The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Mai tu leow

Reaction score
At least a 7-8. But take note, the higher your presbyopia power the more distortion you will have. Just that if you use a higher tier lens, it will be better.

A similar tier and cheaper would be the Mystyle V+ from Hoya. From my fitting experience, *fingers crossed* I had not remake/handled any dissatisfied customer who used Mystyle V+.
1.74 Mystyle v+ would cost 2600 with the blue control.

Or the next best option would be the essilor Xclusive lens. However only certain shops in Singapore can sell the lenses as a specific machine is needed to take some measurements.(not just the panto/wrap only). It would cost 2800 with the blue filter.

Many many thanks for this super useful info!!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, I think it’s slightly tough to find a transition lens and Lindberg for under 900.

If below 1k still doable. I can recommend you a place and someone who I know to look for and probably can do for under 1k. Lmk if you are interested!

Hi Gangsterkia,

Do you have any places to recommend if I would like to get a new pair of spectacles: Lindberg frame (Allan 50) + Transitions (w blue light or drive protection)?

Degree is 200+.. Hoping to keep it within 900 if possible.. Thank you!

sgstab

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone going to make new specs recently, we may go tgr to share OWNDAYS 2nd pair 50% promo, do PM me, tks.
btw, I am always at jurong area.

sg_trader

Reaction score
Hi bro, I think it’s slightly tough to find a transition lens and Lindberg for under 900.

If below 1k still doable. I can recommend you a place and someone who I know to look for and probably can do for under 1k. Lmk if you are interested!

Hi bro, yes please - can intro your contact pls? :)

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hihi. Just to check aga aga what's the price for Transitions XtraActive Grey Tint Lens for sunglasses?

Also if want to add a blue mirror finishing, how much do I need to upsize?

Recently learnt about this new feature for shades and I'm fascinated :D

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

username.mak

Reaction score
Hoya Nulux V+

Hello,

Recently made specs with Hoya Nulux V+ lens with blue light control (myopia <600, astig <100). Promotion for free upgrade to V+.

The blue/purple seen in the lens while wearing the specs is annoying me. Is this supposed to be normal? Would not it be reflecting more blue light into my eyes instead (hence the purple reflection)?

Also, at night, the light from street lamps and car headlights become 'stars' (like *). Vision only becomes good when I try to stare (open eyes bigger and straining the eyes to become a little cross-eyed). Could this be happening because the degree is incorrect?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a few qns!

is your current frame quite broad?
Also the blue/purple that you see, is it constantly at the same angle/spot?
Did you check back with your practitioner to let them know about the light flares?

Hello,

Recently made specs with Hoya Nulux V+ lens with blue light control (myopia <600, astig <100). Promotion for free upgrade to V+.

The blue/purple seen in the lens while wearing the specs is annoying me. Is this supposed to be normal? Would not it be reflecting more blue light into my eyes instead (hence the purple reflection)?

Also, at night, the light from street lamps and car headlights become 'stars' (like *). Vision only becomes good when I try to stare (open eyes bigger and straining the eyes to become a little cross-eyed). Could this be happening because the degree is incorrect?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope, it acts as a sunglass for your current lenses. It doesn’t give you extra uv protection.

However transition lenses purely by themselves so cut/filter blue light too. Just a smaller % compared to blue filter lenses.

Is it important to have transition lens?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
370 onwards, blue mirror finishing...I am not aware that xtraActive can do with that.
XtraActive are like transitions, not dark all the time. Able to change in the car.

You might be referring to xperio which is polarised with brown/grey base colour and add on the emirror. 350 onwards.

Hihi. Just to check aga aga what's the price for Transitions XtraActive Grey Tint Lens for sunglasses?

Also if want to add a blue mirror finishing, how much do I need to upsize?

Recently learnt about this new feature for shades and I'm fascinated :D

Sent from A Young Urban Professional Who Is Highly Sought After By At Least 3 Companies - Telco, Utility And Credit Card using GAGT

Fookie@06

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Looking to replace lens on my current IC Berlin

Was quoted about $600 for Varilux 1.59 airware liberty 3, transition gen 8 with UV capture sapphire.

Degree about 300 - 125x100 - +150 for both sides.

I prefer blue cut and transition. Need your comments on pricing and options. Thank you

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
370 onwards, blue mirror finishing...I am not aware that xtraActive can do with that.
XtraActive are like transitions, not dark all the time. Able to change in the car.

You might be referring to xperio which is polarised with brown/grey base colour and add on the emirror. 350 onwards.

https://www.transitions.com/en-sg/products/

https://youtu.be/SEidKJ0ThkI

Based on what I see, it's possible. Quite unique.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Not possible at the moment. Essilor XtraActive can’t do that. Only in Uk and US. Region exclusive.

If you want transition plus mirror, look at hoya sensity shine.

Such lenses is not recommended. it will not turn as well as when you are in other countries due to Singapore weather.

https://www.transitions.com/en-sg/products/

https://youtu.be/SEidKJ0ThkI

Based on what I see, it's possible. Quite unique.

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not possible at the moment. Essilor XtraActive can&#146;t do that. Only in Uk and US. Region exclusive.

If you want transition plus mirror, look at hoya sensity shine.

Such lenses is not recommended. it will not turn as well as when you are in other countries due to Singapore weather.

Hmm, what do you mean won't turn out as well as when we are overseas?

The darkness won't be as strong as in SG due to the weather? We tropical = darker. Overseas less tropical = less dark?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Transition lenses are temperature sensitive too, thus warmer climate, it won’t turn to maximum potential darkness. Leading to the mirror transition effect will look half mirror half see through.

Not very aesthetically pleasing based on personal and cx response.

Hmm, what do you mean won't turn out as well as when we are overseas?

The darkness won't be as strong as in SG due to the weather? We tropical = darker. Overseas less tropical = less dark?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.