Good IMDA PSG grants laptop?

hardwaregone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who went through PIC claim before should know anytime they will audit and crawl back those $.

Especially our current finance minister. :(

Ikuzan

Reaction score
Nope, only when its approved then you can proceed to purchase so dont needa worry on that

Not true, you proceed to purchase after PSG application is approved. However, still need to submit claim after 1 month for approval before you can get back the 80% subsidy.

Depending on circumstances and/or checks by IMDA, there's a chance your claim might not be approved even after you made the purchase.

haans

Reaction score
Not true, you proceed to purchase after PSG application is approved. However, still need to submit claim after 1 month for approval before you can get back the 80% subsidy.

Depending on circumstances and/or checks by IMDA, there's a chance your claim might not be approved even after you made the purchase.

I am worried about this scheme as my vendor quoted me several hundreds more expensive in the quotation than what I could purchase online. So if the claim is not approved, I will be paying more for the laptops?

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya. was asking about the yoga 7. But no reply from flame2000 bro.

flame2000 can advise by who?

Thank you.

floodgate

Reaction score
anyone knows any vendor that provides hig end laptops with a good graphics card bundled? that can be used for graphic editing and engineering software? so far the laptops seemed to be more for entry level.

There's more than 1 vendor offering upgrade for thinkpads/ thinkbook.
Can get nvidia mx??? dGPU and i7

but
- i've only been checking out thinkpads, not familiar with other brands (maybe other brands also have something suitable for you too.
- the recent AMD models are supposed to be much "better" than the Intel ones. but AMD models are not available to us for PSG, afaik.
- the various MX dGPUs appear to be equivalent to desktop versions that are pretty weak, by 2020 standards.
- the claim process for an "upgrade" requires a few more steps.

try to talk to a vendor on the phone, if you need to understand the claim process for upgrades. a lot easier this way.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really cheap consider that the prices are marked up for outdated specs.

Don't jump into the M1 chip blindly, not everyone enjoys using macs.
I wonder if it's possible for have one apple 2 thinkpads.

Romance-embraced

Reaction score

Not possible, they only allow 1 model per application

bloodymiko

Reaction score
There's more than 1 vendor offering upgrade for thinkpads/ thinkbook.
Can get nvidia mx??? dGPU and i7

but
- i've only been checking out thinkpads, not familiar with other brands (maybe other brands also have something suitable for you too.
- the recent AMD models are supposed to be much "better" than the Intel ones. but AMD models are not available to us for PSG, afaik.
- the various MX dGPUs appear to be equivalent to desktop versions that are pretty weak, by 2020 standards.
- the claim process for an "upgrade" requires a few more steps.

try to talk to a vendor on the phone, if you need to understand the claim process for upgrades. a lot easier this way.

thinkpads are quite popular, I tried asking some vendors but they don't seem to provide upgrades. would you happen to know, can share more details or which vendor you happen to encounter provides such arrangements?

BluEsiGn

Reaction score
i've applied the grant on 20/11/20 but until now theres not news or update yet. maybe because going to end soon so alot ppl apply. so i suggest if anyone wants to apply maybe can apply 1st. not sure how long it takes to approve cuz the grant ends at 31/12/20.

i think for upgrade, after grant approve then discuss with your own vendor how you want to upgrade as its not involve in the grant and you have to ownself top up.

my application has just been approve on 18/12/20.

any one knows which is the best value for money upgrade? is it the T14 or anything new? i havent been checking recently.

abit excited though

Tombstonewan

Reaction score

If you can justify why need 1 Mac versus the rest doesn’t need ( real legit reason), then yeah by all means go ahead and try.

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
I saw the M1 chip Mac book price is at $1999 compare to $1299 from Apple store. So marked up of $700 n I don’t think there is any spec or warranty difference.

So you have to pay $499+$300 + $140 (GST). So around $940 ?

tamago_

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I saw the M1 chip Mac book price is at $1999 compare to $1299 from Apple store. So marked up of $700 n I don’t think there is any spec or warranty difference.

So you have to pay $499+$300 + $140 (GST). So around $940 ?
US$1,299 in the States before taxes. https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-inch
S$1,849 in Singapore after taxes. https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-inch

BwaySaiDonk

Banned
Reaction score
can employees of companies who are working remotely also make a claim?
company already provide a laptop
dont want to do anything wrong, but if allowed, i don't mind to get

SBS2716G

Master Member
Reaction score
US$1,299 in the States before taxes. https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-inch
S$1,849 in Singapore after taxes. https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-inch

Oh. Sorry. I was directed to the US website. No wonder the price look so low. But based on the price, still have to pay around $940 right ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.