Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

vamprose

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking forward to the (hopefully) neutral reviews! thanks for biting the bullet hahah

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the Artificum?
Not bad. I've a few slipped discs at around L4 to S1, 1 is sciatica. My left thigh will hurt if I sit for long or badly. So far I don't feel any aches, so that's a good sign.

I slouch a lot and if i tilt all the way, the Aeron will have a gap behind.

tdq007

Reaction score
Ok. Time for first impression. Do note when i use HM Aeron as reference it's based on my experience with the old version (not remastered) which i last touched 4 years ago. So it's loosely based on my fading memory.

So let's get to the important part.

Out of the box:
- The chair looks good just like in the product pics.
- Hard casters work really nice and smooth on my homogeneous tiles.
- There were some brown dust on some parts of the frame which i felt they should have at least cleaned up after assembling in factory. Dust got swept away pretty easily but already gave me some negative feeling of what was about to come.
- What made it worse was while pushing the chair to my room, i noticed the back and arm rest unit wobbles easily leading me to suspect that they did not assemble properly.
- By now the excitement of exploring my new "toy" has worn off and turned into "Ok let's see how much worse this can be."

Quality:
- The materials used seems good.
- The quality/type of the plastic frame shell and adjustment levers reminds me of Aeron.
- Arm rest pad is some kind of good rubbery plastic which is less warm than leather and won't absorb sweat.
- Mesh material has more fabric cotton feel and gentle on bare skin. Like previous poster i recall old Aeron's mesh more plasticky feel.

Comfort:
- Seems to be very customizable. Notable adjustments are seat depth, lumber height, arm rest 3D movement just like old Aeron. However, additional functions like back rest tilt tension, and the side tilt are bonuses over old Aeron. I have always found chairs with loose back seat tilt to be annoying and usually set them to no tilt. But since i can adjust the tension on S7, it sort of behaves like a very firm suspension and cushions my back when i lean back after losing a game.

- Lumber support. On old Aeron, the lumbar support facing the mesh side is hard plastic. On S7, this part is soft firm rubber plastic. Kind of like those plastic insulation curtain sheets found in cold kitchens. Might be softer on the feel for those who prefer. Would have been nice if depth can be adjusted for this.

- Side tilt. This came as a surprise. Side tilt allows more freedom in movement while still offering support to your posture. If you're in lazy mood and just want to sit back and watch a movie or game, you are still able to stretch your waist and tilt a little to the sides while the rest of your body rest lazily on the head rest and arm rest. This is a plus for me as i can see myself needing much less times to stand up and stretch my upper body. I do wish that they could add tension adjustment for this and also a toggle to on/off.

- Seat front tilt. This function seems to work well in conjunction with back rest tilt. When leaning back, the seat front tilt allows your hip and butt to straighten approx. 35-45 degrees forward so that your body can lay more straight. I have no need for this function but think it'll benefit those who likes to laze and sleep on the chair. Oh also if you like to piak piak on chairs this function will benefit you.

- Head rest. Nothing much to comment on this. You can adjust the height by pulling/pushing it up/down. The adjustment is pretty stiff and takes many tries to get it at my desired height. Would have been nice if the "teeth" is smoother and easier to maneuver and perhaps add a depth adjustment and lock. But if this is included without extra charge then no complains i'll live with it.

- Arm rest. Just like old Aeron this has the "3D" adjustment of height, angle, and depth. But also like old Aeron the angle and depth can't be locked which used to annoy me as i like to pull the chair towards me from the arm rest and this action accidentally move the angle and depth which i have to re-adjust after sitting down. That said, this isn't a big issue and may not affect other users.

Ok. The time it took me to think and write this out while sitting on the chair. A summary of my first impression for today is the quality and basic function of this chair and the posture support if offers definitely hits around 3/4 of it's price. There are certain areas highlighted (above) that i wish was improved on or added but that may also mean increased prices which i may not appreciate.

The bells and whistles like the side tilt has bigger potential to hit way more than the remaining 1/4 of it's price. So all in all i'm very happy with the S7 now and it meets my expectations and only time will tell if it can exceed more.

Wow! Thanks, looking forward to more reviews between Aeron and this S7!

tdq007

Reaction score
Not bad. I've a few slipped discs at around L4 to S1, 1 is sciatica. My left thigh will hurt if I sit for long or badly. So far I don't feel any aches, so that's a good sign.

I slouch a lot and if i tilt all the way, the Aeron will have a gap behind.

Looking forward to a review after using for a few more days!

