SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Calander

Reaction score
My window close in 2 week of July and I haven't attended a single session of Ipt. How sia... Will be waived off?

just think of it that you are not the only one... and to be safe, contact your NS department.

btw it is your responsibility to actually start as early as possible to clear your window.. why wait till the last minute and bring all excuses into the picture? Luckily now everyone has a more valid excuse which is the **.

saycheese

Banned
Reaction score
just think of it that you are not the only one... and to be safe, contact your NS department.

btw it is your responsibility to actually start as early as possible to clear your window.. why wait till the last minute and bring all excuses into the picture? Luckily now everyone has a more valid excuse which is the **.

my responsibility is to complete it within the given window. Not to start as early as possible. That is a privilege. Don't talk down like you're an officer. We are on an open forum, not within SAF.

It's funny that you are saying Circuit Breaker is an excuse for NSman to abuse when it is a legitimate reason that had affected countless sinkies' livelihood and also brought upon negative impact to NSmen's lives.

Please note that while various countries had stopped all mass gathering, Singapore Govt was still adopting a wait-and-see approach. I was supposed to be mobilized in early March, only for it to be cancelled on the very day itself. This is despite various countries including South Korea, had cancelled all military training so as to prevent the spread of COVID-19. I opted not to attend training sessions since then because COVID-19 is extremely infectious and unknown. This is so as to not endanger my family's life and colleagues at my workplace. Just in case, you're not aware given how socially obtuse you are in your response, this is being civic-conscious and doing my small part in not spreading it further.

What happened if we NSMen were to be infected during training sessions? Can't believe that you are simply shaking it off a serious issue which is COVID-19 to be just a convenient excuse for NSMen.

TLDR: It's not NSMan responsibility to complete their window ASAP, neither are both COVID-19 and Circuit Breaker "Excuses" for those Sinkies who are unable to complete within the given window.

Calander

Reaction score
my responsibility is to complete it within the given window. Not to start as early as possible. That is a privilege. Don't talk down like you're an officer. We are on an open forum, not within SAF.

It's funny that you are saying Circuit Breaker is an excuse for NSman to abuse when it is a legitimate reason that had affected countless sinkies' livelihood and also brought upon negative impact to NSmen's lives.

Please note that while various countries had stopped all mass gathering, Singapore Govt was still adopting a wait-and-see approach. I was supposed to be mobilized in early March, only for it to be cancelled on the very day itself. This is despite various countries including South Korea, had cancelled all military training so as to prevent the spread of COVID-19. I opted not to attend training sessions since then because COVID-19 is extremely infectious and unknown. This is so as to not endanger my family's life and colleagues at my workplace. Just in case, you're not aware given how socially obtuse you are in your response, this is being civic-conscious and doing my small part in not spreading it further.

What happened if we NSMen were to be infected during training sessions? Can't believe that you are simply shaking it off a serious issue which is COVID-19 to be just a convenient excuse for NSMen.

TLDR: It's not NSMan responsibility to complete their window ASAP, neither are both COVID-19 and Circuit Breaker "Excuses" for those Sinkies who are unable to complete within the given window.

yes you are right. But by leaving it to the later stage and risking yourself from possible charges and getting the inconvenience that arises from the administration, or to clear early without having the worry to contact who and so on. This is your choice to choose.

For your case, the only option for you is to contact NS portal or PNSD to clarify and seek extension. But for this covid incident, the govt may release an official statement on this extention.

ragegoh

Reaction score
This I can relate. I was studying part time and holding a full time job. Took an engineering degree which involves lab sessions in weekdays. 4 lessons a week not including the assignments and projects. The only time I can rest properly is 2 days. I usually clear the sessions during semesters break. And sometimes, work simply doesn’t allow me to leave early. I have to reach FCC by 6:45pm latest maybe 7pm? If I’m
lucky they will let me in pro.

However this year is different. I can clear the window in one month. I started in Feb with a 3 months buffer but sessions were either full or cancelled. To be honest I’m worried about the covid evolving situation at that time. But I still have to do my best to clear as many sessions as possible. The situation is as such the Trainers actually called us one by one to notify us of the cancellation. Then all my sessions got cancelled by NS portal. I rebooked. Then ** came. Then Mindef waived my window. My new window has just started. And as days pass by, my window is getting shorter. So yes, it is our responsibility to clear the window WITHIN the one year period.

Just like years ago, we have to clear 10sessions IPT and then 3 months for 8 RT. Our own responsibility is to clear the required sessions within the stipulated time frame.

xavier.lim

Reaction score
My window close in 2 week of July and I haven't attended a single session of Ipt. How sia... Will be waived off?

My situation is same as you, window close in 3rd week of July, I wrote in to Mindef and just received a letter that it will be waived off for current window.

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually for this kind of situation it can be negotiate one. you can contact MINDEF hotline or your unit S8 for help.

A few years ago I also kenna charge letter for not attending IPPT/IPT due to some circumstances but with the help of my unit's DYS8 they gave me a chance and for the current situation it is even easier to get waiver for this cycle IMO as it is no one's fault to have this kind of situation happened. So don't need to worry so much as I don't think MINDEF is that ireasonable to punish people for things that they didn't do wrong.

Last edited:

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
Actually for this kind of situation it can be negotiate one. you can contact MINDEF hotline or your unit S8 for help.

A few years ago I also kenna charge letter for not attending IPPT/IPT due to some circumstances but with the help of my unit's DYS8 they gave me a chance and for the current situation it is even easier to get waiver for this cycle IMO as it is no one's fault to have this kind of situation happened. So don't need to worry so much as I don't think MINDEF is that ireasonable to punish people for things that they didn't do wrong.

in current situation, yes its easier.

SMLeir

Reaction score
Received a letter from NSAD today dated 20 May 2020 informing me that I am granted a one-time waiver for my annual IPPT requirement for my current window. By right, my window closes at late July 2020. Hope this information clears things up for some people.

black_and_white

Reaction score
Received a letter from NSAD today dated 20 May 2020 informing me that I am granted a one-time waiver for my annual IPPT requirement for my current window. By right, my window closes at late July 2020. Hope this information clears things up for some people.

Same I received my letter today. Window closes early july for me.

deathblade82

Reaction score

Did you write in to them to ask for waiver ? Mine also closes end July, till now no letter from them yet.

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you write in to them to ask for waiver ? Mine also closes end July, till now no letter from them yet.

Call NS hotline. The letter may have gone missing thanks to Singpost. If IPPT window close late July, you should have received the waiver letter by now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.