Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

StressedGirl

Reaction score
They put your picture as their whatsapp profile picture is one. So those people who text u, their photos are usually debtors

thats probably the only way for them when we say shame via socmed since we're off the grid and they cant 'find', yes?

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Is there such thing as the money dispensed is actually the lender's own? As in these are lenders are not part of the actual UML cycle? The way the lender potrays is as if he is desperate to get his money back.

Not for loan scammers, they usually get victims to transfer you the money, then when they press you into returning them the money, you are transferring the money into another victims account.

Is a vicious cycle that keeps going until it the money eventually goes into their pockets/bank

At most they maybe only fork out less than 1000 dollars since their operation started.

They plant 300 in 3 people's account, make them pay endlessly to other victims then 300 in 3 people's account become 300 in 6 people's account and so on and so on, ever notice even when u pay back almost 2 to 4 times the amount of loan scammers they always try shaking you for more money? They are just increasing their victim counts by using you as a money tree and their personal money dispenser.

StressedGirl

Reaction score
Not for loan scammers, they usually get victims to transfer you the money, then when they press you into returning them the money, you are transferring the money into another victims account.

Is a vicious cycle that keeps going until it the money eventually goes into their pockets/bank

At most they maybe only fork out less than 1000 dollars since their operation started.

They plant 300 in 3 people's account, make them pay endlessly to other victims then 300 in 3 people's account become 300 in 6 people's account and so on and so on, ever notice even when u pay back almost 2 to 4 times the amount of loan scammers they always try shaking you for more money? They are just increasing their victim counts by using you as a money tree and their personal money dispenser.

Im quite confused here. How different is a scam to an illegal moneylender? Seems to me the one im facing is an illegal moneylender with interest rates of between 25-50%. Im off the view that in this case its a straightforward case of ah long and not scam. Can anyone elaborate on this please? I finally told my spouse and he said its best to pay them back however we can 😱? What do i do now? The fella had said he'll go to the ends of the world to get it back.Im confused and worried all at the same time.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Im quite confused here. How different is a scam to an illegal moneylender? Seems to me the one im facing is an illegal moneylender with interest rates of between 25-50%. Im off the view that in this case its a straightforward case of ah long and not scam. Can anyone elaborate on this please? I finally told my spouse and he said its best to pay them back however we can 😱? What do i do now? The fella had said he'll go to the ends of the world to get it back.Im confused and worried all at the same time.

Oh i just read your case, my advice here would be to stop paying back and start ghosting them.
And your posts has too much info there, best to be discreet as this forum is accessible to everyone.
This is singapore so u are safe, worse that could happen is that they send runners, runners usually get arrested within a short span of time so u neednt worry. Inform your nok that you listed. Your account has already been frozen once for paying them back, so dont risk getting arrested for it

StressedGirl

Reaction score
Oh i just read your case, my advice here would be to stop paying back and start ghosting them.
And your posts has too much info there, best to be discreet as this forum is accessible to everyone.
This is singapore so u are safe, worse that could happen is that they send runners, runners usually get arrested within a short span of time so u neednt worry. Inform your nok that you listed. Your account has already been frozen once for paying them back, so dont risk getting arrested for it

oh no...ok ok.Thanks!

AngelsInTheSkies

Reaction score
Don’t pay them. Now any transactions you do will be considered as illegal money laundering. Just stop feeding these loan sharks. You won’t be able to finish paying them. They will keep asking for more

green72

Reaction score

Tell your husband paying back is not the best way. Just tell him that you are following your I/O orders.

Remind him that transferring money to the UML is an offence since you are aware and reported to SPF about the UML. The case investigation is on going against all bank account to/fro your account.

Many victims don't see the seriousness of the offence of "working" with the UML. To SPF, when ever a victim pay up by transferring to an account given by the UML, SPF will regard the debtor as collaborating with the UML by transferring money to another victim.

It is a chargeable offence that will end in fines and jail time.

