Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Reaction score
Yesterday at 0815 i received a bank transfer into my account for $200, and then i used the money as i jus assumed that it was my weekly pay that i got but a few hours later i recevied a whatsapp message saying this
FIRST PAYMENT DON'T LATE .!
*LOAN AMOUNT : 300
*CLEAR AMOUNT : 450
*DEFERMENT : 150
*DATE DUE : 30/05
*PAYMENT EVERY : 5days
*PAYMENT BEFORE : 6PM
FIRST PAYMENT CAN'T NOT CLEAR.!
INFORM ONE DAY FOR CLEAR.!
IF ANY OTHER NUMBER COLLECT MY PAYMENT FROM YOU
PLEASE IGNORE : DARREN 185

And now i am being required to pay him back 600 to fully clear him off or 150 to defer it to next week, i dont know what to do here im so lost and confused

Are you saying they randomly put money into your account without you knowing? And without you contacting anybody at all?

Whatever it is, do not pay! Any harassment, file police report and call 999.

Reaction score
Yes thank you. Staying vigilant. My fight just started. The harassment is for a day. But I know more will come after ** is over.

Sorry to hear your case, you will see many similar cases here. Do this:

1. Do not pay!

2. File police report is your ever get harassed, this ensures runners are promptly nabbed.

3. Do not give in to their threats, it is all empty and they will never touch you physically, only threats and fear tactics.

Be not afraid, get on with your life and deal with harassment when and if it happens.

Reaction score
Yesterday at 0815 i received a bank transfer into my account for $200, and then i used the money as i jus assumed that it was my weekly pay that i got but a few hours later i recevied a whatsapp message saying this
FIRST PAYMENT DON'T LATE .!
*LOAN AMOUNT : 300
*CLEAR AMOUNT : 450
*DEFERMENT : 150
*DATE DUE : 30/05
*PAYMENT EVERY : 5days
*PAYMENT BEFORE : 6PM
FIRST PAYMENT CAN'T NOT CLEAR.!
INFORM ONE DAY FOR CLEAR.!
IF ANY OTHER NUMBER COLLECT MY PAYMENT FROM YOU
PLEASE IGNORE : DARREN 185

And now i am being required to pay him back 600 to fully clear him off or 150 to defer it to next week, i dont know what to do here im so lost and confused

Whatever it is, they are loan scam. DO NOT PAY! I repeat again.. DO NOT PAY.
Report to Police immediately. Block all their numbers and ghost them.

AlphaVi

Reaction score
Are you saying they randomly put money into your account without you knowing? And without you contacting anybody at all?

Whatever it is, do not pay! Any harassment, file police report and call 999.

I had initially went to enquire about a loan from what i thought was a Lml and they askef for my details to check for bad credit(thats what they said) after getting the details i rejectef his offer clearly but then yesterday he put $200 into my account i spent hrs wondering whose it was then i assumed it was my weekly pay and now im stuck in this mess

AlphaVi

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your case, you will see many similar cases here. Do this:

1. Do not pay!

2. File police report is your ever get harassed, this ensures runners are promptly nabbed.

3. Do not give in to their threats, it is all empty and they will never touch you physically, only threats and fear tactics.

Be not afraid, get on with your life and deal with harassment when and if it happens.

Will i be arrested if i myself report this to the police

Reaction score

Nope. Rest assure. You are a victim not a criminal. We all gone through this before and we all had reported to police. Its a loan scam. So please report to police immediately. Do not reply their sms/watsapp. Block all their numbers and stay uncontactable. Do not answer any unknown call. Change your phone number if possible.

happydonkey

Reaction score
Please report. Won’t get into trouble. I enquired and sincerely wanted to borrow. But after receiving $500 I find it fishy as I was told to return them back $800. That’s when I found the anti-scam page. In less than 24 hrs of receiving the amt I went to report to police.

Weird enough my IO says I can return the $500 or dont. But if I do need to do it via ATM so I won’t be implicated further. He did say some didn’t return the amt at all so more harassments. So if I don’t want the money I can do it that way. But he also did mention be it I return or not they will still harass me.

Within the next few hours I told them I will changed my number. Give me account to pay them the amt. end up I paid $500 and cut my line immediately. Bank account also closed. Cctv installed. The moment my line I ghosted them my NOK got contacted to say I owe more money not just $500. NOK also ghosted them. Of course I came clean after making the police report. Also comes clean to my office.

Now pending them to come my house harass me. I slp pretty well last night already. The fear was on the first day when they intimidated me. Sent me videos and photos of houses being burnt and splashed with paint.

Then hurling all vulgarities etc. I’m glad my family supported and forgive me. I’m staying vigilant. They haven’t been calling my nok. Only that same day. I duno when they will strike again but we have started to live life normally now. Open the door huge and big.

The only thing I haven’t done is to inform neighbours. But I’m a Scam victim. I didn’t owe them any money. Yes the initial intent was to borrow thinking it’s legal. But once I know it’s not I acted immediately.

I might be consoling myself but I feel they won’t do anything more because I refused to give in besides returning “their” money. They have no losses except a victim who refused to budged.

hopingandhoping

Reaction score
Please report. Won’t get into trouble. I enquired and sincerely wanted to borrow. But after receiving $500 I find it fishy as I was told to return them back $800. That’s when I found the anti-scam page. In less than 24 hrs of receiving the amt I went to report to police.

Weird enough my IO says I can return the $500 or dont. But if I do need to do it via ATM so I won’t be implicated further. He did say some didn’t return the amt at all so more harassments. So if I don’t want the money I can do it that way. But he also did mention be it I return or not they will still harass me.