Attila

Reaction score
i think im not going ahead of the atlas headrest MO since the saving is not that much.
i will still be buying 1 for myself and anyone interest you can use the $5 discount code - CISA6

atlas give me a better price of us$160 shipped moq 5unit.
discount code of $10 using dd14 for individual order

vamprose

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have dimensions for the s7?

Can't seem to find any information on unwanted imports and chairworkers website

Ah-Toh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok. Time for first impression. Do note when i use HM Aeron as reference it's based on my experience with the old version (not remastered) which i last touched 4 years ago. So it's loosely based on my fading memory.

The bells and whistles like the side tilt has bigger potential to hit way more than the remaining 1/4 of it's price. So all in all i'm very happy with the S7 now and it meets my expectations and only time will tell if it can exceed more.

Awesome! By any chance you have photos to share?

Thanks in advance!

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure which part of the chair you want to see but here's a few photos.

sDR0VPs.jpg

9NIVJnh.jpg

J3XiYJo.jpg

e1L1mJ9.jpg

How much and where to buy?

White dawn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the review

So let's get to the important part.

Out of the box:
- The chair looks good just like in the product pics.
- Hard casters work really nice and smooth on my homogeneous tiles.
- There were some brown dust on some parts of the frame which i felt they should have at least cleaned up after assembling in factory. Dust got swept away pretty easily but already gave me some negative feeling of what was about to come.
- What made it worse was while pushing the chair to my room, i noticed the back and arm rest unit wobbles easily leading me to suspect that they did not assemble properly.
- By now the excitement of exploring my new "toy" has worn off and turned into "Ok let's see how much worse this can be."

Quality:
- The materials used seems good.
- The quality/type of the plastic frame shell and adjustment levers reminds me of Aeron.
- Arm rest pad is some kind of good rubbery plastic which is less warm than leather and won't absorb sweat.
- Mesh material has more fabric cotton feel and gentle on bare skin. Like previous poster i recall old Aeron's mesh more plasticky feel.

Comfort:
- Seems to be very customizable. Notable adjustments are seat depth, lumber height, arm rest 3D movement just like old Aeron. However, additional functions like back rest tilt tension, and the side tilt are bonuses over old Aeron. I have always found chairs with loose back seat tilt to be annoying and usually set them to no tilt. But since i can adjust the tension on S7, it sort of behaves like a very firm suspension and cushions my back when i lean back after losing a game.

- Lumber support. On old Aeron, the lumbar support facing the mesh side is hard plastic. On S7, this part is soft firm rubber plastic. Kind of like those plastic insulation curtain sheets found in cold kitchens. Might be softer on the feel for those who prefer. Would have been nice if depth can be adjusted for this.

- Side tilt. This came as a surprise. Side tilt allows more freedom in movement while still offering support to your posture. If you're in lazy mood and just want to sit back and watch a movie or game, you are still able to stretch your waist and tilt a little to the sides while the rest of your body rest lazily on the head rest and arm rest. This is a plus for me as i can see myself needing much less times to stand up and stretch my upper body. I do wish that they could add tension adjustment for this and also a toggle to on/off.

- Seat front tilt. This function seems to work well in conjunction with back rest tilt. When leaning back, the seat front tilt allows your hip and butt to straighten approx. 35-45 degrees forward so that your body can lay more straight. I have no need for this function but think it'll benefit those who likes to laze and sleep on the chair. Oh also if you like to piak piak on chairs this function will benefit you.

- Head rest. Nothing much to comment on this. You can adjust the height by pulling/pushing it up/down. The adjustment is pretty stiff and takes many tries to get it at my desired height. Would have been nice if the "teeth" is smoother and easier to maneuver and perhaps add a depth adjustment and lock. But if this is included without extra charge then no complains i'll live with it.

- Arm rest. Just like old Aeron this has the "3D" adjustment of height, angle, and depth. But also like old Aeron the angle and depth can't be locked which used to annoy me as i like to pull the chair towards me from the arm rest and this action accidentally move the angle and depth which i have to re-adjust after sitting down. That said, this isn't a big issue and may not affect other users.

Ok. The time it took me to think and write this out while sitting on the chair. A summary of my first impression for today is the quality and basic function of this chair and the posture support if offers definitely hits around 3/4 of it's price. There are certain areas highlighted (above) that i wish was improved on or added but that may also mean increased prices which i may not appreciate.

flipenjoi

Reaction score
I am absolutely happy with my Aeron chair as well! arrived yesterday too! It is definitely metal for the frame of the chair

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.