AMA : I am a Gogovan driver

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Can do Lala, Gogo and uParcel.

Need to do a stack one day and combine with a Hitch when carpooling is allowed...

Coordination will be crazy though!
Better to take advance jobs a day before than driving are waiting for jobs rite?

TeksiLao

Reaction score
Better to take advance jobs a day before than driving are waiting for jobs rite?

Advance is good, especially if you got time flexibility.

I usually take the Lala car advance trips near my place (0-6km, $12.60-$14.28), those that can get out, do and get home
in 45 min.

Already locked in 7 of those for this Father’s Day weekend, all spaced out nicely.

seongboo1010

Reaction score
Lost Wallet during Order Pickup at Udders Ice Cream (Kovan)

Hi Drivers,

I'm lost my black pouch with my black wallet inside during Order Pickup at Udders Ice Cream (Kovan) this afternoon around 1325hr ~ 1335hr today. If you have picked it up, you can take the cash. If you like the wallet and pouch, you can have it too but please return the rest of the items to me. Thank you very much.

Regards, Loh

suangern

Reaction score
Did you check with the restoran? Should have CCTV right? Have you made a polis report?

Hi Drivers,

I'm lost my black pouch with my black wallet inside during Order Pickup at Udders Ice Cream (Kovan) this afternoon around 1325hr ~ 1335hr today. If you have picked it up, you can take the cash. If you like the wallet and pouch, you can have it too but please return the rest of the items to me. Thank you very much.

Regards, Loh

seongboo1010

Reaction score
Did you check with the restoran? Should have CCTV right? Have you made a polis report?

There is CCTV but the staff have no access. Have reported police... I just need my IC n Driving license back... Anyone who had picked it up... pls return to me. Thank you...

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Drivers,

Regards, Loh
sorry to hear that

Sent from Samsung SM-G980F using GAGT

TeksiLao

Reaction score
I just signed up to be Gogovan driver.

Booking page all empty. Is it normal?

Have you uploaded the necessary documents/photos?

Have they sent you the training materials and a link to the quiz?

Have you passed the quiz?

Have you topped up your Gogo account with credits?

If you did answer "no" to any of the questions, then the booking page will be empty.

Freakerzz

Reaction score
Hows life after phase 2?
Weekends car orders are easy to pick now vs during ** period.

During father day period fri-sun due to the weather theres a surge and some bike orders change to car if u notice especially oodle orders.

With reopening of my industry ,doing lala during weekenda only to supplement income .

TeksiLao

Reaction score
Hows life after phase 2?
Weekends car orders are easy to pick now vs during ** period.

During father day period fri-sun due to the weather theres a surge and some bike orders change to car if u notice especially oodle orders.

With reopening of my industry ,doing lala during weekenda only to supplement income .

Had a promo to chiong 5 Lala trips between 4-8pm on Father’s Day Sunday for $15.

Managed to get it.

Weekdays though, WFH, seeing more business deliveries, less food deliveries. Got lucky on a $24 Gogo run going 4.5km. Some days can play Gogo + Lala.

But not gonna play dinner orders because traffic.

Daytime 10-5pm only if I want to go out, and weekends also can play.

But dinner and peak hour traffic... no. Not gonna bother.

But now also more orders going untouched because the PHV drivers who did deliveries during ** are now going back to do pax trips, so less supply of drivers available too. I think that’s why Father’s Day kena hit.

lemonchan

Reaction score
Lalamove, pickupp, uparcel, gogovan, for the same type and size of goods delivered over the same distance, which one actually would the deliverer earn more?

TeksiLao

Reaction score
Lalamove, pickupp, uparcel, gogovan, for the same type and size of goods delivered over the same distance, which one actually would the deliverer earn more?

Depends. uParcel is flat rate. Can be $7 cross island or $7 for 2km. Their 1h rush deliveries can go up to $22. But not worth - their “same day” delivery for frozen deliveries is essentially a wanting you to go ASAP. Means you can’t really hang around and take extra requests going same direction. So I don’t even bother taking any uP requests. Their food orders are 3h “rush”, which, ermmm... Food not out in 1h = restaurant suicide.