As we know, identity of bank account holder is easy to establish. UML will never use their personal account to roll the money.

So, forget about paying up. This you have to explain thoroughly to your husband.

Calmly explain.

Last edited:
Reaction score

To me all the same. As long as they are asking you to pay ridiculous terms and there is no loan contract paper and license, they are UML or loan scam out to cheat using fear and threats tactics. It's a trap, show husband this and DO NOT PAY! See this if not convinced. https://youtu.be/gpoU8lMq1f4

Last edited:

StressedGirl

Reaction score
To me all the same. As long as they are asking you to pay ridiculous terms and there is no loan contract paper and license, they are UML or loan scam out to cheat using fear and threats tactics. It's a trap, show husband this and DO NOT PAY! See this if not convinced. https://youtu.be/gpoU8lMq1f4

Thanks! I thought so too but cos for now they are just asking to pay the agreed interest on top of the loan amt and nothing more, le spouse thinks its gotta be a real ah long and not scammer.I told him regardless, all are same as how the community here have explained.

AngelsInTheSkies

Reaction score
Your spouse must trust us on this. Real ah long or scammer, doesn’t matter. You are contributing to their illegal funding if you pay. And don’t contact them anymore. Ghost them. Change your number and no need to stress yourself so much.

Thanks! I thought so too but cos for now they are just asking to pay the agreed interest on top of the loan amt and nothing more, le spouse thinks its gotta be a real ah long and not scammer.I told him regardless, all are same as how the community here have explained.

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Why share around? This happened in Malaysia. No need to create unnecessary panic here and scare people

I agree. Please don't share Malaysia link in this Singapore group. Ah long or scammers in Malaysia is even worst cause the runners in Malaysia is very hard to be captured de. Land too big and their malaysian police force is too corrupted to handle case like this.

In Singapore, runners can be caught easily due to POLCAM islandwide and the land is too small. So runners, no matter where they hide will be captured de. My runner only take SPF 2 days to be arrested. Plus SPF is more efficient than Malaysia Police Force. Not joking.

So please just share your malaysian link with malaysian website thread okay? If you want please kindly only share Singapore stuff in here thanks. We are different country for a reason

AngelsInTheSkies

Reaction score
I feel that those loansharks are over exaggerating. They can scold or say whatever they want, no money to pay them means no money. Also, even have money, pay them non stop is also not a solution. When my family member borrowed from them a $500, he ended up paying thousands. It’s ridiculous. We were all harassed with texts and phone calls. End of the day, you don’t pay them and they can’t do anything. They can send runners. How many times can they afford to pay off or let them deduct from the loan? All these shall pass. It may be tough and stress but it will go away

I agree. Please don't share Malaysia link in this Singapore group. Ah long or scammers in Malaysia is even worst cause the runners in Malaysia is very hard to be captured de. Land too big and their malaysian police force is too corrupted to handle case like this.

In Singapore, runners can be caught easily due to POLCAM islandwide and the land is too small. So runners, no matter where they hide will be captured de. My runner only take SPF 2 days to be arrested. Plus SPF is more efficient than Malaysia Police Force. Not joking.

So please just share your malaysian link with malaysian website thread okay? If you want please kindly only share Singapore stuff in here thanks. We are different country for a reason

green72

Reaction score
I feel that those loansharks are over exaggerating. They can scold or say whatever they want, no money to pay them means no money. Also, even have money, pay them non stop is also not a solution. When my family member borrowed from them a $500, he ended up paying thousands. It’s ridiculous. We were all harassed with texts and phone calls. End of the day, you don’t pay them and they can’t do anything. They can send runners. How many times can they afford to pay off or let them deduct from the loan? All these shall pass. It may be tough and stress but it will go away

Yes, it shall pass.

