NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

anykindsoul

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone advice what happens to applicant who apply in their penultimate year? (not final year)

Hi! Same situation here!
Anyone is able to give some enlightenment like if we do not received email by MOE within the stated 5-6weeks timeframe, does it mean that most probably I'm eligible for the next round ie.EPT? :s22:

b4zabeat

Reaction score
Hi! Same situation here!
Anyone is able to give some enlightenment like if we do not received email by MOE within the stated 5-6weeks timeframe, does it mean that most probably I'm eligible for the next round ie.EPT? :s22:

EPT is not compulsory for everyone. They will look at your past English grades.

anykindsoul

Reaction score
EPT is not compulsory for everyone. They will look at your past English grades.

If that's the case, when will ept be informed? Will it be next year considering I'm a penultimate year student? Or will it be like the next few weeks after your interview considering the trends of the timeline posted by others? :s12:

b4zabeat

Reaction score
If that's the case, when will ept be informed? Will it be next year considering I'm a penultimate year student? Or will it be like the next few weeks after your interview considering the trends of the timeline posted by others? :s12:

Usually the people I know who got the EPT received it a few weeks after the interview. But doesn't mean you got the placing if asked to take EPT. My friend was rejected few months after the EPT notification.

Also, EPT is not compulsory for everyone. If your past English grades are good then probably won't be notified about it.

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score
TLDR: I think the 4-5 weeks is only applicable to the first next update, after that no fixed time for the final results, which MOE always stress in their email "Please note that this notification is not intended to create any legally binding obligations and that the matter is still subject to contract."

If this is the first time you are applying for govt jobs, they always have long processing time. MOE is probably the longest. Just like what your friends have said, for some sectors, your application might just be at processed for 6 months without telling you that you have failed. At least from what some had said previously, no news means you are still being considered and MOE will always tell you that you are rejected, when you are rejected.

And every application will be different. My status was only changed to shortlisted 2+ months after the interview (after they ask me to change my 2nd teaching subject), while I have another forumer who already got shortlisted for the same 1st subject.

Even before covid, you won't receive your application RESULTS by 4-5 weeks, but you might get a update like asking for EPT date (I think the 4-5 weeks is only application to the first next update). And if you don't have to take the EPT test, you have to wait for others that are taking, so judge the amount of time to you have to wait for the next update. In other words, treat it that they go through the different stages for all applications as a whole.

Last year after the end of my interview, like when I was packing my stuff, my interviewers asked me if I am still applying for other jobs (which I said no), after that I sort of understood that the waiting time will be longer than expected. If you are anxious to get a job and have other job offers, depends on your feel of your chances and your feel of becoming a teacher, you can consider applying for other jobs (although I didn't and waited for 8 mths). You can always quit your job if the offer does comes or delay your MOE offer (take note of resignation notice period).

If you decided to wait, don't need to stress yourself by refreshing the career@sg page everyday/hr xD, just check every few days, turn on your phone notification for your email account and enjoy your semi-holiday :)
Hi Nnameless, thanks for your insight! Its really helpful to all of us anxious people out there :)

For people in the May/June 2020 window, it seems like those who have went for the interview have gradually received an EPT email and an email asking for more details on previous hiring information. Is there a possibility that I have not yet received it bcoz i do not need to take EPT and information submitted is complete or is the likelihood that I will be rejected greater?

Also, anyone from the May/June 2020 batch who has already been shortlisted?

Based on my following of this track, it seems like they only sent out rejection emails and processing emails so far but no confirmation yet!

Thanks in advance to any help/input :)

For those who have been shortlisted, would appreciate if you could share your interview experiences :)

Last edited:

Renfred001

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm from May intake for DipEd (Pe Teacher) programme and I'm poly fresh grad. I just finished an interview yesterday and I'm very stressed as you can see.. I am male, waiting to enlist (haven't done ippt because I was graded PES D then finally PES B1 and the booking system for ippt is ****y).

When I filled up the registration papers before waiting for interview, I realised there were a lot of details in regards to NS that I will only serve in 1months time. Will this affect my result of passing my interview for DipEd.

Helps, cannot sleep, stress..

MobileAir

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm from May intake for DipEd (Pe Teacher) programme and I'm poly fresh grad. I just finished an interview yesterday and I'm very stressed as you can see.. I am male, waiting to enlist (haven't done ippt because I was graded PES D then finally PES B1 and the booking system for ippt is ****y).

