Treasure at Tampines

Ohw123

Reaction score
It just looks like there are discrepancies in land bid prices during the period of enbloc euphoria. Developer who overbid and surviving on thin margins are helping developers of kopar and SR sell. Woodleigh Residence is one good example that is helping the rest of the island sell at high prices.

However, if the economy and job losses turn out to be as bad as the forecasts, kopar and SR can afford to slash prices while the rest will incur losses.

Right now, sinkies still appear quite optimistic about the property market just like US equites in early feb.

SR can’t really decrease selling price a lot as they’re making a 13% profit compared to many other developers making 20 to 30% profit

Yea agree that some developers overbid for their land and helped other developers sell
To me SR shld be one of them that helps cause nearby Margaret Ville bid abt 950psf for their land but selling same psf as SR, translating to 27% profit

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score
Although we were celebrating Kopar’s low land price before launch, this same factor is now posing a big threat.

If sales slow, the higher margin simply means that Cheap Eng Seng can slash prices at the expense of earlier buyers without making an overall loss (Recall how they screwed CityVista Residences 8 years ago)

Those whose land price were lower can afford to decrease prices and that’s one concern for some who buy into those projects during these uncertain times

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Midwood land $1067ppr psf. Selling $16xxpsf.
So far 24 out of 564 sold. Launch since Oct 2019.
March-May 0 sold

Lowest psf is the 1 bedders from $1535psf onwards.

It just looks like there are discrepancies in land bid prices during the period of enbloc euphoria. Developer who overbid and surviving on thin margins are helping developers of kopar and SR sell. Woodleigh Residence is one good example that is helping the rest of the island sell at high prices.

However, if the economy and job losses turn out to be as bad as the forecasts, kopar and SR can afford to slash prices while the rest will incur losses.

Right now, sinkies still appear quite optimistic about the property market just like US equites in early feb.

Ohw123

Reaction score

Lowest psf is the 1 bedders at $1535psf onwards.

If guessing construction cost + marketing cost is abt 500psf, they really selling just above breakeven or breakeven

holasingapura

Master Member
Reaction score
March-May 0 sold

Curious case of midwood. Developer is ok, mrt short walk away. Perhaps priced too close to daintree at beauty world? But daintree is not selling well either. No one interested in west condos? East people more euphoric than west? Both daintree and midwood overpriced? Then what about the rest of the new launches?

I am actually very confused with this round of new launch pricing. Discrepancies everywhere. I will leave it to the experts to analyse.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, coz just few hundred metres away, Mont botanik around similar psf. Freehold dev. On side note,somehow Midwood help Mont botanik to move.

Both showflat next to each other too.
March-May
> Mont botanik 8 sold
> Midwood 0

Curious case of midwood. Developer is ok, mrt short walk away. Perhaps priced too close to daintree at beauty world? But daintree is not selling well either. No one interested in west condos? East people more euphoric than west? Both daintree and midwood overpriced? Then what about the rest of the new launches?

I am actually very confused with this round of new launch pricing. Discrepancies everywhere. I will leave it to the experts to analyse.

Last edited:

Ohw123

Reaction score

I think Hillview is in OCR (correct me if I’m wrong) and not very near the city centre. Its going for 16xxpsf

While you can get an OCR condo like Clavon, Penrose (I think penrose is ocr right?) at 15xxpsf

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hillview area > OCR
Beauty world area > RCR

Penrose > RCR
Clavon > OCR

I think Hillview is in OCR (correct me if I’m wrong) and not very near the city centre. Its going for 16xxpsf

While you can get an OCR condo like Clavon, Penrose (I think penrose is ocr right?) at 15xxpsf

Ohw123

Reaction score
Bro, coz just few hundred metres away, Mont botanik around similar psf. Freehold dev. On side note,somehow Midwood help Mont botanik to move.

Both showflat next to each other too.
March-May
> Mont botanik 8 sold
> Midwood 0

Ohhh so that’s one reason

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Hillview area > OCR
Beauty world area > RCR

Penrose > RCR
Clavon > OCR
Normanton still better. In the end, people will still forgive Kingsford and buy Normanton which should be RCR.