Within the next few hours I told them I will changed my number. Give me account to pay them the amt. end up I paid $500 and cut my line immediately. Bank account also closed. Cctv installed. The moment my line I ghosted them my NOK got contacted to say I owe more money not just $500. NOK also ghosted them. Of course I came clean after making the police report. Also comes clean to my office.

Now pending them to come my house harass me. I slp pretty well last night already. The fear was on the first day when they intimidated me. Sent me videos and photos of houses being burnt and splashed with paint.

Then hurling all vulgarities etc. I’m glad my family supported and forgive me. I’m staying vigilant. They haven’t been calling my nok. Only that same day. I duno when they will strike again but we have started to live life normally now. Open the door huge and big.

The only thing I haven’t done is to inform neighbours. But I’m a Scam victim. I didn’t owe them any money. Yes the initial intent was to borrow thinking it’s legal. But once I know it’s not I acted immediately.

I might be consoling myself but I feel they won’t do anything more because I refused to give in besides returning “their” money. They have no losses except a victim who refused to budged.

You enquired upon receiving a sms advertisement or website? I just faced the same issue with you two days ago. Fingers itchy clicked on Website ( looks real )... ur nok was contacted by call or whatsapp?

happydonkey

Reaction score
You enquired upon receiving a sms advertisement or website? I just faced the same issue with you two days ago. Fingers itchy clicked on Website ( looks real )... ur nok was contacted by call or whatsapp?
Via WhatsApp. Enquired with another friend but I enquired first so I got the hit. He was lucky he didn’t. And they asked where I got their number as I’m not in their database.

They called nok via WhatsApp. Rem to close ur bank account before anything further happens. Just takes 1min to do it online if it’s Dbs/posb.

Rem +65 prefix if appears means it’s not a local number calling. Just ignore.

I’m hoping that I don’t deserve them to spend more effort on me. Like printing my face and send to neighbours. Cox I ghosted them really early.

hopingandhoping

Reaction score
Via WhatsApp. Enquired with another friend but I enquired first so I got the hit. He was lucky he didn’t. And they asked where I got their number as I’m not in their database.

They called nok via WhatsApp. Rem to close ur bank account before anything further happens. Just takes 1min to do it online if it’s Dbs/posb.

Rem +65 prefix if appears means it’s not a local number calling. Just ignore.

I’m hoping that I don’t deserve them to spend more effort on me. Like printing my face and send to neighbours. Cox I ghosted them really early.

Yes +65 has been calling.. does it mean that they are based overseas and not actually in sg?

Are these actually LS or loan scammers....??!?

Thanks for your pointers, will do so accordingly today. They shouldn’t be spending any time on u anymore coz u never owe any money actually.

AlphaVi

Reaction score
I enquired via website then nok was contacted via Call

hopingandhoping

Reaction score
Nope. Rest assure. You are a victim not a criminal. We all gone through this before and we all had reported to police. Its a loan scam. So please report to police immediately. Do not reply their sms/watsapp. Block all their numbers and stay uncontactable. Do not answer any unknown call. Change your phone number if possible.

Normally how Long does it take from the time you ghost them to the time They come house and harrass?

happydonkey

Reaction score
Yes +65 has been calling.. does it mean that they are based overseas and not actually in sg?

Are these actually LS or loan scammers....??!?

Thanks for your pointers, will do so accordingly today. They shouldn’t be spending any time on u anymore coz u never owe any money actually.
I read a lot of posts here. One forumer scam them back to get their IP address. They are in msia.

They are loan scammers but behave like loan sharks. I’m still wary and vigilant but no longer as scared.

Reaction score
Normally how Long does it take from the time you ghost them to the time They come house and harrass?

No exact answer here. It all depends on the funds they have in hands. (Runners need to be paid to do jobs).
For some cases, it take days after u ghost. Last time they usually will sent mass sms to your nok first. Then “love letter” to your neighbours. Then sent runners lock your house. Then splash paint.. then last will set fire( which is very rare nowsaday).
But now all hdb had cctv Everywhere. So all this jobs have been minimised. Penalty for working for LS as runner is jail and rotan.

AlphaVi

Reaction score
No exact answer here. It all depends on the funds they have in hands. (Runners need to be paid to do jobs).
For some cases, it take days after u ghost. Last time they usually will sent mass sms to your nok first. Then “love letter” to your neighbours. Then sent runners lock your house. Then splash paint.. then last will set fire( which is very rare nowsaday).
But now all hdb had cctv Everywhere. So all this jobs have been minimised. Penalty for working for LS as runner is jail and rotan.

I done what needs to be done, but im still out here afraid, im only 20 years old i didnt mean for any of this to happen i swear i keep looking out the peep hole on my door i get panic attacks whenever i hear the lift door open, i really didnt mean for any of this to happen i was jus curious and i went to enquire i didnt mean for it to spiral out of control this far

AlphaVi

Reaction score

By right he gave me till the 30th to pay back but now he says he wants 150 today and sent me the bank account in which im suppose to transfer into he said if i dont transfer by 6pm will be in trouble

hopingandhoping

Reaction score
By right he gave me till the 30th to pay back but now he says he wants 150 today and sent me the bank account in which im suppose to transfer into he said if i dont transfer by 6pm will be in trouble

In total how much u suppose to pay back since he credit 200$ into ur bank?
Anw, pls heed everyone advice here and won’t go wrong. Report police now, close ur bank account, block all of them on WhatsApp.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.