Mate 40, last Huawei phone with Kirin CPU

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Assuming if mate 40 pro + is released in Singapore, it will probably take 4 months after mate 40 pro is officially sold here.

The difference in launch timings between p40 pro and p40 pro + was roughly around there too.

There is also a possibility it might not be released in Singapore due to the lack of kirin processors, so they might just focus on prc and Europe market.

By the time it does really come out, newer and better phones would have been released by other brands.

Might as well either stick to p40 pro + or mate 40 pro instead.

Posted from PCWX using GAGT

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

These are the 2 colours to be launched in Singapore.

Bw3SFTj.jpg

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-huawei-mate-40-pro-goes-sale-12-december-singapore

Posted from PCWX using GAGT

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

The Mate 40 Pro supports

- BT 5.2
- 32-bit/384kHz audio which makes it matches the Huawei Freebuds Studio headphone with L2HC hi-res codec
- WiFi6
- 5G sub6. Too bad NO mmWave support

flyingeagles

Reaction score
A new HW flagship phone was $1K 2 years ago.

Seemed like following apple/samsung trend of exorbitant flagship prices

banmao

Reaction score
Just bought Mate 40 pro But cannot install GMS

This is really a big issue that some government apps are using GMS which cannot be avioded. So far I saw all the methods from websites and none of them work.
Hense, those affected apps are, mytransport, healthhub, My M1 app etc. these are totally cannot run. Is there anyone who has the method to install GMS already?

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
just got the m40pro

Hi all, just a quick question.
I installed csr2 and honkai impact just to test out the graphics, it turns out the graphics looked damn bad. like 640x680, is it also due to GMS?

i've already set the display resolution to highest in the main phone settings...

Asphalt9 is the only game that looks good.
Honkai impact, CSR2, and some other games not comparable to mate20.
but 3dmarks looks good..
very strange

Last edited:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is really a big issue that some government apps are using GMS which cannot be avioded. So far I saw all the methods from websites and none of them work.
Hense, those affected apps are, mytransport, healthhub, My M1 app etc. these are totally cannot run. Is there anyone who has the method to install GMS already?

dude, you should have bought with your eyes open. Google can't support Huawei and it has been for a few months already.

even if there's a way to install GMS (sideload) i would not encourage given the increasing cyber threats like phishing and stuff. especially if you are using banking apps or stuff with personal info.

... that aside, i'm hoping once biden's officially us president, things will change...

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
dude, you should have bought with your eyes open. Google can't support Huawei and it has been for a few months already.

even if there's a way to install GMS (sideload) i would not encourage given the increasing cyber threats like phishing and stuff. especially if you are using banking apps or stuff with personal info.

... that aside, i'm hoping once biden's officially us president, things will change...
No, policy will not changed. China now is the biggest competitor to US. It has the biggest market, all kinds of natural resources which can control the whole world in the future if nothing is to be done.

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sorry to burst your bubble. I don't think Biden will do a U-turn.. Just be prepared for a 3rd mobile OS called Harmony. :D

Aion99

Reaction score
The Mate 40 Pro supports

- BT 5.2
- 32-bit/384kHz audio which makes it matches the Huawei Freebuds Studio headphone with L2HC hi-res codec
- WiFi6
- 5G sub6. Too bad NO mmWave support

Samsung Note 20 or IPHONE 12 got support mmWave? Do we need this?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.