Gogo has funny pricing. Somehow it can price out a Kaki Bukit-Bartley car trip the same as a Hougang-Woodlands car trip ($21), while a Hougang-Punggol car trip ($18) is longer distance than Kaki Bukit-Bartley 🤷🏽*♂️

They do add on extra $ for express (1h) delivery, and the requester can add on extra “tips” to entice couriers to pick up the requests. Lots of nonsense cross-island bike trips for $15 though.

Express or tip extras are not subject to Gogo’s 20% commission.

Lala’s pricing is the most straightforward: $15/pickup and $0.40/km for car, $10/pickup and $0.30/km for bike. Requester can add extra $ as “priority fee”, and CBD surcharges of $3 (bike) or $5 (car) are auto added to drops within the ERP areas during ERP times (which includes this period of gahmen-mandated no ERP). All these will get hit with the Lala 16% commission.

Sometimes Gogo car pricing trumps Lala car pricing, but Lala usually wins. If you can snag the requests, though. They go too damn fast.

hangry

Reaction score
Depends. uParcel is flat rate. Can be $7 cross island or $7 for 2km. Their 1h rush deliveries can go up to $22. But not worth - their “same day” delivery for frozen deliveries is essentially a wanting you to go ASAP. Means you can’t really hang around and take extra requests going same direction. So I don’t even bother taking any uP requests. Their food orders are 3h “rush”, which, ermmm... Food not out in 1h = restaurant suicide.

Gogo has funny pricing. Somehow it can price out a Kaki Bukit-Bartley car trip the same as a Hougang-Woodlands car trip ($21), while a Hougang-Punggol car trip ($18) is longer distance than Kaki Bukit-Bartley 🤷🏽*♂️

They do add on extra $ for express (1h) delivery, and the requester can add on extra “tips” to entice couriers to pick up the requests. Lots of nonsense cross-island bike trips for $15 though.

Express or tip extras are not subject to Gogo’s 20% commission.

Lala’s pricing is the most straightforward: $15/pickup and $0.40/km for car, $10/pickup and $0.30/km for bike. Requester can add extra $ as “priority fee”, and CBD surcharges of $3 (bike) or $5 (car) are auto added to drops within the ERP areas during ERP times (which includes this period of gahmen-mandated no ERP). All these will get hit with the Lala 16% commission.

Sometimes Gogo car pricing trumps Lala car pricing, but Lala usually wins. If you can snag the requests, though. They go too damn fast.

Grabhitch rate is lower then lalamove bike rate. Am i correct?

TeksiLao

Reaction score
Grabhitch rate is lower then lalamove bike rate. Am i correct?

For short distance, much lower. A Hitch $5 fare ($4.50 after commission) is usually 5 km or less, and a 5 km Lala bike trip would be $11-12 ($9.24-$10.08).

Yesterday took a $23 ($19.32) car trip from NEX area to Choa Chu Kang initially - requester said he was going to get into the car with the items to move to CCK. Ironically, JustGrab would have cost only $19 ($15.20 after 20% commission) without surge, Hitch $14 ($12.60). So Lala car trips are actually more expensive than JustGrab.

Then going home after meeting a friend for dinner, took a Lala bike trip from Bukit Batok for $16 ($13.44) headed home. Hitch would have cost $13 ($11.70) for that same point to point trip, while JustGrab... $17 ($13.60) no surge.

Though courier deliveries are considered for profit and are therefore income taxable like any PHV/taxi services, unlike Hitch/RydePool that isn't subjected to income tax. But as long as one isn't registered to do PH car/PDVL/whatever, my understanding is that only the courier services get taxed. Hitch doesn't (whereas a PHV doing Hitch will get taxed on Hitch income).

The good part about the Lalas and Gogos is that they can stack if you know how to.

