LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion

myblackboots

Reaction score
carousell $2988 - comes with free delivery and wall mount and installation. tempting .. hahaha

******************BRAND NEW 3YRS ON-SITE WARRANTY
3 Years.Local (Singapore) manufacturer warranty.The warranty service is offered by the local manufacturer based in Singapore. Warranty can be claimed online or at any authorized service center within Singapore. Please refer to the warranty card and the invoice for guidelines on the claim process
******************Beware of others without Local warrant******************

******************FREE DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION
******************FREE WALL MOUNT WITH SWIVEL BRACKET!!
******************MAGIC REMOTE($149)

wah this is a damn good deal. below 3k!!

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha this tv is very new and so much discount Liao?
Think by end of the year can see below 2.5k.

For those who bought this, how is the picture quality?

freezy1977

Reaction score

For the price, you get the size, Dolby vision and Atmos, HDMI 2.1
Is a steal

Rich-Tans

Reaction score
We are unboxing same day 👏🏻👏🏻

Yes, but Parisilk has not responded even though it was indicated as shipped on 20 Jul at 15:09. Even if it was hand-carried and route-marched to my house, it would have arrived by now.
Will see. Pls do let us know your TV experience

Last edited:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the price, you get the size, Dolby vision and Atmos, HDMI 2.1
Is a steal

Yeah but I don’t think I will ever use hdmi 2.1... but for the size and features... looks good. Not sure how this compares to the LG 82um7600 as well.

smeagoly

Reaction score
Wow, super large TV prices have come a long way, I got the 75" LG in early 2018 for 3.5k and was already very pleased, now for same or less can get 82"!

My experience with LG is that the UI is super good, very easy to use and the magic remote is really convenient (nvr used Samsung one so can't comment). I'm using a Panasonic 55" in my MBR and the UI, trying to key in the name of videos I want to watch on youtube with the default tv remote is just a pain.

If LG ever does a trade-in promo for their >80" TVs i will surely consider upgrading. Once you go big, you can't go back

petetherock

Reaction score
Wow, super large TV prices have come a long way, I got the 75" LG in early 2018 for 3.5k and was already very pleased, now for same or less can get 82"!

My experience with LG is that the UI is super good, very easy to use and the magic remote is really convenient (nvr used Samsung one so can't comment). I'm using a Panasonic 55" in my MBR and the UI, trying to key in the name of videos I want to watch on youtube with the default tv remote is just a pain.

If LG ever does a trade-in promo for their >80" TVs i will surely consider upgrading. Once you go big, you can't go back
I paid >8k for my 75" Sony...

petetherock

Reaction score
Think so. Actually I’m aiming to get LG CX oled but still thinking of size vs picture quality.

Size matters, it's like a projector screen kind of size... and most PJ setups don't have that great a light control..

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Size matters, it's like a projector screen kind of size... and most PJ setups don't have that great a light control..

Yeah.... this one way more cost efficient and better image quality vs projector for sure...

freezy1977

Reaction score

PQ is good IMHO, I’m pleased of the fluidity and contrast and vibrancy.
Sound is definitely good now, as it allows pass through of Dolby Atmos to my soundbar.

I’m still getting used to the gigantic size 😅

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Think so. Actually I’m aiming to get LG CX oled but still thinking of size vs picture quality.

Do take into consideration your distance as well.
My sitting position is around 250cm from the TV.
With the 65" TV, watching Japanese anime and Korean variety/dramas are already on the edge of watchable due to the subtitle size and positioning not being easy for the eyes to look up and down with as compared to a smaller size TV. So something to consider when going for a bigger screen. I wanted to go bigger because I love the immersion but man... watching anime, and Korean shows like Running Man, I am glad I can modify the subtitle size for some shows depending on the website. (I watch my overseas shows on Viu or Netflix. So nothing illegal :s13:)

So take into consideration whether you have platforms that allow you to make it easier for you to watch and read subtitles without having you to move away from the video itself just to be able to read the subtitle from a huge screen. It's not fun at all and quite distracting since you'll miss the scenes as you are reading the subtitle from one end of the TV to the other if the subtitle is big or too small and low on the screen from the scene. It's some of the annoyances I experience ever since getting a bigger screen while still having that same distance.

petetherock

Reaction score
I move the subs off the screen when I watch my blu rays
2.5m?
75” will fit easily

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.