The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

vannie

Reaction score
Is there any promo for progressive lens this month?

I'm planning to get a new pair of progressive lens.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hoya has an ongoing one.
Average tier
Dynamic summit free upgrade to dynamic premium

Better tier
Lifestyle balansis free upgrade to lifestyle v+

Is there any promo for progressive lens this month?

I'm planning to get a new pair of progressive lens.

Verdict

Reaction score
Hello, hello, this is a little off. But is there any shops that offers 'find a spec that match you' like of service? I had tried Zoff and Owndays but wanted someone to tell me, which frame suit me kind, want to be more yandao a bit. Thanks thanks.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I believe most shops/staff would try their best to find/recommend a frame that suits you best.

But for a Shop with wider range of glasses that might improve your image, maybe try Jamco optical or eyewear optics.

Edit:with staffs that has good recommendation.

Hello, hello, this is a little off. But is there any shops that offers 'find a spec that match you' like of service? I had tried Zoff and Owndays but wanted someone to tell me, which frame suit me kind, want to be more yandao a bit. Thanks thanks.

Sweat100

Reaction score
Any recommendation for places that do spectacles with a selection of frames for infants and toddlers? These are mainly for babies that need lenses to correct an existing eye condition. Looking at stores that has a selection for babies (~1 year old).

PattyTheChuggyTrain

Reaction score
Read about computer lens that reduce blue light, and it seems Zeiss lens is good? Currently not wearing specs so I dunno much.

Approximately how much would a pair cost and from where?

Thanks!

Last edited:

dolcesurreal

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to get advice on getting new lens.
I was specifically looking for one that blocks blue light and was newly introduced to blue uv capture.

Was eventually suggested to consider 1.67 blue uv crizal sapphire which I supposed should mean blue uv capture + sapphire coating.

I did a little research on crizal lens and saw one that says blue uv capture + prevencia coating offers the ultimate protection for blocking harmful blue light.

Can anyone here please enlighten? Which is the better option?

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Read about computer lens that reduce blue light, and it seems Zeiss lens is good? Currently not wearing specs so I dunno much.

Approximately how much would a pair cost and from where?

Thanks!

Honestly, all blue filter lenses are about the same to me. If you want to have a pair for computer, i would recommend lenses such as Crizal Eyezen/Hoya Sync. Comes with blue light and a slightly lower power at the bottom to relax your eyes when you are looking at your phone/computer etc

The lenses itself start from about $280 onwards. If it is just a normal blue filter lenses, prices start from about $180. Frame wise, depends on the frame you pick :)

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to get advice on getting new lens.
I was specifically looking for one that blocks blue light and was newly introduced to blue uv capture.

Was eventually suggested to consider 1.67 blue uv crizal sapphire which I supposed should mean blue uv capture + sapphire coating.

I did a little research on crizal lens and saw one that says blue uv capture + prevencia coating offers the ultimate protection for blocking harmful blue light.

Can anyone here please enlighten? Which is the better option?

Sorry had to edit this.. The blue uv capture from crizal or prevencia is either or.
Up to personal choice if you want both on the same lens..
Some prefer the yellowing of prevencia while some prefer a clearer lens so when they take photos its more aesthetically pleasing.
Up to you which one you prefer :)

TGIF all

Last edited:

PattyTheChuggyTrain

Reaction score
Honestly, all blue filter lenses are about the same to me. If you want to have a pair for computer, i would recommend lenses such as Crizal Eyezen/Hoya Sync. Comes with blue light and a slightly lower power at the bottom to relax your eyes when you are looking at your phone/computer etc

The lenses itself start from about $280 onwards. If it is just a normal blue filter lenses, prices start from about $180. Frame wise, depends on the frame you pick :)

Thank you!!!!!

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i know how much roughly the price for zeiss or hoya lens for 1.67 index? No need blue light filter or photochromatic one, just normal coating will do. Want to gauge how much budget do i need if want to make new spec with this lens. Thanks.

