If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

TheOne

Reaction score
Power, so many Secretlab owners here are within the 1% of users that experience the PU leather flaking?! Or is that closer to 50%? Is there actually any Secretlab user here that HASN'T experienced peeling yet?

arfness

Reaction score
Power, so many Secretlab owners here are within the 1% of users that experience the PU leather flaking?! Or is that closer to 50%? Is there actually any Secretlab user here that HASN'T experienced peeling yet?

Mine 1 year old, no peeling yet. Don't really clean it, sometimes sit on it wet after shower or sometimes when i sweat then i wipe it down. Guess we'll see :D

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine 1 year old, no peeling yet. Don't really clean it, sometimes sit on it wet after shower or sometimes when i sweat then i wipe it down. Guess we'll see :D

Ah.. You sounded just like me after 1 year with it as well. :D

Wait... Wait until almost 2 years and tada!

Anarky

Reaction score

I bought mine 4 years ago (Omega stealth), about 1.5 yrs in it started to peel.. I'm still using it now (bought a car seat cover to put over the whole thing, so the flakes are all contained inside still) Actually pretty surprised that all the moving parts on the chair are still working fine.

I may get a new secretlab chair again, but most definitely will avoid anything using PU leather, and will recommend everyone else to avoid PU leather like the plague. Don't listen to ******** like "it's no problem if you only use it in AC setting"

karlgantry

Reaction score
I bought mine 4 years ago (Omega stealth), about 1.5 yrs in it started to peel.. I'm still using it now (bought a car seat cover to put over the whole thing, so the flakes are all contained inside still) Actually pretty surprised that all the moving parts on the chair are still working fine.

I may get a new secretlab chair again, but most definitely will avoid anything using PU leather, and will recommend everyone else to avoid PU leather like the plague. Don't listen to ******** like "it's no problem if you only use it in AC setting"

I heard good things hence I bought. I like it also. Good thing you here bro!

Matrix21

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i bought my titan chair in 2016 march, took moderate care with the chair but still resulted in peeling at the lower back of the chair (where the lumbar support is), quite unsightly and i had to resort to using duct tape to prevent furthur peeling.

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Peeling is 1 thing.
Lousy Support is another thing.

Premium price also another thing.

3 thing add up not worth.

Price Vs Value get HM better.

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giving away free gaming chair :s13:

mvooHbT.jpg

sweetyetspicy

Reaction score

tingtb

Reaction score
Wrote to them about the peeling issue. They reply that they will replaced the seat base and back rest complimentary with a service fees of $49.00. Requested to replace with the fabric type which was rejected. Anyway was told the parts will only be ready in June/July.

Posted from PCWX using Note 10+

kingsen

Reaction score
Wrote to them about the peeling issue. They reply that they will replaced the seat base and back rest complimentary with a service fees of $49.00. Requested to replace with the fabric type which was rejected. Anyway was told the parts will only be ready in June/July.

Which model u using? If 49 bucks after 2 years to replace brand new seat base and back rest I think its worth it.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using GAGT

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you are lucky already.

see what they reply me LOL. last time. when i open the email. i remember not to buy any of their product again.

Option 1: Trade-in Program
Trade-in your current chair at a value of $100* which can be used for all existing chair models available (Prime PU Leather, SoftWeave™ Series). The trade-in value (Discount Code) can be used in conjunction with all ongoing promotions.

Option 2: Replacement Seat base @ $150
This will include Complimentary Assembly service [U.P $49

tingtb

Reaction score
Which model u using? If 49 bucks after 2 years to replace brand new seat base and back rest I think its worth it.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using GAGT

This coming Aug is 2 years. 2 years Singnet Broadband with top-up promotion. Try my luck writing to them. Hopefully the replaced seat base has been enhanced and could last.

z6jRDkW.jpg

tingtb

Reaction score
you are lucky already.

see what they reply me LOL. last time. when i open the email. i remember not to buy any of their product again.

Option 1: Trade-in Program
Trade-in your current chair at a value of $100* which can be used for all existing chair models available (Prime PU Leather, SoftWeave™ Series). The trade-in value (Discount Code) can be used in conjunction with all ongoing promotions.

Option 2: Replacement Seat base @ $150
This will include Complimentary Assembly service [U.P $49

Their reply to me.
ByrDBmI.jpg

Vulpix

Reaction score
Why are people still buying this brand when a Haworth Souji is like 5xx?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.