NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Reaction score
@Ellesse2704, @Oolongteanosugar, @Higgbp, since we’re all quite similar in our timelines (EPT emails, processing emails), may I know what are your current application statuses at Careers @ Gov?

Higgbp

Reaction score
Last year's Aug batch of applications had 2 dates to indicate availability for

Hi, thanks for the info. Do you mind clarifying is it:

A) Candidates were asked to indicate availability for a particular month, then some time later asked again to indicate availability for another month

OR

B) Candidates were asked to indicate availability for 2 separate dates in 1 single email

Thank you.

Bluegirl

Reaction score
Just curious.. has anyone indicated preference to teach primary subjects but got interviewed for secondary subjects?
I had indicated that my preference was Eng/science (primary) but I was interviewed for Eng/ social studies (secondary). My 5 min presentation was for secondary English..
I’m also from the May-June 2020 batch

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score
Just curious.. has anyone indicated preference to teach primary subjects but got interviewed for secondary subjects?
I had indicated that my preference was Eng/science (primary) but I was interviewed for Eng/ social studies (secondary). My 5 min presentation was for secondary English..
hi bluegirl,

could it be due to your major in uni? what was your major? or do you have any experiences in teaching older students? O:

Bluegirl

Reaction score
hi bluegirl,

could it be due to your major in uni? what was your major? or do you have any experiences in teaching older students? O:
Hi Lynnie_xoxo

Yes.. that may be a possible reason. I majored in English language in Uni. Teaching experience was more with primary sch aged kids.
The interviewer did keep asking me if I was more comfortable with teaching primary school. 😅

Moonbunny

Reaction score
Hahaha I indicated preferences for JC Econs and Sec Math but they offered me English/Maths at primary level but never asked if I was alright with teaching primary in my first interview XD

Bluegirl

Reaction score
Hahaha I indicated preferences for JC Econs and Sec Math but they offered me English/Maths at primary level but never asked if I was alright with teaching primary in my first interview XD

Lol maybe they also go by the needs too.. did they tell you why they asked you to go for a second interview?

Oolongteanosugar

Reaction score

A) Candidates were asked to indicate availability for a particular month, then some time later asked again to indicate availability for another month

OR

B) Candidates were asked to indicate availability for 2 separate dates in 1 single email

Thank you.

Hey higgbp. It was B.

Bluegirl

Reaction score
Yeap! But this time round they only asked us to indicate availability for 1 date and that’s it. That’s also something diff.

After indicating availability, did you get an email with the title “Update to teaching application- Rescheduling of PPT”?

The email content basically was about EPT .. thanking for indicating availability.. but the title itself has got me worried..

Bluegirl

Reaction score
Do update if you hear back from them. I’ll do the same :)

I just heard back from MOE. Email says that my application Is still being processed, I do not need to attend the 2nd Sept EPT and they will contact me once again when there is an update.
I’m assuming that doesn’t mean that I won’t need to go for EPT at all but Glad to know it’s not a rejection.

Nnameless

Reaction score

OR

Thank you.

Yeap! But this time round they only asked us to indicate availability for 1 date and that’s it. That’s also something diff.

Hey higgbp. It was B.

Yea it was B. I suspect because of covid, they cannot provide a fixed date that early for the second EPT. Even in schools, examinations needed some planning. But just pointing out that there were 2 EPT so it is possible that you need to take the second one, unless you had a good score for O levels / you did some modules for Languages in your Uni.

If I am not mistaken, I saw someone saying that he/she wasn't asked to take the EPT, but was asked to take it in another application window after it got delayed (I'm not sure).

Last edited:

Moonbunny

Reaction score
That sounds good Bluegirl! I haven't heard back yet, hopefully it is something neutral like the email you received XD

I just heard back from MOE. Email says that my application Is still being processed, I do not need to attend the 2nd Sept EPT and they will contact me once again when there is an update.
I’m assuming that doesn’t mean that I won’t need to go for EPT at all but Glad to know it’s not a rejection.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.