Chromecast with google tv 2020

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using CC Ultra and happy with it.

I only watch youtube at home.
Don't like "box" solutions because I prefer browsing for videos on my phone to add to the queue. (While watching the current video)

However I'll still get this new Chromecast to try out.
But I think I might never use the UI and remote, just continue casting from my phone

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using CC Ultra and happy with it.

I only watch youtube at home.
Don't like "box" solutions because I prefer browsing for videos on my phone to add to the queue. (While watching the current video)

However I'll still get this new Chromecast to try out.
But I think I might never use the UI and remote, just continue casting from my phone

Then no point already. CC Ultra is good enough for casting, especially with the Ethernet port.

BTW, there are many other apps which support casting, like SingTel TV Go, SingTel Cast, Starhub Go, mwWatch, etc.

xbfloater

Reaction score
TVB Anywhere+ also supports Miracast, so most likely can cast to TV via this device... Older dramas are free, so good for old-times catch-up / memories!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TVB Anywhere+ also supports Miracast, so most likely can cast to TV via this device... Older dramas are free, so good for old-times catch-up / memories!

Miracast is not good for video in general.

But if you have the new Chromecast with Google TV, then you can install TVB Anywhere+ on the device, same as Mi Box S.

And yes the free section is pretty good.

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score

so what device i can buy to cast the video to my dell monitor?

i love to watch all the TVB drama. I use TVB Anywhere+ on my iPhone to do so. but prefer to watch it on big screen.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so what device i can buy to cast the video to my dell monitor?

i love to watch all the TVB drama. I use TVB Anywhere+ on my iPhone to do so. but prefer to watch it on big screen.

Buy Mi Box S or this new Chromecast 2020. No need to use Miracast which is anyway not supported by iOS.

You can install TVB Anywhere+ app on official Android TV OS devices, like the new Chromecast 2020, Mi Box S, Starhub TV+ Box, Nvidia Shield TV, Sony/TCL/etc Android TV.

Last edited:

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HI, are you using the Ezbuy provided name as customer name and add credit card to pay.

I ordered one from google store and ezbuy warehouse.
After a few day, got cancelled by google store.

Hmmm..for shipping details, I used ezship provided info.

For billing, used actual name but billing address need to use ezship address.

Mine is also not shipped yet. Might be canceled. 😂

Update: credit card payment is pending on uob website

Last edited:

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It didn't get cancelled? Mine got cancelled. What billing address did u use?

Still not shipped , might be canceled.

I ordered on the 8th using UOB CC. When did you order and Which card did u use?

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score

Buy Mi Box S or this new Chromecast 2020. No need to use Miracast which is anyway not supported by iOS.

You can install TVB Anywhere+ app on official Android TV OS devices, like the new Chromecast 2020, Mi Box S, Starhub TV+ Box, Nvidia Shield TV, Sony/TCL/etc Android TV.

i see. cool. will check it out. thanks. =:p

looool

Reaction score
Still not shipped , might be canceled.

I ordered on the 8th using UOB CC. When did you order and Which card did u use?

Ordered on 3rd using uob mighty Fx debit card and cancelled on 6th

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Ordered on 3rd using uob mighty Fx debit card and cancelled on 6th

Wonder why does google want to restrict orders from overseas?
I cancelled my ezybuy order and tried re-order using vpost. Doesn't really seem to be moving ahead also. Sigh.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cancelled my ezybuy order and tried re-order using vpost. Doesn't really seem to be moving ahead also. Sigh.

Not enough supply even for US users. The main target competition for Google is Amazon Fire TV Sticks and Roku Streaming sticks. So they have to guarantee the supply in US first.

Android TV OS is badly lagging behind in USA after Roku OS (Roku, TCL TV, Hisense TV, etc) and Amazon.

Last edited:

looool

Reaction score

Most US retailers blocked freight forwarder address due to fraud or troublesome RMA process. But Google store US allows foreign purchases if the item is meant as a gift for someone staying in the US.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Most US retailers blocked freight forwarder address due to fraud or troublesome RMA process. But Google store US allows foreign purchases if the item is meant as a gift for someone staying in the US.

But taobao orders seems to be fulfilled according to another member here.

looool

Reaction score
They might have someone in US to help them with the process. Just my guess

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They might have someone in US to help them with the process. Just my guess

Yes there are people in US, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Europe, etc, carrying out side business (or even real business) to buy stuff and then send back to China. They call them 海外代购 (overseas purchasing agents).

It is a big business for Taobao and other shopping platform in China, because branded product are often much more expensive than overseas (and also concerns of fake product).

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chromecast 2020 with Google TV is the new king at sub S$100 for Android TV boxes.

Lon.TV review

From another reviewer.
Comparison of Chromecast 2020, Amazon FireTV Stick 4k and TiVo Streaming 4k. Take note for Singapore context, Mi Box S and Chromecast 2020 are better than Amazon FireTV Stick 4k and Tivo Streaming 4k (both kind of a bit locked to US region).

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
^ thanks. i should delay the itch for the Mi Box S and wait for this to stable price.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.