Krisflyer miles redemption

gizmo_toh

Reaction score
If Japan is the destination of choice, you can consider trying for Fukuoka/Nagoya/Osaka. These may be in less demand than Tokyo, just try to avoid flights on A330 and B777-200/300, as these have the much older less desirable regional business class seats.

Thanks for the advice.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Tokyo is currently either the 787,a380 or 777-300er. Personally prefer not to go for 787(some may disagree) but the seat pitch abit small and very hard seats. Try to get the bulkhead if u can. Have managed 4 seats in April before (sakura season) so definitely possible if u book immediately the moment when the slot open

seanysp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is definitely possible to redeem for 4 business saver award tickets, perhaps you are picking a popular route, and your chances will be further reduced if you are looking at a date that is either popular (e.g. school holidays, weekends, etc), or not too far into the future. Which destination are you looking at?
Yea i got 4 saver to seoul in 787
Osaka had availability too

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
I would like to seek guidance on how date change for saver ticket work. If I were to book a ticket for Nov 2020 now (Mar 2020) and decided that I would not proceed with the trip, how far away can I postpone my ticket to?

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Need pay 50usd to change date
Usually 355 days in advance

I would like to seek guidance on how date change for saver ticket work. If I were to book a ticket for Nov 2020 now (Mar 2020) and decided that I would not proceed with the trip, how far away can I postpone my ticket to?

eleutheromania

Reaction score
Need pay 50usd to change date
Usually 355 days in advance

Nope. Validity is one year from date of ticket issuance.

He book now, ticket issued now, ticket is valid for one year from date of travel.

Example:

3 months return ticket issued today 6 March, for travel 20 March, the return has to be within 3 months. If outbound is cancelled, the ticket is valid for a year till 5 March next year. Can book for travel 7 Oct, return within 3 months.

Last edited:

bluetwinkle

Reaction score
Nope. Validity is one year from date of ticket issuance.

He book now, ticket issued now, ticket is valid for one year from date of travel.

Example:

3 months return ticket issued today 6 March, for travel 20 March, the return has to be within 3 months. If outbound is cancelled, the ticket is valid for a year till 5 March next year. Can book for travel 7 Oct, return within 3 months.
Thanks for the info. Guess I have to take the risk to book with my expiring miles now and pray that things will get better for travel in Nov/Dec period.

Assuming if I have to postpone my trip, does it also mean that I have to complete the return trip within one year of ticket issuance?

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SQ cancelled my SQ637/638 SIN-NRT on new suites (2 seats) in March/April.

I’m searching for replacement dates and basically there are ZERO dates that have 2 available savers for rebooking for the same flights end of this year or next year.

SQ so far has responded to my requests and said they won’t open up award space and therefore won’t rebook. They say either keep the ticket open and rebook later, book the other B773 flight with award space (but that’s F and not suites), or redeposit and pay the usd75.

That sort of sucks big time.

Traver

Reaction score
Travel will never be the same again after this pandemic. Very sad to hear many planes are grounded

khoobp

Reaction score
Miles redeemed flight cancelled by SQ as well. Did anyone try to ask for a full refund of the tax and miles?

mata_hippo

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Miles redeemed flight cancelled by SQ as well. Did anyone try to ask for a full refund of the tax and miles?
keen to find out about this as well

i have a redeemed flight booked for october this year, if leisure travel still dun turn positive, will we be able to get back all the points for the redemption and cash we spent on the tax?

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wonder who still dare to take econs

whole family sit side by side ok right. hahaha

pacificstorm

Reaction score

i have a redeemed flight booked for october this year, if leisure travel still dun turn positive, will we be able to get back all the points for the redemption and cash we spent on the tax?

Well they just extended free cancellation till july. They do it month by month. But if govt stop blocking travel by oct, ur best chances is to pay cancellation fees

kenpachi82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

me too. i think 100K miles gone case.

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well they just extended free cancellation till july. They do it month by month. But if govt stop blocking travel by oct, ur best chances is to pay cancellation fees

Jialat my US 3 ticket total 240K mile I think gone case liao

me too. i think 100K miles gone case.

Do both of you bother checking with KF/SQ?

KF.jpg

Last edited:

pacificstorm

Reaction score
The refund is slow though, more than 1 month and still waiting. Lucky though sq said as long as apply and pending just leave it there they will handle

Tiger9119

Reaction score
The refund is slow though, more than 1 month and still waiting. Lucky though sq said as long as apply and pending just leave it there they will handle

I applied refund for my redemption ticket on 9 Apr and on 20 May, I received an email from SQ informing me that I will receive the refund within 4 to 6 weeks. The miles were credited on 20May and the airport taxes were refunded to my credit card about a week later.

Edit: The ticket was for travel in April 2020.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.