When I filled up the registration papers before waiting for interview, I realised there were a lot of details in regards to NS that I will only serve in 1months time. Will this affect my result of passing my interview for DipEd.

Helps, cannot sleep, stress..

Well, actually if you think about it, do female applicants have anything to write about under the NS section? Anyway, I think maybe you apply a tad too early tbh, could have applied when you are about 6 months from ORD.

Nnameless

Reaction score
How long did your friend waited? And then he got a rejection after waiting for that long?

My friend applied one year early before graduation, shortlisted and went medical, MOE told him to just email them when he is confirmed to have finish his studies. After emailing them, MOE requested him to change his subject which he didn't and got rejected after.

curioustoknow

Reaction score
My friend applied one year early before graduation, shortlisted and went medical, MOE told him to just email them when he is confirmed to have finish his studies. After emailing them, MOE requested him to change his subject which he didn't and got rejected after.
Hello Nnameless, can I check if your friend who applied 1 year earlier got shortlisted how long after the interview? So in a sense MOE reserves a place for him right?

anykindsoul

Reaction score

Hi, I would like to know in a case where like I didn't pass interview, will they send a rejection email to me like 4-5 weeks so from there I'm able to applied again next year (Jan period)?
Or they will send next year considering I applied in penultimate year, hence it delaying my new application assuming they will send further notice nearing my graduation date (ie.~June2021)?
:s11:

Nnameless

Reaction score
Hello Nnameless, can I check if your friend who applied 1 year earlier got shortlisted how long after the interview? So in a sense MOE reserves a place for him right?

I didn't ask him for exact details, I think it should be following normal timing like the rest, like getting shortlisted in Sem 7. I can't provide you with more info.

I'm not sure if MOE has reserved placing in their practice, I'm not the HR and I don't speak for them. But I graduated last year, applied/interviewed in Aug/Sep, shortlisted in Dec, Medical in Jan, got the offer in May this year, which is like a Final year student timeline. MOE did wrote on their website that applicants are encouraged to apply early part of your final year of studies.

Hi, I would like to know in a case where like I didn't pass interview, will they send a rejection email to me like 4-5 weeks so from there I'm able to applied again next year (Jan period)?
Or they will send next year considering I applied in penultimate year, hence it delaying my new application assuming they will send further notice nearing my graduation date (ie.~June2021)?
:s11:

I'm not the HR so I cant answer you. Firstly, there is a 6 month cooldown period for govt jobs and even in some private sector, so you probably wont get any interview for the next application cycle if rejected in this one.

Not sure about penultimate year. I wouldn't recommend applying that early because you will be delaying your starting date for many times, and they might offer you another subject like what happened to my friend. He rejected changing his subject and was rejected by MOE.

Applying one year earlier (in your final year) is quite alright already, MOE wrote that they encourage applicants to apply in the early part of their final year. If you graduate in 2021, means Aug is the start of your final year right? You can refer to my timeline which is like applying in your final year. But I can only tell you that you would only receive your appointment offer closer to the appointment date, I think you can infer yourself and make your decisions on applying for other jobs.

Last edited:

Vanlovecats

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I received an email stating possible start date as 11th august and that there is an appointment briefing coming up. But there is no meeting code info in the email except for the date and time. Anyone has received the follow up offer package with more appointment briefing details? :)

Crimson 18

Reaction score
I‘ve PM-ed you!!!
Hi saw your PM but unable to reply there as I haven't reached 10 posts yet it seems.

I haven't receive any interview details for MK training programme.How about you?

..and for those who received the email for PGDE(may/June window)about date extended to 31st July.Did you receive any updates for interview?

Melodious wonderer

Reaction score
After an eleven month wait (!!), I have finally received my offer on Friday (24 Jul), to start on 11 Aug. Appointment briefing is on 27 Jul.

PGDE (PE). Mid career.

Here is my brief timeline:
Application - End Aug 2019
PE Teacher briefing - Mid Sept 2019
Physical Proficiency Test (PPT) - early Oct 2019
Interview - end Oct 2019
Status changed to shortlisted - end Nov 2019
Medical check up - end Jan 2020
Letter of Offer - end Jul 2020

It is a long an arduous wait. Glad that it turned out well. There is apparently no particular pattern/trend of how long a period you need to wait, based on my reading of this forum. For my case, I have others in the exact same situation started teaching in Dec 2019 or Jan 2020, and are entering NIE now. And there are those in the Jan 2019 window receiving offer earlier than me. It seems that every individual is different.

