Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Announced!

onlinehero

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been sparsely reading (and lurking) over this thread and the GW thread for some time now. Just wanna get the users' 2 cents worth here.

I'm currently using the Amazfit bip (almost 2 years now) - which serves my basic needs of having GPS, receiving notifications (but low resolution such that no emojis), as well as amazing battery life (think ~40 days!)

But i think it's time for an upgrade and i know i have to give up on the battery life aspect. Have read through regarding GW as well as GWA2, and was wondering if yall can help me answer the following questions (i saw some of you guys even upgraded from GW to GWA2):

1) is the GWA2 better overall than the GW? the price difference is not much but the battery difference is quite significant from what i read. i know better is a vague term but for someone who has neither GW nor the GWA2, which would you guys recommend? :D

2) those with LTE - how often do you guys find yourselves leaving your phone and just going out with the watch? i'm assuming only for jogs/runs; are there any other scenario which you don't bring your phone along? :o

3) I saw that you don't need a Samsung phone to enable samsung pay - but i read somewhere that someone had difficulty tapping out of a bus/train but had no difficulty tapping in? can more people confirm this :o

4) i understand the ECG function is not FDA approved yet; should i still cling on to the hope that some day soon it'll get approved? or should i not bother/not factor this ECG function in my decision to purchase either of the watches?

5) can we set a pic of our choice to be the wallpaper on either the GW/GWA2? or is only the available watch faces the only wallpapers?

6) lastly and this is a sweeping statement / comment to make; is the GW/GWA2 worth the upgrade from a basic minimal smartwatch such as the amazfit bip? or should i just hold on to my itch and keep that $300 :o=:p

looking forward to some meaningful insights :s12::D

Last edited:

Adelyte

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been sparsely reading (and lurking) over this thread and the GW thread for some time now. Just wanna get the users' 2 cents worth here.

I'm currently using the Amazfit bip (almost 2 years now) - which serves my basic needs of having GPS, receiving notifications (but low resolution such that no emojis), as well as amazing battery life (think ~40 days!)

But i think it's time for an upgrade and i know i have to give up on the battery life aspect. Have read through regarding GW as well as GWA2, and was wondering if yall can help me answer the following questions (i saw some of you guys even upgraded from GW to GWA2):

1) is the GWA2 better overall than the GW? the price difference is not much but the battery difference is quite significant from what i read. i know better is a vague term but for someone who has neither GW nor the GWA2, which would you guys recommend? :D

2) those with LTE - how often do you guys find yourselves leaving your phone and just going out with the watch? i'm assuming only for jogs/runs; are there any other scenario which you don't bring your phone along? :o

3) I saw that you don't need a Samsung phone to enable samsung pay - but i read somewhere that someone had difficulty tapping out of a bus/train but had no difficulty tapping in? can more people confirm this :o

4) i understand the ECG function is not FDA approved yet; should i still cling on to the hope that some day soon it'll get approved? or should i not bother/not factor this ECG function in my decision to purchase either of the watches?

5) can we set a pic of our choice to be the wallpaper on either the GW/GWA2? or is only the available watch faces the only wallpapers?

6) lastly and this is a sweeping statement / comment to make; is the GW/GWA2 worth the upgrade from a basic minimal smartwatch such as the amazfit bip? or should i just hold on to my itch and keep that $300 :o=:p

looking forward to some meaningful insights :s12::D

I also been using bip b4 switching to gwa2.

Main reason is the always on display as bip. I simply prefer display that's always on.

Gwa2 also have more senors that helps with accuracy.

onlinehero

Reaction score
I also been using bip b4 switching to gwa2.

Main reason is the always on display as bip. I simply prefer display that's always on.

Gwa2 also have more senors that helps with accuracy.
so in your opinion is it worth to upgrade? :D

how'd you adjust from having ~40 days battery life to ~1-2 days only? :o

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

zhix

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if there's any physical shop selling screen protectors for the galaxy watch active 2? Seems like all the options are online sellers, I'm hoping to buy it directly from the shop rather then to wait for the delivery to come.

Adelyte

Reaction score
so in your opinion is it worth to upgrade? :D

how'd you adjust from having ~40 days battery life to ~1-2 days only? :o

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

The wireless charging makes it easy for me. Just place on the charger when I'm not wearing the watch.