Tomorrow I have a nice $19 (10 km) Lala car trip locked in - already arranged with requester time to arrive at dropoff location.

Now looking for a Hitch to stack on an additional $8-9.

And maybe a Gogo even, if I'm that lucky :s13:

Thankfully ** has turned more people into delivery service requesters, and the supply of delivery service providers has gone down as more PHV drivers go back to driving JustGrab/RydeX/GoJek.

Last edited:

hangry

Reaction score
For short distance, much lower. A Hitch $5 fare ($4.50 after commission) is usually 5 km or less, and a 5 km Lala bike trip would be $11-12 ($9.24-$10.08).

Yesterday took a $23 ($19.32) car trip from NEX area to Choa Chu Kang initially - requester said he was going to get into the car with the items to move to CCK. Ironically, JustGrab would have cost only $19 ($15.20 after 20% commission) without surge, Hitch $14 ($12.60). So Lala car trips are actually more expensive than JustGrab.

Then going home after meeting a friend for dinner, took a Lala bike trip from Bukit Batok for $16 ($13.44) headed home. Hitch would have cost $13 ($11.70) for that same point to point trip, while JustGrab... $17 ($13.60) no surge.

Though courier deliveries are considered for profit and are therefore income taxable like any PHV/taxi services, unlike Hitch/RydePool that isn't subjected to income tax. But as long as one isn't registered to do PH car/PDVL/whatever, my understanding is that only the courier services get taxed. Hitch doesn't (whereas a PHV doing Hitch will get taxed on Hitch income).

The good part about the Lalas and Gogos is that they can stack if you know how to.

Tomorrow I have a nice $19 (10 km) Lala car trip locked in - already arranged with requester time to arrive at dropoff location.

Now looking for a Hitch to stack on an additional $8-9.

And maybe a Gogo even, if I'm that lucky :s13:

Thankfully ** has turned more people into delivery service requesters, and the supply of delivery service providers has gone down as more PHV drivers go back to driving JustGrab/RydeX/GoJek.

Thanks for very detailed analysis, bro.

have you tried iexpress logistics? They let you claim 100% of fare but need to pay $69.90 subscriptions per month. Dunno how many jobs is available per day to cover this subscription

TeksiLao

Reaction score
Thanks for very detailed analysis, bro.

have you tried iexpress logistics? They let you claim 100% of fare but need to pay $69.90 subscriptions per month. Dunno how many jobs is available per day to cover this subscription

I dunno sia.

For me now mainly working from home so I don’t mind going out to do a lunch/dinner car Lala, or any random short car Gogos. Because of the rates. Beats Hitch any day.

Yesterday was funny. This dinner order on Lala bike, short trip $10, nobody taking... then they got desperate, bumped it to car at $16, I snatch right away and zao 😂

Freakerzz

Reaction score
I dunno sia.

For me now mainly working from home so I don’t mind going out to do a lunch/dinner car Lala, or any random short car Gogos. Because of the rates. Beats Hitch any day.

Yesterday was funny. This dinner order on Lala bike, short trip $10, nobody taking... then they got desperate, bumped it to car at $16, I snatch right away and zao 😂

It will happen.
Been out of service for 2 weeks due to sprain ankle.
Once a while open the app for fun and see..from my office in kaki bukit i can see car order hanging ard town area for 6-7pm order..a rare sight..

TeksiLao

Reaction score
It will happen.
Been out of service for 2 weeks due to sprain ankle.
Once a while open the app for fun and see..from my office in kaki bukit i can see car order hanging ard town area for 6-7pm order..a rare sight..

I played town dinner on Saturday. Free parking at 111 Somerset, so just sat and waited for any lucrative car orders from 313 or Orchard Central. This area is considered "Killiney", which is outside of the "CBD Zone". "Orchard" and "Cairnhill" attract the CBD surcharges, all the more better when ERP still off.

But that being said... nah. Forget it. Not worth playing.

Prices got bumped up, but then hungry drivers start snatching them instead of letting the price go up higher...

Rest your ankle well eh!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.