200+ Ping on CoD Warzone on Singtel

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone having similar issues? I tried dota 2 and get 6 ping. Other FPS feel fine too, but CoD for whatever reason giving me 200+ ping.. :o

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone having similar issues? I tried dota 2 and get 6 ping. Other FPS feel fine too, but CoD for whatever reason giving me 200+ ping.. :o

I'm using singtel 1gbps. Haven't played it for a couple weeks but first couple of weeks when it launched I was getting 5-20ms like 90% of the time, only very rarely I get put into 100-150ms servers.

Did you select your region as Asia or Americas? Singapore server is under Americas. If you are already playing on america region then maybe a lot of ppl stopped playing because of hackers and you get put into servers that are further?

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm using singtel 1gbps. Haven't played it for a couple weeks but first couple of weeks when it launched I was getting 5-20ms like 90% of the time, only very rarely I get put into 100-150ms servers.

Did you select your region as Asia or Americas? Singapore server is under Americas. If you are already playing on america region then maybe a lot of ppl stopped playing because of hackers and you get put into servers that are further?

I was getting 5-20ms last week as well, have never been placed in 100-150ms servers before. My friends on M1 and viewquest are getting 10-15ms pings as well, only me on 200+ ms. Logging onto Americas region like everyone :o

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was getting 5-20ms last week as well, have never been placed in 100-150ms servers before. My friends on M1 and viewquest are getting 10-15ms pings as well, only me on 200+ ms. Logging onto Americas region like everyone :o

Are you playing with your friends? Try play tgt and see if y'all getting the same ping. If they get 10-15ms and you get 200+ then smth really wrong with your internet.

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
Are you playing with your friends? Try play tgt and see if y'all getting the same ping. If they get 10-15ms and you get 200+ then smth really wrong with your internet.

Yes we were together, they're 10-15ms, I'm 200+ ms ping.. The thing is other games for me are perfectly fine sigh :o

Thinking if this is a Singtel issue.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes we were together, they're 10-15ms, I'm 200+ ms ping.. The thing is other games for me are perfectly fine sigh :o

Thinking if this is a Singtel issue.

might be. do a traceroute. and if it time out alot, screenshot it and show your ISP.
howto: https://kb.intermedia.net/article/682

we have a community of Warzone players if you are interested to join and discuss the game. see sig for discord.

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
might be. do a traceroute. and if it time out alot, screenshot it and show your ISP.
howto: https://kb.intermedia.net/article/682

we have a community of Warzone players if you are interested to join and discuss the game. see sig for discord.

Thks for the info, do u have any idea what is warzone's server IP to do traceroute? Can't google the info.

GundamKnight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, me and my friend is lagging as well on whizzcom's ISP, 250ms
when downloading updates also around 1mb/sec

Jxspeloxer

Reaction score
Just contacted Singtel for help, they asked me to reinstall the game. The technician that I talked to also played COD MW. He have no issues running on Singtel line. Having high ping (>200) since yesterday, was hoping that it had smt to do with today's update.

GundamKnight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just contacted Singtel for help, they asked me to reinstall the game. The technician that I talked to also played COD MW. He have no issues running on Singtel line. Having high ping (>200) since yesterday, was hoping that it had smt to do with today's update.

hmm i dont think reinstalling works, its not an isolated issue, whats yr NAT type when u joined a game

Jxspeloxer

Reaction score
hmm i dont think reinstalling works, its not an isolated issue, whats yr NAT type when u joined a game

Ikr... My NAT type was Open.
One thing to note was that they immediate searched for servers that are <125ms. No kidding! More than 125ms, dunno if its a display bug or what...

Last edited:

anarchy89

Reaction score
200+ ping on CoD MW on Singtel

Hey there, I'm on singtel 1gbps. I've been playing with friends who are on m1, starhub, viewquest and singtel.

For the past few weeks, when we join certain games, I would randomly get 200ms, while my friends who are on Singtel and the rest of the ISPs would be getting 20ms. I was the only one who would be getting the 200ms problem even among my Singtel friends. I would get 20ms most of the time though, around 90% of the time.

I have been calling singtel for the last 2 weeks, sent them screenshots of my traceroute and my friends' traceroutes to the amazon servers. It shows my ping before reaching the amazon servers reaching around 200ms, but my friends only hit 50ms max (even the ones on Singtel). For some reason, mine was the only one lagging.

They called me back saying some of their "wires are damaged and theyre working on fixing it". They said the same thing to me twice so far.

Now it seems everyone else is having this problem not just me.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been calling singtel for the last 2 weeks, sent them screenshots of my traceroute and my friends' traceroutes to the amazon servers. It shows my ping before reaching the amazon servers reaching around 200ms, but my friends only hit 50ms max (even the ones on Singtel). For some reason, mine was the only one lagging.

everyone should just collect their (good and bad) traceroutes (of course censor the WAN addresses) and submit to all their ISPs. i wish i can find a safe way to collect them all but that might be too sensitive. only thing i can offer is the discord to discuss.

it took time but we did that before with R6S and kept complaining, even threatening to go to another competitor since they are reluctant to resolve the tracerouting issue.

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
This POS Singtel, now even Twitch lagging liao. Complained about streaming shroud on mixer lag previously and they said they couldn't do anything about it. Now even twitch degraded sigh :o

anarchy89

Reaction score
its the routing table to the aws server. last time it was azure cloud, when i was playing r6 siege, but i got them to fix it. if we all keep calling them theyll fix it

anarchy89

Reaction score
so i called singtel tech support, they wanted to switch my router out even after i told them it was not just me facing the issue, i dont think they will be able to figure this out anytime soon. they said they will escalate the issue. I also contacted activision support on twitter and singtel support on twitter i suggest whoever who is having this problem does the same. https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist and https://twitter.com/SingtelSupport , I think the both of them need to contact their AWS tech support.

UO

Master Member
Reaction score
so i called singtel tech support, they wanted to switch my router out even after i told them it was not just me facing the issue, i dont think they will be able to figure this out anytime soon. they said they will escalate the issue. I also contacted activision support on twitter and singtel support on twitter i suggest whoever who is having this problem does the same. https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist and https://twitter.com/SingtelSupport , I think the both of them need to contact their AWS tech support.

Yes this is standard Singtel SOP. Most of their phoneline tech support while very helpful are not the most tech proficient. This includes the average house-calling tech guy. They will always check if u are using wireless/homeplug, followed by using Singtel/3rd party router and proceed to shift blame to the end user when possible. When all else fails, they will usually change your router for you or escalate it to another Tech team.

Singtel is very good for the average non-tech savvy home user who just uses his internet to surf net and watch youtube. Any issue call them, the tech guy will just come over and change your router if you are within contract :D

All in all, this is very good compared to many moons ago when their tech/phone support don't even give a fck to your issues. Thankfully this changed when they started to lose customers big time with fibre services competition from m1, starhub and myrepublic.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.