Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The manufacturing date is more to identify the batch that this device belongs to. It has nothing to do with it being used. If you buy it from a reputable store, item should be new and sealed. Warranty will be in accordance to the date on the proof of purchase.

Any good deals?

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many posts nobody discussing or sharing how they are using this for productivity purpose?

As in, fully making use of the keyboard / desktop mode or using the pen for illustration?

Though I admit it is hard to find good vector illustration apps, which I am still looking out for.

As for keyboard, really useful for learning coding. Having a physical keyboard is not just better, viewing is more convenient in the sense that most of the UI is not blocked away by the onscreen keyboard.

Just sucks the fact that because Google gave up on the tablet aspect, many developers are not motivated to churn out tablet-friendly apps. So most of the apps, when opened, they are in portrait mode.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sucks the fact that because Google gave up on the tablet aspect, many developers are not motivated to churn out tablet-friendly apps. So most of the apps, when opened, they are in portrait mode.

Yes really crap, most apps in playstore will say not optimised for your device. The most laughable thing is even Samsung keyboard dun work on my samsung tablet.

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So many posts nobody discussing or sharing how they are using this for productivity purpose?

As in, fully making use of the keyboard / desktop mode or using the pen for illustration?

Though I admit it is hard to find good vector illustration apps, which I am still looking out for.

As for keyboard, really useful for learning coding. Having a physical keyboard is not just better, viewing is more convenient in the sense that most of the UI is not blocked away by the onscreen keyboard.

There are programs such as linux on DeX, termux which allows you to run a linux desktop and hence firefox libreoffice Thunderbird lightning gimp. Enough to turn it into a productivity machine?

Revert back to android when you need to use it as a tablet to consume media or play games.

You can ditch your laptop already.

if you're like me, not very technical, pass it to someone who is to help you install.

Last edited:

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are programs such as linux on DeX, termux which allows you to run a linux desktop and hence firefox libreoffice Thunderbird lightning gimp. Enough to turn it into a productivity machine?

Revert back to android when you need to use it as a tablet to consume media or play games.

You can ditch your laptop already.

if you're like me, not very technical, pass it to someone who is to help you install.

Wah your terminology very cheem.
I am wondering what else is it useful besides doing Microsoft Office stuff.

If say, taking notes for students, a low end tablet is enough, no need one that needs a physical keyboard.

I for one cannot ditch my laptop yet because I still need it to do Adobe stuff like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign etc.

Not even Surface Pro can achieve doing those yet =/

And of course, play games like Maplestory =(

callmeaston

Reaction score
Wah your terminology very cheem.
I am wondering what else is it useful besides doing Microsoft Office stuff.

If say, taking notes for students, a low end tablet is enough, no need one that needs a physical keyboard.

I for one cannot ditch my laptop yet because I still need it to do Adobe stuff like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign etc.

Not even Surface Pro can achieve doing those yet =/

And of course, play games like Maplestory =(

Haha funny read Sia u guys :)

Audris

Reaction score
Currently have the 6gb 128gb version and loving the functionality. Used 45gb of storage thus far, have not experienced any lag issues. Planning to get the original samsung keyboard soon. Do you guys think it's necessary upgrading to the 8gb 256gb model before I buy and stick on the keyboard? Not concerned about the storage but rather fluidity. Not sure if that additional 2gb ram does make any difference?

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently have the 6gb 128gb version and loving the functionality. Used 45gb of storage thus far, have not experienced any lag issues. Planning to get the original samsung keyboard soon. Do you guys think it's necessary upgrading to the 8gb 256gb model before I buy and stick on the keyboard? Not concerned about the storage but rather fluidity. Not sure if that additional 2gb ram does make any difference?

Don't think it matters. Sell and buy again sure incur losses

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Just do it
128 GB not enough one 256 GB minimum

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It is not necessary to upgrade. The space constraints on the 128GB version can be alleviated with a cheap and fast 256GB micro SD card. As for the additional 2GB, it is unlikely you will experience a difference between the 2 even when you game. Its more for multi-tasking, and I really mean a lot of multi-tasking. Even a memory hog like Windows 10 with like 5 to 6 apps running don't take up 6GB of ram. Mobile apps are smaller in size and mobile OS should be more efficient with RAM usage.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think it matters. Sell and buy again sure incur losses

If it is for tangible/ significant improvements, perhaps. But in this case, the extra 2GB is really like a good to have feature. Mobile OS generally don't require that much RAM to run in the first place. It is the usual more is better mentality in this case.

Those who upgraded from a phone with 6GB ram will not experience any noticeable difference when they move up to a 8GB or even 16GB ram. If games run smoother/faster, its because of the faster ram, not because of more ram.

Audris

Reaction score
Another dilemma is worrying that when the Tab S7 is launched in a couple of months, the keyboard will not be compatible. That is if the S7 is upgrade-worthy 😪

GhostZM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went for the higher spec model because I just like bigger numbers and my budget permitted it.

Anyway paying via instalment so price difference is actually negligible.

CheerS!!!;)

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Another dilemma is worrying that when the Tab S7 is launched in a couple of months, the keyboard will not be compatible. That is if the S7 is upgrade-worthy 😪
Most likely is August. Tab S7 that is.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hope will improve the keyboard cover for the next version

Prinsloo

Reaction score
Not sure if I sure get s5e or s6. Mainly for fb, youtube, play ML and abit of school work. Or should wait for huawei matepad to launch in sg or wait for tab s6e/s7

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I sure get s5e or s6. Mainly for fb, youtube, play ML and abit of school work. Or should wait for huawei matepad to launch in sg or wait for tab s6e/s7

If you want to try Huawei, MediaPad M6 is enough to suit your needs. No significant lags when playing Mobile Legends: Bang Bang on it, but it is very heavy and tiring.

If you aim for MatePad Pro, though, I would prefer it if you aim for Tab S6 since both are around the same price. The stylus placement for Tab S6 is better too you won't fear losing it as opposed to just sticking it topside for the former.

And if the desktop mode is anything similar to MediaPad M6, from Googling, DeX is way more polished.

Though I have listed so much shortcomings of MediaPad M6 as compared to Tab S6, I am still lovin it as it is able to achieve my minimal requirements: gaming, multimedia, note-taking, illustrations and online learning.

The only gripe (against all Android tablets out there now) is the lack of enthusiastic tablet supported apps. In the past you could efen find tablet apps sections in the Android Market. Now, those "HD" version apps that existed (like Cut The Rope HD, PPTV HD and whanots) have long since been removed.

My only semi solution for not having portrait restricted apps to appear properly is by launching them via desktop mode. Tried those force landscape apps but doesn't actually look well.

Still, it all boils down to your personal preference. I'm just giving my personal views.

Spending over $1000 in ringgit is always better than spending almost the same amount in S$.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The question is if you need it urgently? If not then you can afford to wait. I actually don't think there will be a meaningful improvement between S6 and S7. Sure the SOC will likely be better, i.e. SD 865 vs 855. In both cases, these are fast SOCs and unless you run some benchmarks or planning to use it primarily for games, you should not feel much of a difference.

These sort of special keyboard case is something that I normally don't recommend people to buy because your concern is spot on. Compatibility is usually a problem, followed by the question on durability. Worst part is that it cost a lot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.