NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi! Anyone know if they would accept SIT Accountancy Graduate (Third Class)? Planning to teach POA/Math. What will be the chances of getting in? Are there any tips for the interview sessions? I’m applying for the Jun 2020 intake. Thanks in advance!

The chances of getting PoA and math is low. This is because lesser schools offer PoA these days, and there are excess math teachers at sec level. You are likely to face very strong competition especially for math.

Nnameless

Reaction score
I got my offer for the pre-NIE PGDE teaching stint today at 8am! After 9 long months

Same here, after 9 months. Aug batch. So be prepared for your application to delay for 1/2 application cycles.

Hi! Anyone know if they would accept SIT Accountancy Graduate (Third Class)? Planning to teach POA/Math. What will be the chances of getting in? Are there any tips for the interview sessions? I’m applying for the Jun 2020 intake. Thanks in advance!

The chances of getting PoA and math is low. This is because lesser schools offer PoA these days, and there are excess math teachers at sec level. You are likely to face very strong competition especially for math.

Don't take up accounting just because you want to teach it though. It's true, there is more Math teachers and more applicants in Math. For the first step though, I would suggest to not apply for 2 similar subjects like POA and Math (if it makes sense to you). You can still do it but if they ask you to change your subject combination do consider it.

Last edited:

meowyy

Reaction score
Same here, after 9 months. Aug batch. So be prepared for your application to delay for 1/2 application cycles.

Don't take up accounting just because you want to teach it though. It's true, there is more Math teachers and more applicants in Math. For the first step though, I would suggest to not apply for 2 similar subjects like POA and Math (if it makes sense to you). You can still do it but if they ask you to change your subject combination do consider it.
congrats!! which subject/level are you going to teach?

Glassesmissing

Reaction score
Congrats too! Teaching Math and Chem. I pm-ed you wanting to ask you something haha. Hope we can start successfully on 22 June

Congrats Nnameless and meowyyy!
I just got an offer from MOE too! I’m teaching at primary school.. haha

Last edited:

lonely_driver

Reaction score
congrats to all those starting their contract teaching stint soon.

An advice. Be open to changes and pay attention to your classroom management. Also, use this stint to reflect if you wish to pursue teaching as a career.

I have seen a couple of situations where people come in excited but decided to end it after their contract stint due to various reasons.

jtayyy

Reaction score
hiiii! anyone from Feb batch received any updates? thanks!

Seems like they are clearing applicants from the last year September window! If anyone from February window got any updates, please update us too :))))))) the wait is really lengthy and frustrating, made longer due to covid 2019

earlgreymilktea

Reaction score
Hello, I forgot to update you guys but I got the email too :)
Same day and similar timing as meowyy!
Just to clarify, the email title has the word "Possible.." in it right?

Congrats to meowyy, Nnamless, Glassesmissing too!! Still remember interacting with you guys here :) Very happy for you guys, hopefully the rest from the Aug/Sept batch will receive the email soon.

Melodious wonderer

Reaction score
Hello, I forgot to update you guys but I got the email too :)
Same day and similar timing as meowyy!
Just to clarify, the email title has the word "Possible.." in it right?

Congrats to meowyy, Nnamless, Glassesmissing too!! Still remember interacting with you guys here :) Very happy for you guys, hopefully the rest from the Aug/Sept batch will receive the email soon.

Congrats!
May I know what subject and level you are teaching?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.