One of the Propnex chiefs sold off his Normanton park 1 year before enbloc and miss oUT on additional 1 mil profit.

Ohw123

Reaction score
Normanton still better. In the end, people will still forgive Kingsford and buy Normanton which should be RCR.

One of the Propnex chiefs sold off his Normanton park 1 year before enbloc and miss oUT on additional 1 mil profit.

Ommmmggg how saddenin for him

Imagine the regret

1 mil is like Toto 1st price

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, Whistler Grand, parc clem, clavon, normanton , one north are all in district 5.

Just that Normanton and one north is in RCR.
Whistler grand , clavon , parc clem is in OCR.

Ohw123

Reaction score
Yup, Whistler Grand, parc clem, clavon, normanton , one north are all in district 5.

Just that Normanton and one north is in RCR.
Whistler grand , clavon , parc clem is in OCR.

I’m starting to feel that my likes are becoming more mass market:o

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
March-May 0 sold

Remember, this is a game of the last man holding the hot potato.

If the market can accept 1,300 and developer sells you 1,200 (break even at 1050), it means the developer is happy with making some money and allowing buyers (for their efforts, absd, legal fees, etc) to make some money and so we share.

However, sometimes greed knows no limit. This is after all profit for business.

For example, for TV, the land was bought much lower than next-door WG, but the China developer sold at much higher psf, about 1,450 to 1,480 psf, estimated 35 to 50% margin, leaving the hot potatoes in the hands of 87% of buyers.

Early Buyers of CDL (reputable) WG, bought at about 1,380 to 1,420 psf, lower than those of TV, even though CDL margins were estimated to be 6 to 10%.

Margins based on article below:

https://stackedhomes.com/editorial/new-launch-cheat-sheet-2020-land-price/#gs.

At the end of the day, willing buyer, willing seller, there is no pity for buyers of overpriced property as they paid the high prices willingly and the potatoes are now in their hands...

Also, Developers will just laugh all the way to the banks if they announce record profits... too bad if buyers think they have become carrot heads..

##

Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your inputs!

Im seriously considering this project since in the med term its for self stay so the amenities around is definitely more attractive then the likes of florence etc.. and its also a really comfortable price for a 3br PC..

With your money, buy as you please. (Remember, not my advice ah)

There are about 1,100 units available.

Once you move in, you find another 2200 households in your friendly Neighbourhood...

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Listen to video by Stephen. He predicted oversupply in some district...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jDbjZCOTQDc

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Remember, this is a game of the last man holding the hot potato.

If the market can accept 1,300 and developer sells you 1,200 (break even at 1050), it means the developer is happy with making some money and allowing buyers (for their efforts, absd, legal fees, etc) to make some money and so we share.

However, sometimes greed knows no limit. This is after all profit for business.

One example is China developer for TV, the land was bought much lower than next-door WG, but the developer sold at much higher psf, about 1,450 to 1,480 psf, estimated 35 to 50% margin, leaving the hot potatoes in the hands of 87% of buyers.

Early Buyers of CDL (reputable) WG, bought at about 1,380 to 1,420 psf, lower than those of TV, even though CDL margins were estimated to be 6 to 10%.

Margins based on article below:

https://stackedhomes.com/editorial/new-launch-cheat-sheet-2020-land-price/#gs.

At the end of the day, willing buyer, willing seller, there is no pity for buyers of overpriced property as they paid the high prices willingly and the potatoes are now in their hands...

Also, Developers will just laugh all the way to the banks if they announce record profits... too bad if buyers think they have become carrot heads..

##

Bro, I summarize your whole example in one word. “Timing”

Try asking TV to sell at 15xxpsf if it’s launch after the July 2018 CM and see if they can get 87% sales.

If WG manage to launch before July 2018 CM, do u think they will price their unit at 13xxpsf?

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, I summarize your whole example in one word. “Timing”

Try asking TV to sell at 15xxpsf if it’s launch after the July 2018 CM and see if they can get 87% sales.

If WG manage to launch before July 2018 CM, do u think they will price their unit at 13xxpsf?

###

We hear very often. No need to time your purchase.

ANY TIME is a GOOD time to buy property..��

####

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.