Any foldable bicycle below 10kg to recommend?

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want to get tern folding bike only can buy from local dealer or got lobang to import?
Saw neighbouring countries selling $200+ to $400+ cheaper than local dealer.

Last edited:

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up slope need min how many speed? 9 speed sufficient?
but usu only 3 speed n crank smaller (46T), if flat road ok, up slope a bit 'siong'

Sent from Mai Sia Suay Land using GAGT

Justbear

Master Member
Reaction score
decathlon got sell cheap folding bikes.

tilt-500-14quote-foldable-bike-silver.jpg

$350
Are you looking for a light, compact bike with no compromises? Do you want to take your bike with you everywhere?
At just 8.9 kg, the fully-aluminium TILT 500 XS is just what you need!

tilt-100-20quote-folding-bike-black.jpg

$200

Just saw this morning. These are grip shift gears.

DNAT11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want to get tern folding bike only can buy from local dealer or got lobang to import?
Saw neighbouring countries selling $200+ to $400+ cheaper than local dealer.
yes, usu cheaper than sg

u can do tat if u dun mind
no test ride n factor in shipping cost (not sure abt gst need to pay or not)

best is check w seller

many had done it

Blahhh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks tasty. If it's cheap, it's perfect for a keep-in-boot all-time folder or a cheap runaround for a fraction of the price of a Brompton.

Not really cheap, but cheaper ($1.2-1.4k on carousell now) than a Brompton. Too bad I didn't get a 3Sixty when it was going for only $500+ pre-covid. Would had made a decent "beater brompton".

But Brompton is currently sold out worldwide though. Now 2nd hand used Brompton is selling for more than the retail price.

Damn wasted in mar I wanted to buy Brompton and there was still alot of stock. But the colour I wanted is sold out so in the end I never buy :(

IKR. I wanted to get a S2E raw lacquer, but no luck getting that from the junction. Last I heard, they only bring in the standard colours, anything else is mostly OOS. Oh well, will wait for things to become better. Might as well save up for a superlight too :s13:

How much you pay for this Brompton clone? and also the delivery duration? Thanks.

I paid 1.2K. $20 for delivery to my doorstep. Took about 2 weeks +.

Ynhon 8.4kg good anot :o

Ynhon sounds like the chiong version of Fnhon which itself is a chiong version of Dahon :s13::s22:

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some say Fnhon rides better than dahon

Posted from PCWX using iPhone 1000 Pro Max

Blahhh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yalor, went to funan ssll .. no walk in purchase, only pre order n duno how long

mighty velo oso no stock now

3sixty online local selling ... some model below $1k ... never test ride so duno how it feels

I actually owned a 3Sixty... for about 1 week, because I didn't like the ride quality. Its overgeared and the geometry mirrors the older Bromptons with the shorter wheelbase. The fat frame tube also makes it look like a toy. Didn't liked the stock tyres, pedals, kiddie ez-wheels too. Granted, I can change them but then I saw Element Pikes Gen 2 and just decide to cut my "losses" (actually made $50 from the sale lol).

The upcoming and updated 3Sixty however, looks really promising. Also mybikeshop is a distributor now, so there's a place for servicing too.

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually owned a 3Sixty... for about 1 week, because I didn't like the ride quality. Its overgeared and the geometry mirrors the older Bromptons with the shorter wheelbase. The fat frame tube also makes it look like a toy. Didn't liked the stock tyres, pedals, kiddie ez-wheels too. Granted, I can change them but then I saw Element Pikes Gen 2 and just decide to cut my "losses" (actually made $50 from the sale lol).

The upcoming and updated 3Sixty however, looks really promising. Also mybikeshop is a distributor now, so there's a place for servicing too.

The 3sixty you bought was the 2019 or 2020 version? How's the ride quality comparing between pike gen 2 and 3sixty?

I am thinking between the 2, and 3sixty seems to have been around much longer than pikes with 2020 being the 9th iteration compared to the 2nd iteration for pikes. Pikes seem to fold smaller into a smaller width than even Brompton, so I'm not sure if it's cos the bike is smaller? 3sixty folded size is bigger than Brompton, so that's a negative for 3sixty....

Blahhh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 3sixty you bought was the 2019 or 2020 version? How's the ride quality comparing between pike gen 2 and 3sixty?

I am thinking between the 2, and 3sixty seems to have been around much longer than pikes with 2020 being the 9th iteration compared to the 2nd iteration for pikes. Pikes seem to fold smaller into a smaller width than even Brompton, so I'm not sure if it's cos the bike is smaller? 3sixty folded size is bigger than Brompton, so that's a negative for 3sixty....

The 3sixty I had was probably a 2018/19 model (not sure, it was a lightly used one). Imo, the pikes gen 2 is a better ride. 6 speed (3 internal, 2 external), longer wheelbase so more stable (looks better too) and shifters are the same design as the latest Brompton's. I have zero regrets ditching the 3sixty for the gen 2 pikes.

However, the upcoming 3Sixty looks to have an updated geometry and seems to be an improvement over the older ones. I believe it's still 3 speed though.

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 3sixty I had was probably a 2018/19 model (not sure, it was a lightly used one). Imo, the pikes gen 2 is a better ride. 6 speed (3 internal, 2 external), longer wheelbase so more stable (looks better too) and shifters are the same design as the latest Brompton's. I have zero regrets ditching the 3sixty for the gen 2 pikes.

However, the upcoming 3Sixty looks to have an updated geometry and seems to be an improvement over the older ones. I believe it's still 3 speed though.

which is the upcoming one you are referring to?
Taobao got a couple of shops selling 3sixty, which has 3 & 5 speed sturmey archer internal gearing option + 2 external gear option to make it 6 & 10 speed, can also top up to get schwalbe one tanwalls installed...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.