Question about Malacca

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think you should cancel.:o

Hotel if you book thru agoda, within a period you can refund, after that period is 50% then can't refund. Check your booking confirmation.

Now not much cruise stop at melaka, so less tourist, so should be fine. For me, I will go. Just wear mask when you are in a crowd area.

cancel. cos if u get covid19 symptoms, u must be treated immediately. else in 5 days x u get pneumonia and in 6 days x , ur in ICU breathing thru a ventilator.

also, Msia health infrasture may not be as advance, well equipped or sufficient unlike Spore.

if die, die must go Malacca, make sure yr travel insurance cover ambulance trip back to SG

Book though direct hotel, cant cancel .
Estadia hotel

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cancel. cos if u get covid19 symptoms, u must be treated immediately. else in 5 days x u get pneumonia and in 6 days x , ur in ICU breathing thru a ventilator.

also, Msia health infrasture may not be as advance, well equipped or sufficient unlike Spore.

if die, die must go Malacca, make sure yr travel insurance cover ambulance trip back to SG

This is true. :o If not boleh land will throw you and isolate you yet providing you less than ideal treatment and possibly another medical bill if you ever manage to recover from their healthcare system. :o

sunsetbay

Reaction score

This is true. :o If not boleh land will throw you and isolate you yet providing you less than ideal treatment and possibly another medical bill if you ever manage to recover from their healthcare system. :o

wahlao~ you guys are implying once exposing to corona virus carrier, one will show symptom immediately & get warded~ actual fact is most cases only show mild symptoms several days later, by then you would hv come back in Sg~ even then if you had sought medical treatment in Sg, your GP would give you MC, rest & observe, not immediately treat~ mai spread mis-info~

if u hv symptom when you are at malacca, chances are that you got infected elsewhere & probably in Sg before you headed there~

having said that, im not encouraging chase79 to go~ if want to go, take some sensible measure~ if you drive over, i see not big as an issue as long maintain social distancing & keep out from indoor event~ :s22:

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which day do you guys usually drive up, and what time?

I've tried driving up around 6am on a Friday. Cleared custom fast, but problem was reached very early too. Cannot check in, can only leave the car at the car park and go walk around. Too early for many shops too.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

terence2112

Reaction score
Which day do you guys usually drive up, and what time?

I've tried driving up around 6am on a Friday. Cleared custom fast, but problem was reached very early too. Cannot check in, can only leave the car at the car park and go walk around. Too early for many shops too.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Left SG around 8, track jb around 9 plus. Eat at the mall, shop and then resume journey at 12. Reach malacca around 3, just nice to check in.

mummynew

Reaction score
Anyone gg melaka? Thinking tml or over weekend

Came back last week (via 707 coach)

Stayed Estadia (around $50+/night).

Didn't manage to go to Jonker St as didn't want to queue for popular food. Grab food or Panda delivery from more popular restaurants (like Nancy's Kitchen and Jonker 88) to hotel for dinners (delivery services were reliable with good GPS system). Other meals just walked around small streets and walked in during off-peak hours.

Streets felt safe even at night (I travelled solo).

Made cheap spectacles with a nice optician (about RM60 with astig and multicoat) and enjoyed good and cheap massage (RM50 for an hour of foot massage or RM120 for two hours body massage).

Overall an enjoyable trip.

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Makhota Parade money changers have closed down

Parking at MP requires a minimum of RM 20 balance in TnG card for entry (parking fee is about RM1 1st hour, RM3 for next 2 hrs)

Joncker Street was busy with tourist, many cars .. still can find parking a little further away

mummynew

Reaction score
wah good find, which optical shop is this? :eek:

It's in Mahkota Parade Mall (B1 of Parkson). Shop is Dr Spec. Optician Raymond is detailed and friendly (think he takes random off days as my brother went there and he was off).

Expect about 24 hours to collect the spec (if simple ones can collect within same day I think).

If want to add 'anti-blue light' will be additional RM100 (vs SGD100 if want to add in Singapore OwnDays optical shop).

*there is a bakery shop near the optical shop. The curry bun and croissant were nice (I grabbed a few of these to munch during my coach journey back as I had no time to take a proper lunch and pleasantly surprised they were delicious.)

mummynew

Reaction score

Yes.

The shop is just on the right when descending from the escalator to B1 of Parkson (departmental store).

Basically on the first day of my arrival, I went to the malls to comb for optical shops to check on prices and 'delivery date'. Most couldn't make it in time for my short stay and only Dr Specs can do next day collection.

I intended to make 2 sets (each set contains one long-sighted spec + one short-sighted spec). So I made the first set on Day 1, collected the next day and went back hotel to try (reading on my ipad + reading TV's subtitles). Finding both pairs good, then I returned to the shop to make the second identical set and collected it the next morning before my departure.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes.

The shop is just on the right when descending from the escalator to B1 of Parkson (departmental store).

Basically on the first day of my arrival, I went to the malls to comb for optical shops to check on prices and 'delivery date'. Most couldn't make it in time for my short stay and only Dr Specs can do next day collection.

I intended to make 2 sets (each set contains one long-sighted spec + one short-sighted spec). So I made the first set on Day 1, collected the next day and went back hotel to try (reading on my ipad + reading TV's subtitles). Finding both pairs good, then I returned to the shop to make the second identical set and collected it the next morning before my departure.
I'm a fan of Dr Specs. First got a pair from KSL JB and I think 3 or 4 pairs from there since, then also got a pair when one opened in Komtar JBCC. Staff are on the whole very friendly too.

Will definitely drop by their MP branch next time I'm in Melaka. (y)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.