I made tag heuer with zeiss lens around 5-6 years ago for about 800$. But quite disappointed because the rubber is fall apart after 2 years warranty over.
Now just wear owndays. Thinking to change to better quality lens.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

About 180-325 for hoya to zeiss. Hoya 180 starting from Pentax range til zeiss 325 duravision platinum. 1.67 index.

Can i know how much roughly the price for zeiss or hoya lens for 1.67 index? No need blue light filter or photochromatic one, just normal coating will do. Want to gauge how much budget do i need if want to make new spec with this lens. Thanks.

I made tag heuer with zeiss lens around 5-6 years ago for about 800$. But quite disappointed because the rubber is fall apart after 2 years warranty over.
Now just wear owndays. Thinking to change to better quality lens.

sg_trader

Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia,

Do you have any places to recommend if I would like to get a new pair of spectacles: Lindberg frame (Allan 50) + Transitions (w blue light or drive protection)?

Degree is 200+.. Hoping to keep it within 900 if possible.. Thank you!

Mai tu leow

Reaction score
Hi all,

May I know what is the reasonable price to pay for a Zeiss progressive individual 2(1.74) for eye condition below:

1) 1300 degree short sight for both eyes.
2) a long sighted that cannot read font 8 from normal reading distance.
3) got astigmatism

Furthermore, I am told this lens will auto include blue protect. correct?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! I will get back to you tonight.

Hi Gangsterkia,

Do you have any places to recommend if I would like to get a new pair of spectacles: Lindberg frame (Allan 50) + Transitions (w blue light or drive protection)?

Degree is 200+.. Hoping to keep it within 900 if possible.. Thank you!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi!

1.74 individual 2(smartlife) retails at 2790 and yes it comes with blue protect.
A reasonable price... would a 10% be considered reasonable to you? (Honestly depending on what the shop gives you for discount,5%,10%,15% or even 20%), also the service rendered to you. Are you satisfied with them? If yes then to some of my customers, even minimal discount they are still fine as they are happy with the service provided.

Hope this helps!

Edit:add in the smartlife. More advanced tech which includes eye movement tracking, pupil size tracking.. etc

Hi all,

May I know what is the reasonable price to pay for a Zeiss progressive individual 2(1.74) for eye condition below:

1) 1300 degree short sight for both eyes.
2) a long sighted that cannot read font 8 from normal reading distance.
3) got astigmatism

Furthermore, I am told this lens will auto include blue protect. correct?

Last edited:

Mai tu leow

Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia,

Thanks for your time and helpful reply.

For Zeiss progressive lens, if I say the improvement for comfort to user from "Pure" to "Plus" is given a value of 5, what value from 0 to 10, would you give for upgrade from "Plus" to "Individual 2"? 0 being no improvement and 10 mean a lot of improvement.

Also, could you name an alternate brand of same tier to "Individual 2" and what is the price for same case.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
At least a 7-8. But take note, the higher your presbyopia power the more distortion you will have. Just that if you use a higher tier lens, it will be better.

A similar tier and cheaper would be the Mystyle V+ from Hoya. From my fitting experience, *fingers crossed* I had not remake/handled any dissatisfied customer who used Mystyle V+.
1.74 Mystyle v+ would cost 2600 with the blue control.

Or the next best option would be the essilor Xclusive lens. However only certain shops in Singapore can sell the lenses as a specific machine is needed to take some measurements.(not just the panto/wrap only). It would cost 2800 with the blue filter.

Hi Gangsterkia,

Thanks for your time and helpful reply.

For Zeiss progressive lens, if I say the improvement for comfort to user from "Pure" to "Plus" is given a value of 5, what value from 0 to 10, would you give for upgrade from "Plus" to "Individual 2"? 0 being no improvement and 10 mean a lot of improvement.

Also, could you name an alternate brand of same tier to "Individual 2" and what is the price for same case.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.