Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any place to spray the whole car? i no need to crazy fancy one... just a normal car need to restore the paint and also do up those dents....

Infinite

Reaction score
i was told a sticker at the driver sun shade flap showed the car travelled 2000km after owner has sent for servicing, should be able to run for another 1-2000 km before changing?

How does that sticker work? Does it show the next mileage point for oil servicing? If thats the case then it seems fine. then again, I changed mine within a month of purchase even though i could go another 5 to 6k

wormworm2

Reaction score
How does that sticker work? Does it show the next mileage point for oil servicing? If thats the case then it seems fine. then again, I changed mine within a month of purchase even though i could go another 5 to 6k

It just a decal given by Shell, indicate the last and next date of servcing (6 mths later) and the next reading on the odometer, whichever is earlier. And the owner used Helix Ultra OW. Jsut googled and seems like top of the range oil so maybe i will wait till end of year :s13:

really_noob

Master Member
Reaction score
i was told a sticker at the driver sun shade flap showed the car travelled 2000km after owner has sent for servicing, should be able to run for another 1-2000 km before changing?

I would go for servicing and tell them to do a full check for other wear and tear parts. Last time I bought 2nd hand car, drove around for 2 weeks then did the usual oil change, change tyres, alignment, change brake pads. After that, you know the basic safety parts are new and you feel safe.

I did at AD to verify the mileage at the same time. Tyres and alignment done at outside workshop.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any place to spray the whole car? i no need to crazy fancy one... just a normal car need to restore the paint and also do up those dents....

The workshop i goes for a/c servining;- Yigo Air-conditioning. Find them on FB.
They also do spray painting and dents.
Got them fixed up the dent weeks ago.

NoTimeToWaitAr

Reaction score
Previously bought a 10yo stream. I've changed eo, Atf, spark plug, brake pad, clean tb, rear bushing, engine gasket, front link for a peace of mind. Gonna change my radiator, ICE, shock when jb open up.. 😕

Too bad have to change my cooling coil recently. Otherwise will go over to jb instead.

wormworm2

Reaction score
Previously bought a 10yo stream. I've changed eo, Atf, spark plug, brake pad, clean tb, rear bushing, engine gasket, front link for a peace of mind. Gonna change my radiator, ICE, shock when jb open up.. 😕

Too bad have to change my cooling coil recently. Otherwise will go over to jb instead.
any reliable workshop in JB to recommend? Easy to find? Been 20 years since i last drove into JB...

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any reliable workshop in JB to recommend? Easy to find? Been 20 years since i last drove into JB...

Keep stay in SG and support SG workshop. lolz. We can't head in anytime sooner. Will be blessed if they welcome tourists early next year:s13::s13:

And yes, even we recommend it here, could be gone when we head in in future.

keithchan

Reaction score

Similar to you I bought a renewed Stream and replaced these including front shocks. If I may ask where would u recommend for ICE in JB?

NoTimeToWaitAr

Reaction score

Similar to you I bought a renewed Stream and replaced these including front shocks. If I may ask where would u recommend for ICE in JB?

there's couple of ws recommended in this thread. carclick, lten pro. u can find their address online..

ICE can look for sheng auto. can find them via fb.

keithchan

Reaction score
there's couple of ws recommended in this thread. carclick, lten pro. u can find their address online..

ICE can look for sheng auto. can find them via fb.

CarClick good at troubleshooting. Feel Sheng Auto overrated though i understand they are quite popular.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CarClick good at troubleshooting. Feel Sheng Auto overrated though i understand they are quite popular.

There are a few along the main road leads to KSL. You wana try just make sure do your homework and get a few quotes.
Over here, many avoid this area.

Sheng Auto overrated? You used them before? I did used them a few times for other stuffs than ICE.

wormworm2

Reaction score
There are a few along the main road leads to KSL. You wana try just make sure do your homework and get a few quotes.

Sheng Auto overrated? You used them before? I did used them a few times for other stuffs than ICE.
May i know what is ICE?

keithchan

Reaction score

KSL stretch definitely chop carrot, learnt it the hard way years back.

Did LED bulb change and some e controller thingy as recommended by a young chap, kinda screwed up the battery circuitry.
Though I understand the rave reviews are for the older bro, I think?

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The workshop i goes for a/c servining;- Yigo Air-conditioning. Find them on FB.
They also do spray painting and dents.
Got them fixed up the dent weeks ago.

many thanks, shall check it out.

anyone else got good place to spray the whole car and remove dents?

Whispers

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this thread is informative...just when my tyres need changing..........cannot go JB....

just ask first, where to change 235/50/18 tyres in JB?

missing the drive in Malaysia...long open roads...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.