Back from South island New Zealand

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
do u guys think it's still realistic to make a holiday trip to new zealand at year end (2020)?

wondering if wanna make a booking...

Not possible. Thats why I dun understand why OYK make this unilateral move and confuse people. In facebook and forum, i see more threads/articles on NZ travel, such as Anywhr. Thats not true. You cant go in.

NZ currently doesnt permit leisure travel. In fact, NZ delay a recently propose green lane with Australia to after election, which itself is delay. That green lane will properly last few months if not years bf they consider expanding to leisure travel from other countries.

Im still waiting for SQ policy to cover my Dec trip. Once covered, i will immediately submit refund application.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not possible. Thats why I dun understand why OYK make this unilateral move and confuse people. In facebook and forum, i see more threads/articles on NZ travel, such as Anywhr. Thats not true. You cant go in.

NZ currently doesnt permit leisure travel. In fact, NZ delay a recently propose green lane with Australia to after election, which itself is delay. That green lane will properly last few months if not years bf they consider expanding to leisure travel from other countries.

Im still waiting for SQ policy to cover my Dec trip. Once covered, i will immediately submit refund application.

I think they do that hoping the other half will reciprocate

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
I think they do that hoping the other half will reciprocate

Unlikely as NZ make it clear green lane with Australia and surrounding Pacific nations only. Even this decision been push back.

I dont see us (leisure travellers, tourists) able to go in anytime soon. Definitely not this year and close to no possibility next year.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unlikely as NZ make it clear green lane with Australia and surrounding Pacific nations only. Even this decision been push back.

I dont see us (leisure travellers, tourists) able to go in anytime soon. Definitely not this year and close to no possibility next year.
Ya they hope ma

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
International travel still tight. If you plan on a travel, the compulsory SHN would still be there for the time being. Unless you have lots of leaves to bite the SHN, its really better to wait till mid 2021 imo.

sigh... really sad that can't travel this year to 'recharge'. stuck in SG will just induce more work-mindset and can't shake off the stress. for me it's hard to travel mid-year so have to wait till end 2021 then...

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yearly I will have a family trip but this year due to Covid...suddenly nothing to look forward to like very "empty" type of feeling...

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score

I can’t believe I post this two years ago and had to cancel my trip back then. Luckily manage to receive full refund.

With NZ opening up from May (to SG) and to the rest of the world by Oct, anyone looking forward to visit NZ?

After 2 years, I need to replan new itinerary.
Thinking of either this Dec or next year June.

Unlike other countries like SG so crowded, I believe NZ is a good country to visit.

Squeezer

Reaction score
I can’t believe I post this two years ago and had to cancel my trip back then. Luckily manage to receive full refund.

With NZ opening up from May (to SG) and to the rest of the world by Oct, anyone looking forward to visit NZ?

Unlike other countries like SG so crowded, I believe NZ is a good country to visit.
Good that you've managed to get back your money.

I'm also planning a year-end, prob 2nd half of Dec.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I read your posts. Under what circumstances will SQ grant full refund?

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
I read your posts. Under what circumstances will SQ grant full refund?

You mean 2 years ago? SQ refund me becos of covid.
Now SQ promo allow complimentary rebooking till end of month and one time change within a year.
However, do take note its not best price guarantee program, so if you manage to find a better deal, its very hard if not impossible to get a refund

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
Flying to NZ this coming mid June, very fortunate to get the flight tickets at an affordable rate days before PM Lee announced the VTF. Super excited to visit the beautiful country again

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Me too, super excited. At the time of booking (a moth ago), I saw Air New Zealand promo at sub $1000 (multi city). Even during mid school holiday and Christmas peak, price only around 1.1K/1,2K which is near to unbelievable for multi city.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.