NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

zelxx_

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words. Quite frankly i am trying to see the positive side - perhaps it wasnt the interview performance - i made the panel laugh even as we had the conversation. I think it has got to do with the limited vacancies. I shall move on.

Anyways if u didnt get the email, its good news. No news is always good news.
thank you :) waiting very anxiously now

poodleparade

Reaction score
Those who are still trying, please don’t give up! I tried 4 times before I ever got this far (possible letter of offer) and I have heard from my friends who are currently teachers that they too had to try multiple times before getting accepted.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got an email today stating that I'm shortlisted for interview. They told me to fill up a form on careers@gov abt my personal details

rnrasy

Reaction score
is the intake to be 13th july? cause from what i know MOE usually gives minimum 1 month notice!

thank u!

I’m having a little problem with this as my notice period is 1 month. Emailed them to confirm if the date is fixed. Waiting for their update now.

jojo13579

Reaction score
Hi jojo13579,

How was your interview? Able to share your experiences? :)

I am from the same window, going for an interview too!

Thank you! :)

Hello!

I hope I'm not too late in replying you. My interview was fine I guess.

Do get there early as there is a long walk from the security post to the interview centre. The people there were nice. You will be given a face shield to be used during the interview. After submitting your documents, you will sit for the 20 minutes essay writing and then wait for your turn to get into the interview room.

I had 3 people as my interviewers. The class presentation part was not as difficult as my "class" was not disruptive.

Questions I was asked were:
- Why do I want to teach?
- What is one thing you would like to do differently from your teachers?
- Since it is not your preferred choice, how are you going to take up the role if you're successful?

All the best for your interview!:)

jojo13579

Reaction score
Hi jojo,

How was your interview today? Do you mind sharing with us what qns was asked?

With regards,
Jeffrey

Hello!

My interview was alright!

Questions asked were
- Why do I want to teach?
- What is one thing I would do differently from my teachers?
- If this is not your preferred subject, what are you going to do to take up the challenge?

I saw that you got your interview slot! All the best for it! Do get there early as it is a long walk to the interview centre!

hameedmr

Reaction score
My friend went for the interview and he said that during the lesson demo the panel said "ok you can stop now and sit down for the interview." Is the panel satisfied with the lesson or they feel that he's really bad that they stopped him?

Steorra

Reaction score
Wishing you all the best of luck for the PPT & everything after! Perhaps would have seen you all if I had decided to take it too :s13:

Ryan, I read several of your post on the forums previously. Your determination & perseverance is commendable! Hopefully I’d be able to do the same.

Cheers guys!

Yup! I will be going , you ?
yup i decided to give it a try again. anyway what was your preferred subject?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.