Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Announced!

jess_sy

Reaction score
After updating, seems like Samsung Health is no longer able to sync with the sideloaded Samsung Health monitor. Anyone has a workaround for this?

before updating, mine already doesn't sync the ecg with between both of the apps eh? Yours will?

if i click will open up Samsung Health monitor.

jess_sy

Reaction score
Guys pls take note
The watch is water resistant but that doesn't mean u can shower or swim with it

My galaxy watch (under warranty) just sent for service cos cannot power up
Samsung confirmed water corrosion inside
And they say need proof of purchase before they can escalate to Samsung mgmt for next course of action

Kns how can it be water resistant if water can get in and cause corrosion??

Anyway, pls do not swim or shower with it to minimise corrosion

Hmm you told them cause u swim or shower with it?

Here's the extract from the website:

"Galaxy Watch Active2 goes wherever you go with an IP68* and 5ATM** water and dust rating, plus military grade durability*** to handle a range of conditions. So you can keep it on to go further, and experience more.

*IP68 rating means that the device is protected against harmful ingress of dust, and of static fresh water at up to 1.5metres for up to 30 minutes, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary. Note: IP68 rating does not mean that the device is waterproof.

**The Galaxy Watch Active2 has a water resistance rating of 50 metres under the ISO standard 22810:2010, according to accredited test results; individual results may vary. It is not suitable for diving, water-skiing, or other activities involving high-velocity or high-pressure water activity. If the device gets wet, dry thoroughly. If your hands are wet, dry them thoroughly before handling the device.

***Tested to 12 MIL-STD-810G methods, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary .

https://www.samsung.com/sg/watches/...alaxy-watch-active2-44mm-pink-sm-r820nzdaxsp/

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes I can see the blood pressure and ECG record in Samsung Health. But after the update, that category is gone....anyone still can see it? Though I can still use it to measure blood pressure and ECG.
What about the spO2? Active 2 still not able to measure?

before updating, mine already doesn't sync the ecg with between both of the apps eh? Yours will?

if i click will open up Samsung Health monitor.

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, no issue with swimming with it. And I wash it after every run...very good watch up to this stage. Only thing is spO2 still not sure whether it can ever be used.

"Galaxy Watch Active2 goes wherever you go with an IP68* and 5ATM** water and dust rating, plus military grade durability*** to handle a range of conditions. So you can keep it on to go further, and experience more.

*IP68 rating means that the device is protected against harmful ingress of dust, and of static fresh water at up to 1.5metres for up to 30 minutes, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary. Note: IP68 rating does not mean that the device is waterproof.

**The Galaxy Watch Active2 has a water resistance rating of 50 metres under the ISO standard 22810:2010, according to accredited test results; individual results may vary. It is not suitable for diving, water-skiing, or other activities involving high-velocity or high-pressure water activity. If the device gets wet, dry thoroughly. If your hands are wet, dry them thoroughly before handling the device.

***Tested to 12 MIL-STD-810G methods, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary .

https://www.samsung.com/sg/watches/...alaxy-watch-active2-44mm-pink-sm-r820nzdaxsp/

jess_sy

Reaction score
Yes I can see the blood pressure and ECG record in Samsung Health. But after the update, that category is gone....anyone still can see it? Though I can still use it to measure blood pressure and ECG.
What about the spO2? Active 2 still not able to measure?

for my case still got ecg and blood pressure "card" in Samsung Health but it doesn't sync with Samsung Health monitor before or after updates still same :s22:

No spO2 yet but got VO2 analysis for running

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
Under the Samsung Health monitor Data, did you click on Sync and give it the permission? If you can see the card, you should. What about the version of your Samsung Health monitor? I saw there is a newer version but not sure if I update it, do I still have to calibrate the blood pressure measurement

for my case still got ecg and blood pressure "card" in Samsung Health but it doesn't sync with Samsung Health monitor before or after updates still same :s22:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I told them I shower with it....
Now they say must provide proof of receipt even though I bought it locally n watch is still under warranty
They say need the invoice to escalate to Samsung mgmt for instructions
WTF

jess_sy

Reaction score
Under the Samsung Health monitor Data, did you click on Sync and give it the permission? If you can see the card, you should. What about the version of your Samsung Health monitor? I saw there is a newer version but not sure if I update it, do I still have to calibrate the blood pressure measurement

just checked, it is on for sync... still not showing on Samsung Health after doing 1 blood pressure measurement.

My Samsung Health monitor version is 1.1.0.175Caravana

How about yours?

Anw need to calibrate the blood pressure measurement every 28 days also.

nuscape

Reaction score
Did u use one of those rubber casing for your watch and wear it while shower / swimming?

Sent from Samsung SM-N986B using GAGT

Streetwise

Reaction score

My ecg and BP is syncing with my Samsung note 9 health app. For SP02, it's on the phone health app under stress monitor. U will see the spo2 measurement when u open the stress measurement.

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't see SPO2. Can you take a screen shot and show us?

My ecg and BP is syncing with my Samsung note 9 health app. For SP02, it's on the phone health app under stress monitor. U will see the spo2 measurement when u open the stress measurement.

jlekssp

Master Member
Reaction score

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did u use one of those rubber casing for your watch and wear it while shower / swimming?

Sent from Samsung SM-N986B using GAGT

No
Anyway
I told Samsung that I misplaced the invoice and they told me I hv to pay $499 to service
Told them to F off

bluecrab

Reaction score
Guys pls take note

And they say need proof of purchase before they can escalate to Samsung mgmt for next course of action

I just have the same issue last weekend. went swimming and screen was not responsive after that. Reset it and now unable to power up. Not the first time i went swimming with it though. previous times were ok. in my case, the warranty just ended, so now contemplating if I should get another one. but the IP68 performance is making me think twice.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
I just have the same issue last weekend. went swimming and screen was not responsive after that. Reset it and now unable to power up. Not the first time i went swimming with it though. previous times were ok. in my case, the warranty just ended, so now contemplating if I should get another one. but the IP68 performance is making me think twice.

Guys pls take note

Just curious, was there a recent update on your watch before this issue happens?

lmf2501

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Folks, any idea where i can get this replaces? see liao heart pain

1Ha6A5Il.jpg

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Folks, any idea where i can get this replaces? see liao heart pain

1Ha6A5Il.jpg

Gg... Time for a new one.. looks like whole LCD screen needs to fix which will cost more for new one

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.