HTC 5G Flagship Phone 2020

Reaction score
As someone using HTC's last phone allowed to be sold in SG via telco, the U11 Plus, I can somewhat say that three things U20 5G can be attractive to me:

- NOT OLED Display (it's a huge visual pain for persons with serious Astigmatism), what's the use of vibrant colours when it taxes your eyes worse than GST taxes your wallet?
- 6.8-inch screen, rare to have such a size. Even flagships tend to go no more than 6.6 inches. And those used to BIG phones always DO NOT even think of putting in pockets (they usually have a dedicated carry case for devices of such a size, like I had for Asus Zenpad 8.0 TABLET phone).
- Though this time HTC decides to use a "Semi Premium" (coined by its own maker Qualcomm no less!) SD765G instead of a flagship SD865 SoC, it still can be a equal match to the SD845 or SD835 chipset for those upgrading from these two (U11+ is powered by SD835 btw), but thing is, even Google's Pixel 5th Gen have also planning to "downgrade" their processor one rung to pursue higher processor efficiency than raw power nowadays. "Premium" features like Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 are fortunately built into in the "Semi Premium" classes as well.

And like it or not, the flagship 800 Series are going to be like the smartphone equivalents of Intel's K-type or AMD's X-type CPUs for computers, unlocked and overclocked, and in turn, extremely pricey in the near future and probably appear in either ultra-expensive foldable handsets (SGD$1,400+ w/o contract) OR gaming-grade phones (think ASUS ROG Phone or Xiaomi Blackshark kind of devices).

And lest I forgot to mention, the U20 5G is the first announced phone to sell in Taiwan, with 5G capabilities, priced <NT$20,000 each. Similar-specced 5G ready phones at that time would cost anywhere upwards of NT$30,000 each. Price for U20 5G is fixed at NT$18,990 (around SGD898), cheaper than U11+'s launch price of NT$21,990 (SG launch price: $998 w/o contract) when it was launched back in 2017.

Last edited:

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been using U11+ for a long time and the camera was disappointing for me. Its time for an upgrade! Hopefully a telco brings it in.

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Surprised to hear that U11+ the phone camera is so bad but I find the U12+ phone camera is very good.

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is HTC Singapore still "around"? Their facebook no post for months.

Sent from me using GAGT

TomCool

Reaction score
Seems very quiet here. I managed to get it from Shopee. Love it. Green colour is nice. Am I the first to own U20 ? &#55357;

Sent from HTC U20 5G using GAGT

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems very quiet here. I managed to get it from Shopee. Love it. Green colour is nice. Am I the first to own U20 ? *********

How much was it? Any idea how much it's retailing in TW?

Sent from me using GAGT

TomCool

Reaction score
TWD18990. No choice can't fly there so hv to get at premium.

TomCool

Reaction score
PktTuqDl.jpg

skQHwzWl.jpg

CHteUNcl.jpg

Love the colour &#55357;

Sent from HTC U Ultra using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.