For interview. Interviewers are not out to fail you, but are there to really find out these important info: why do you want to teach? what can you bring to the profession? Can your desire/passion to teach sustain you in the long run? Just prep your answers along these key info. and show the interviewers you have the heart, you know what it takes, you know what are the qualities to be a good teacher, and have the will to embody those qualities in your teaching for the benefit of students.

For mid career folks, they are also interested to know if you can adapt to a totally different environment. This was one of my questions. Perhaps, show what are the skills, experiences, that you can value-add to your classes. and share your willingness to learn and adapt.

For the classroom teaching simulation. Do not be overly worried about it. Its only five minutes, which is very short. Just focus on one small topic, and deliver that topic well. Dun be concerned about info accuracy, cause they are assessing how composed you are facing audience, how you respond to classroom disruption, and how you handle difficult students. Remain calm and be firm.

For the written submission. It seeks to find out how will you respond in a difficult situation with moral dilemma. Just answer in a logical manner, and have the students' best interest at heart.

For the PPT. Do practise it. As you are only given one try for all the stations, and you have to pass all at first try. So its all or nothing. Do refer to the videos online, and practise a few rounds to be very familiar with the actions.

All the best to all applicants!

Reaction score
Hi saw your PM but unable to reply there as I haven't reached 10 posts yet it seems.

I haven't receive any interview details for MK training programme.How about you?

..and for those who received the email for PGDE(may/June window)about date extended to 31st July.Did you receive any updates for interview?

Hiiiiiiiiiiii! Nope sadly I haven’t :(! Feeling quite concerned and anxious so let’s all pray we’ll get the interview details soon! Also, I’ve noticed that they’ve extended the deadline for the MK kindergarten teacher training programme application so maybe that could be the case? :( :( :( :(

pure.fresh003

Reaction score
After an eleven month wait (!!), I have finally received my offer on Friday (24 Jul), to start on 11 Aug. Appointment briefing is on 27 Jul.

PGDE (PE). Mid career.

Interview - end Oct 2019

It is a long an arduous wait. Glad that it turned out well. There is apparently no particular pattern/trend of how long a period you need to wait, based on my reading of this forum. For my case, I have others in the exact same situation started teaching in Dec 2019 or Jan 2020, and are entering NIE now. And there are those in the Jan 2019 window receiving offer earlier than me. It seems that every individual is different.

For interview. Interviewers are not out to fail you, but are there to really find out these important info: why do you want to teach? what can you bring to the profession? Can your desire/passion to teach sustain you in the long run? Just prep your answers along these key info. and show the interviewers you have the heart, you know what it takes, you know what are the qualities to be a good teacher, and have the will to embody those qualities in your teaching for the benefit of students.

For mid career folks, they are also interested to know if you can adapt to a totally different environment. This was one of my questions. Perhaps, show what are the skills, experiences, that you can value-add to your classes. and share your willingness to learn and adapt.

For the classroom teaching simulation. Do not be overly worried about it. Its only five minutes, which is very short. Just focus on one small topic, and deliver that topic well. Dun be concerned about info accuracy, cause they are assessing how composed you are facing audience, how you respond to classroom disruption, and how you handle difficult students. Remain calm and be firm.

For the written submission. It seeks to find out how will you respond in a difficult situation with moral dilemma. Just answer in a logical manner, and have the students' best interest at heart.

For the PPT. Do practise it. As you are only given one try for all the stations, and you have to pass all at first try. So its all or nothing. Do refer to the videos online, and practise a few rounds to be very familiar with the actions.

Congrats Melodious wonderer!

You had such a long wait after completing your medical. 6 months wait! Did you call them to check on your status after completing your medical? I know of some members who received their offer letter, 2 days after completing their medical.
I have just completed my medical last week, hoping for the best and hope to receive some good news soon. Not sure if I should call them to check on my status.

All the best to your teaching stint!

Sonlene

Reaction score
Good to hear that! Congrats! For mid career change, do you have any teaching experience? And do they match to your expected salary or last drawn?

PGDE (PE). Mid career.

Interview - end Oct 2019

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.