[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still got dragon quest xi s version. more story on side chars and can play it in classic 2d mode.

I wonder can buy 2D version separately or is it integrated into the main game.

Hope they have some form of upgrade for existing owners. I already paid twice previously for Asian one and English one.

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, just completed Dragon Quest XI and all I got is a single Bronze trophy for defeating the Dark Lord. Kinda underwhelming.

After investing over 230hrs of playtime they could have at least give a Gold. Percentage for this trophy is at 37.2% so looks like a lot of players had completed upto this stage.

And apparently some trophies are meant for the post game story.

Good to know that u appreciate dq. I for one can't stand it. Got dq8 and dq9. Both abandon and not played. Gotten dq9 with hopes that it's better with all the highly raved reviews but just can't get into it. Can't stand the looping ost and grindy boring monsters.

Sent from Toilet While Making Cake. using GAGT

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good to know that u appreciate dq. I for one can't stand it. Got dq8 and dq9. Both abandon and not played. Gotten dq9 with hopes that it's better with all the highly raved reviews but just can't get into it. Can't stand the looping ost and grindy boring monsters.

Sent from Toilet While Making Cake. using GAGT

I've played DQVII on the PS and DQVIII on PS2. Not sure if I've got DQIX on my NDS, need to go dig it out.

The music on DQXI is indeed repetitive, so I set it to lowest volume against sound effect and voice.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Star Wars: Squadrons Single-Player Review

can play VR and non VR?

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Easy Allies Review

Last edited:

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spoiler on DQXI. Only for those that played the game or not planning to play.

After the "went back in time" thingy, thought I'll have to re-level-up all the characters again as they reset to around level 52.

Luckily, after some key events all characters immediately went straight back to my previous level of 99. Interestingly, Veronica which I didn't level up since she died mid game also went straight to 99. Save me lots of grinding time.

Still trying to find the mini medals to get the respective trophy. Quite difficult as not sure where I miss the treasure chests, barrels & pots. Worse case scenario is to break all pots again and comb all the areas and every corner of ALL the cities and terrains! :(

Also noticed around 13 new quests were added to the list so that's good.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Still on DQXI, [...]

Still trying to find the mini medals to get the respective trophy. Quite difficult as not sure where I miss the treasure chests, barrels & pots. Worse case scenario is to break all pots again and comb all the areas and every corner of ALL the cities and terrains! :(

Use spoiler tag leh.

No chest is missable. There is one dungeon that is gone in Act 3, but it is reported that those chest will move to another location.
Once you get the ability to fly in the world map, it's on one of the mountain tops.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still on DQXI, after the "went back in time" thingy, thought I'll have to re-level-up all the characters again as they reset to around level 52.

Luckily, after some key events all characters immediately went straight back to my previous level of 99. Interestingly, Veronica which I didn't level up since she died mid game also went straight to 99. Save me lots of grinding time.

:s22::s22::s22:

ruining the most important part of the story plot twist.

konoha

Reaction score
Still on DQXI, after the "went back in time" thingy, thought I'll have to re-level-up all the characters again as they reset to around level 52.

wah u very hardworking, i complete the story dan i stopped, did not manage to complete all side quest also. too time consuming for me.

Anway, its a good JRPG to play

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use spoiler tag leh.

No chest is missable. There is one dungeon that is gone in Act 3, but it is reported that those chest will move to another location.
Once you get the ability to fly in the world map, it's on one of the mountain tops.

Oops, sorry. Updated the original post.

Just solved one random quest that apparently gave 10 mini medals, so enough for me to get trophy.

What do you mean chest not missable? Many chests if you didn't get to obscure corners of the terrain you'll miss them.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
What do you mean chest not missable? Many chests if you didn't get to obscure corners of the terrain you'll miss them.
Not missable means you can always go back to get them later, they will still be there (except the one dungeon that only appears once, but the chests will be moved to somewhere else). The chests are important because some of them give you armors or recipes for crafting armors, and there is a trophy for getting all armors.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not missable means you can always go back to get them later, they will still be there (except the one dungeon that only appears once, but the chests will be moved to somewhere else). The chests are important because some of them give you armors or recipes for crafting armors, and there is a trophy for getting all armors.

I was thinking more in the line of difficult to find them as they're located at obscure corners of the map. Unless you use walkthroughs that lists specific locations of each and every chest in the game.

Anyway, I've gotten the mini medal trophy so no need to do any more chest huntings or smashings pots. :)

For those of you playing the game post credit and need to farm gold, one good and quick option is go to the First Forest whale waypoint and use Erik to steal from the fat monster there, you can then sell the S-rated shield for 30K a piece!

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I was thinking more in the line of difficult to find them as they're located at obscure corners of the map. Unless you use walkthroughs that lists specific locations of each and every chest in the game.

Anyway, I've gotten the mini medal trophy so no need to do any more chest huntings or smashings pots. :)

For those of you playing the game post credit and need to farm gold, one good and quick option is go to the First Forest whale waypoint and use Erik to steal from the fat monster there, you can then sell the S-rated shield for 30K a piece!
The chests are not too difficult to find, just need to make sure to search every area, I didn't have to use a guide. iirc, the mini-medals can be farmed from the slot machine type enemy.

btw, when the game first came out (in Japanese and Chinese) I wrote this trophy information and roadmap (based on Chinese version):
https://www.playstationtrophies.org...-dragon-quest-xi-trophy-information-tips.html

Here's a more specific trophy guide someone wrote later (based on English version):
https://www.playstationtrophies.org...-elusive-age-trophy-guide-road-map-na-eu.html

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The chests are not too difficult to find, just need to make sure to search every area, I didn't have to use a guide. iirc, the mini-medals can be farmed from the slot machine type enemy.

btw, when the game first came out (in Japanese and Chinese) I wrote this trophy information and roadmap (based on Chinese version):
https://www.playstationtrophies.org...-dragon-quest-xi-trophy-information-tips.html

Here's a more specific trophy guide someone wrote later (based on English version):
https://www.playstationtrophies.org...-elusive-age-trophy-guide-road-map-na-eu.html

Didn't check any guide for all the chest locations, which is why when playing post credit was surprised to find some chests not opened, I swear I'd opened them previously.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, the trophy update changed mine to a much higher figure than it really is.

The original was upto level 100? Now the max limit is at 999.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.