Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your 1 cent view is also my view. Hope the vaccine is out soon.

Read news that our own Medical Research team had actually started the vaccine on human trial liao. This look promising. :):)

Keep fingers crossed that a success in human trial and next mass production. Could be another 6- 12 mths later then we see this vaccine if all goes well.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read news that our own Medical Research team had actually started the vaccine on human trial liao. This look promising. :):)

Keep fingers crossed that a success in human trial and next mass production. Could be another 6- 12 mths later then we see this vaccine if all goes well.

Vaccine is one thing. Durability of protection is another. But having a vaccine better than none at all.

rbth x 0408

Reaction score
i ended up doing re-wrap locally... 1.x k for the whole car (dash board + 4 doors)...quite ok...PM me if you need the contact...

ah ok. i think its about 1 to 1.5k rm from what i read online.

googled and read that sticky dashboard seems like common issue for some toyota / lexus cars. in the US, they are doing foc replacement.
anyway, i will try BM first and see what they say about this issue.

wormworm2

Reaction score
just bought a 2010 Honda City. Wonder any bro can share some good workshops in Sg and JB(this must wait until can go) for servicing and repair works? Maybe can arrange a trip together? Thanks!

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just bought a 2010 Honda City. Wonder any bro can share some good workshops in Sg and JB(this must wait until can go) for servicing and repair works? Maybe can arrange a trip together? Thanks!

Try driving first with just engine oil change. Doesn’t mean you need to replace any parts just because it’s a 2010 car.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

As mentioned by others, drive now till its open for us to head in JB. Fix/ service those safety area first.
JB huh? Look forward to early next year, then i assumed can head in without added travel restrictions.

Recent tried workshop in Kaki Bukit, send my 12yo ride for servicing. Boss meticulous. OMO type.

Whitesnail Performance/ Servicing Center. Find them on FB.

Last edited:

wormworm2

Reaction score
As mentioned by others, drive now till its open for us to head in JB. Fix/ service those safety area first.
JB huh? Look forward to early next year, then i assumed can head in without added travel restrictions.

Recent tried workshop in Kaki Bukit, send my 12yo ride for servicing. Boss meticulous. OMO type.

Whitesnail Performance/ Servicing Center. Find them on FB.
Thank you!

wormworm2

Reaction score
Try driving first with just engine oil change. Doesn’t mean you need to replace any parts just because it’s a 2010 car.
Thanks for the advice. Was check if dealer has changed engine oil. Was told tyres confirmed changed...

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Was check if dealer has changed engine oil. Was told tyres confirmed changed...

Most of the time when owners wants to sell their rides, they will not bother to maintain it.

Take it as a no, have an oil change asap. That's the 1st thing I did when I've collected my ride recently. Why not go for one that provides XX-points check and let them tell you what parts needs to be changed (of course take note that you're not obliged to proceed if price is not right).

Tires are changed, did you check the year of manufacture?

wormworm2

Reaction score
Tires look at the threads and the DOM.

First things I would change is the engine oil and ATF.
The acronyms are quite new to me. May i know what is DOM (date of manufacture?) and ATF?

Didnt know can find date of manufacture, please advise where can it be found on the tires. And max age of tires being manufactured such that i should change them even though they are new?

wormworm2

Reaction score
Most of the time when owners wants to sell their rides, they will not bother to maintain it.

Take it as a no, have an oil change asap. That's the 1st thing I did when I've collected my ride recently. Why not go for one that provides XX-points check and let them tell you what parts needs to be changed (of course take note that you're not obliged to proceed if price is not right).

Tires are changed, did you check the year of manufacture?
i was told a sticker at the driver sun shade flap showed the car travelled 2000km after owner has sent for servicing, should be able to run for another 1-2000 km before changing?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was told a sticker at the driver sun shade flap showed the car travelled 2000km after owner has sent for servicing, should be able to run for another 1-2000 km before changing?

Personally, i will get it change again for a peace of mind. :)

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The acronyms are quite new to me. May i know what is DOM (date of manufacture?) and ATF?

Didnt know can find date of manufacture, please advise where can it be found on the tires. And max age of tires being manufactured such that i should change them even though they are new?

DOM - date of manufacture. You look ar the tire wall for 4 digits (eg 2717 means week 27 of 2017).

ATF - Automatic transmission fluid.

Tires - Depends on tire wear (but recommended to change no later than 6 years anyway - and if not constantly parked under the sun)
ATF - There is no such nonsense as “lifetime” fluid. Change every 40k km at the very least.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score

You can actually gauge by looking at the dip stick. Low level, go. Gunk, go. I personally felt the engine was running rough, thus I wasted no time and went ahead.

Considering that oil change these days are pretty affordable at around $5x, I would still recommend to go for a peace of mind.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.