Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Indeed.. You need to hoist up the whole car equally. Disposal of the lubricant also a hassle. Need to bring to workshop at least.

DIY spirit is good. But I heard from someone that he got fined 2K by NEA while changing oil at mscp. Spirit dropped to 0% immediately.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DIY spirit is good. But I heard from someone that he got fined 2K by NEA while changing oil at mscp. Spirit dropped to 0% immediately.

Indeed. There are still dude around wana "test water" with the authority.
I guess there could be cases back then of ppl diy and mess up the whole place and or discard the used EO at the drainage or inside dustbin.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not much of a review, cos the eo and atf change job was pretty straight forward.

the mechanic used a pump to remove the old atf which was brownish-black. then poured in the new pinkish-purple fluid by hand...removed drain plug below the engine, then filled new eo by hand. all this was done without ramping up the car lol...then he drove to a level ground and check all the dip sticks...

Nice... This is how most JB workshop practice. Without hoist, no problem. floor jack also can.
I rem a dude in this thread commented about his ride not hoist up during eo change. KPKB of not been professional this workshop.
Perhaps, this dude if you read this, can avoid heading to this wksp too. :s13:

Last edited:

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice... This is how most JB workshop practice. Without hoist, no problem. floor jack also can.
I rem a dude in this thread commented about his ride not hoist up during eo change. KPKB of not been professional this workshop.
Perhaps, this dude if you read this, can avoid heading to this wksp too. :s13:

Whatever works, hoist or not. My car at its 12.5 years, 200,000km. In excellent mechanical condition, maintained by Carclick. Previously Yuan & Hong from LCH Bros.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whatever works, hoist or not. My car at its 12.5 years, 200,000km. In excellent mechanical condition, maintained by Carclick. Previously Yuan & Hong from LCH Bros.

Personally for my ride too. Just get it done, pay and i am a happy man oredi.

hanabeshi

Reaction score
Hi Hi, have your problem been solve? You have change the above and yet still have coolant problem?

Hello, sorry for the late reply .

Nope , missing coolant still. I have went to auto saver last month and they replace the water pump and water hoses . Total damage $300. Problem still persists and this morning went back and they told me there’s a small leakage on the top overhead gasket as they see some milky compound underneath my engine oil cap.

But he say I should be able to continue driving but I need to top up coolant every 2 weeks. If I want to resolve the issue , have to replace recon import engine at around $2000.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.