Any new victim already taken the steps we mentioned just need to get a hang of it by continually report when harassed, call 999 when see suspicious outside house and continuously ghosting, blocking and ignoring them not matter how often they send runners, will be victorious and free from their slavery.

green72

Reaction score
FYI, occasionally there people pm me for advice regarding should they take loan from UML A or UML B or is it ok to take loans from UML.

I wonder why in the first place they should even consider taking loans from loanshark. The outcome is always bad for them.

And why they want to ask me, I have no idea at all.

Even if they can't qualify for loans from bank or legal financial institutions due to bad credit rating or low income or holding irregular jobs, still borrowing from loansharks is not the solution.

It will only add a new problem for them while not solving their existing financial problem.

If they search and research hard enough, there are legal ways to settle any financial debt. Approaching a UML is not one of them.

Below is one example. :spin: :spin:
bro can ask you smth? my fren recommend me this loan shark but i hesistate at first for like 1 month den now i feel like i cannot tong liao so i ask my fren intro me but strangely the loan shark ask my fren to send my IC to him instead of directly to the loan shark, i cannot comprehend why.

Last edited:

xvirusgal

Reaction score
My take is...NEVER BORROW FROM ANY UML. YOU Do not understand the hell you are going to get yourself and your family into!

I am into my week 3 ...ghosting...very determined to break the chain of torture...in Singapore..you can run...but you can't hide...all those UMLs out there, our SPFs are waiting for you...!

StressedGirl

Reaction score
hi all. so today i received the first threat text. im in the midst of shutting down the line but while wtg to do so, the endless calls and tects are coming in from the uml. Said they will do anything just to get the money back then now threaten wanna find my relatives. I dont know how high tech savvy they are but i just dont want anyone to get into trouble or lose their jobs cos of me man. my problem is enough for me to handle and i cant deal with anyone getting into trouble cos of my stupidity. I just wanna know how much info they have about mu family or friends (i didnt give any nok details btw) before i go completely ghost on them.

Girlwinsall

Reaction score
hi all. so today i received the first threat text. im in the midst of shutting down the line but while wtg to do so, the endless calls and tects are coming in from the uml. Said they will do anything just to get the money back then now threaten wanna find my relatives. I dont know how high tech savvy they are but i just dont want anyone to get into trouble or lose their jobs cos of me man. my problem is enough for me to handle and i cant deal with anyone getting into trouble cos of my stupidity. I just wanna know how much info they have about mu family or friends (i didnt give any nok details btw) before i go completely ghost on them.

Hi

I was a victim 6 months ago.
I lost my job
Disturbed my NOKs
Threat msgs, different phone calls.
Tbh they are the same.
I spent days and weeks not sleeping at night to monitor any suspicious movements.
Best to change your mobile number, close your bank account. Inform your management at work about this. If they cant accept it, quit! I have colleagues judging me and i cant even face them at work. I left and now i have other job.
I repeat, stop paying them. Pay them for what?
I was in depression. Lost weight and couldnt help thinking if i would be harassed
I was staying with my elderly parents. Even worst.
My husband got mad. He kept bringing me down with sarcasms.
I have to admit, i was stupid.
But i didnt get any harassment. So i guess mine was just a scam.
For your case, report to your IO for any suspicious movements.
Inform your condo security to not accept any visitors.
Suffer for a while. Just make sure no one is allowed to go to your unit no.
They can try to pretend to be food delivery or so. But even if they provide diff unit no, still the owners of the residence will say they didnt order or wtv it is right.
Dont be afraid. Put cctv and sacrifice abit of your night sleep to monitor.
Just give it 2-3 months.
We have to pay for our stupid mistakes too.
Always be alert. Condo is better than HDB. Hdb anyone can walk pass or see your flat from afar. Condo you have the benefits of letting your guards know. And you too need to inform the guards to why youre doing this.
Lesson learnt: never take up loans, be it with the banks or LML or UML
Ive learnt my lesson. The anxiety and depression almost killed me inside.
I hope you and your husband can get through this! Stay strong!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.