Definitely worth it as it got more features. And the GPS lock is much faster then bip.

Ton of watch faces. I tend to change now and then .

Price also not that exp. Abt $300 or less or non lte ver during promotion.

hazardous

Reaction score
Question for the experts here. Why is there such a big price difference between stores ah? I saw cheapest gwa2 at $249, while Courts selling the same model at $399?? Is there a difference? Both are non lte model.

Also, would you guys recommend this watch for someone that doesn't exercise? I just want to use it as a normal watch with notifications alert from my phone

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question for the experts here. Why is there such a big price difference between stores ah? I saw cheapest gwa2 at $249, while Courts selling the same model at $399?? Is there a difference? Both are non lte model.

Also, would you guys recommend this watch for someone that doesn't exercise? I just want to use it as a normal watch with notifications alert from my phone

im also using it as a watch and for the notifications.

i dun even exercise lolol

Reavl

Reaction score

Let me answer for you.
I think the price you see might be a difference in the dimension between 40 vs 40mm because what i see on the cheaper gwa2 for 44mm is $300 and $249 maybe is 40mm.

Secondly, i also just got my 44mm from a carousell seller which is brand new and from what i know of, it is because now Samsung is giving a pair of 44mm and 40mm as a gift or something with purchase of their television and people who does not want it can re sell it back to the store selling the tv or sell themselves on carousell.

Thirdly, LTE allow you to take it out without your phone as non LTE rely on your phone through bluetooth.
LTE allow you to go on the run and exercise without using your phone and make payment i guess. But i do not know whether battery life suffer when you put LTE vs non-LTE.

hazardous

Reaction score
Let me answer for you.
I think the price you see might be a difference in the dimension between 40 vs 40mm because what i see on the cheaper gwa2 for 44mm is $300 and $249 maybe is 40mm.

Secondly, i also just got my 44mm from a carousell seller which is brand new and from what i know of, it is because now Samsung is giving a pair of 44mm and 40mm as a gift or something with purchase of their television and people who does not want it can re sell it back to the store selling the tv or sell themselves on carousell.

Thirdly, LTE allow you to take it out without your phone as non LTE rely on your phone through bluetooth.
LTE allow you to go on the run and exercise without using your phone and make payment i guess. But i do not know whether battery life suffer when you put LTE vs non-LTE.
Not really leh. I'm comparing the 40mm with 40mm. For e.g. Harvey Norman lists the price as $349 https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/smart-tech-and-phones/smart-wearables/smart-watches-en/samsung-sm-r830nzsaxsp-galaxy-40mm-active-2-smart-watch-silver.html

But on carousell I can find the same model and color bnib at $250. Just wondering why there's such a big difference in price (i.e. export set?)

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really leh. I'm comparing the 40mm with 40mm. For e.g. Harvey Norman lists the price as $349 https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/sma...-galaxy-40mm-active-2-smart-watch-silver.html

But on carousell I can find the same model and color bnib at $250. Just wondering why there's such a big difference in price (i.e. export set?)

40mm will be too small for guys

i have a small wrist, i used to wear 46mm Galaxy watch...then now 44mm GWA2

Reavl

Reaction score
Not really leh. I'm comparing the 40mm with 40mm. For e.g. Harvey Norman lists the price as $349 https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/sma...-galaxy-40mm-active-2-smart-watch-silver.html

Samsung is giving a pair of 44mm and 40mm as a gift therefore there is a supply of it on carousell now

hazardous

Reaction score
Finally bought the watch online. Loving it so far but I just realized something.

I'm using the watchface from minimalist tab, but I notice the minute hand is always a minute faster. It displays the correct time when using a digital face, but goes back to being a minute faster once I switch back. Anyway to solve this?

mankind66

Reaction score
Change to another analog watch face.
I found some analog watch second hand very jerky . Cause by watch face app software not well program

Finally bought the watch online. Loving it so far but I just realized something.

I'm using the watchface from minimalist tab, but I notice the minute hand is always a minute faster. It displays the correct time when using a digital face, but goes back to being a minute faster once I switch back. Anyway to solve this?

songboh9696

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The GPS and heart rate seems poor based on review in YT. Does it mean not suitable for people who wants to use this for cycling and running? Anyone wearing it for sports can comment pls.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.