HTC 5G Flagship Phone 2020

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing on YouTrip.

Just watched it. Looks so good! How has the last 10 hours been? :)

Sent from me using GAGT

Honestly, since the unboxing vid, all I did was to restore from U12+ and thats it. No time to play with the new phone. Waiting for the casing & screen protector before I start. But one thing I noticed......

As this is my 1st time seeing Android 10, and I understand there's no HTC Sense, restore managed to port over HTC wallpaper from U12+. Also, I can see some HTC DNA in A10, one obvious is the left swiped HIGHLIGHTS of newsfeed tailored to the user. It's started by HTC and now its in A10. Cool! For those not familiar with HTC might not know this.

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
x1SyrJ4.jpg

U20 now comes in Black!

Last edited:

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
Nice video ********* Welcome to the club *********

Sent from HTC U20 5G using GAGT

Hi Tomcool bro, did you use all stock apps or using 3rd app for camera or launcher? Now with HTC Sense gone, I kinda miss it. No longer have Pro features on the cam app.

For camera, U12+ still beats U20 on zooming & clarity (10x vs 8x) which is quite disappointing. However the normal near shots are good. Stock app has no stabiliser though.

TomCool

Reaction score
Hi Tomcool bro, did you use all stock apps or using 3rd app for camera or launcher? Now with HTC Sense gone, I kinda miss it. No longer have Pro features on the cam app.

For camera, U12+ still beats U20 on zooming & clarity (10x vs 8x) which is quite disappointing. However the normal near shots are good. Stock app has no stabiliser though.
I using the stock apps. Never use any third party ones at the moment

Sent from HTC U20 5G using GAGT

simply.90

Reaction score
Hi Simply.90 , I'm on Starhub

Sent from HTC U Ultra using GAGT
Nice. I remember during the U11 days VoLTE support was only extended to Singtel users on local firmware.

Hopefully when 5G goes beyond the trial period all these 5G-capable handsets can connect to the telcos' 5G network.

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
till now, how your exp with this phone? what are the shortcomings?

Happy New Year bro & everyone here!

It's been a month of use. So far so good :) Got used to the bigger screen & heavier weight.

Will do some user experience-reviews on the camera & some shortcomings (comparing to my HTC U12+). Will not touch on specifications since these are public available info.

Shortcomings:-

- Basic earphones given (lucky U12+ earphones can be used on U20)

- Lack HTC skin, almost Google stock except cam app (I think)

- Lack customisation on the G-launcher, limited launcher features compared to HTC Sense. Can't change fonts. I'm using Smart 5 launcher, which has been great. Needs some time to get used to.

- HTC Cam app lacked Pro features, can't do ISO, White balance, Shuttle speed etc. The cam app is similar to Gcam in features.

- HTC Cam app got no 1:1 ratio, only 8x zoom (forget about zooming very far objects with clarity). HTC U12+ wins with 10x zoom.

-HTC Cam app is short on warmth. Pictures turned out a tad paler than the real thing, compared to Gcam on Pixel 4a when I compared it at Challenger. Will show some examples later.

- Power button, although in metal gold, is too easy to press. I often accidentally shut down the phone.

- Only 1 speaker, sound quality loses out to U12+

HTC Camera app

- Features on the app is very similar to Google Pixel's app. Both do not possess PRO mode but Gcam wins on the availability of slider to zoom & brightness on screen. HTC must use touching the screen to get the exposure you prefer. However, HTC cam app lacks a little bit of warmth, about 30 marks on Google Photo post processing level. Hopefully next software upgrade can tweak this.

Here's one example -

SQdg9bM.jpg

Original photo

hGFSzSi.jpg

enhanced with added warmth to look nearer to reality

Night Mode

It is here that I suspect HTC Cam app is basically the same as Gcam.

6AjsEkb.jpg

Taken using HTC app - without Night Mode

L5DQJIt.jpg

Taken using HTC app - with Night Mode

8kOoqYn.jpg

Taken using Gcam - without Night Mode

Vdt5gdd.jpg

Taken using Gcam - with Night Mode

Last edited:

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
Here are some other images taken by U20 :D:D:D:-

nNuUgjx.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the paid Smart 5 launcher. Love the way it organises your apps for you.
HV6xIeb.png

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks bluedubsBB for your review.

you should do youtube review on this model; not much review haha. :s13:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder how HTC is at software updates these days. But the camera looks not too bad. :s13: It would be nice if HTC can make a proper comeback eventually. More options is always a good thing for consumers.

Taken by HTC U12+ stock cam still running Android 9.0. :s13:
9XzKpF9.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.