Working Shoe for Young Exec - Part 3

SoshiPrince

Reaction score
hello, new here.

I am looking for a black, minimalist sleek pair of oxfords mainly for professional working attire (got a new role in new coy!) with :
- budget of $350-$400
- non-elongated round cap toe
- higher heel aesthetic (about 32mm - >1.5inch/35mm)

A close ideal would the the Vass oxfords in F last.

I would kindly like to receive recommendations from the enthusiasts here.
Should I consider MTO? Thank you all.

rowrowroyce

Banned
Reaction score
hello, new here.

I am looking for a black, minimalist sleek pair of oxfords mainly for professional working attire (got a new role in new coy!) with :
- budget of $350-$400

If you have 35-400 bro, I think you can go look at Armani. A few hundred, Hugo.

spencert

Reaction score
hello, new here.

- budget of $350-$400

https://www.yeossal.com/collections/tlb-mallorca-rtw-collection

https://www.yeossal.com/collections/tlb-mallorca-artista-collection

Hungry kid

Reaction score
hello, new here.

- budget of $350-$400

Can try septieme largeur. Their oxfords are somewhere around 275 euros and for the workmanship i think is a good deal.

archangle13

Reaction score
Anyone knows if Saint Crispin's shoes are in Singapore? Googling didn't exactly direct me to shops with websites that clearly show they carry the brand right now.

kennyleo

Reaction score
Hi there,

Looking for suggestions on good leather shoes for work. Tried Aldo, Pedro etc but dont seem to last long

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Looking for suggestions on good leather shoes for work. Tried Aldo, Pedro etc but dont seem to last long

These are cemented shoes.

Buy some stitched shoes, preferable Goodyear welt. Look at the first page of this thread for recommendations

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

i find tricker's bourton leather shoes not bad but a little bit pricey should be slightly $400 above when there is a sale but don't seems like anyone here have any. haha:s12::s12:
they are a bit on the heavier side as these are large welted english made shoes. I find edward green, CJ hand made, etc too expensive should be about $1k for CJ while Edward green can cross over to > $1k per pair. I think buying a few pair of tricker or joseph cheaney for rotation is much wiser than having just 1 pair of exceptional quality shoe. Haha of course, if you are a true shoe lover with a lot to spend, i suggest you can get alden, cj hand made or edward green...

Last edited:

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Duke and Dexter has some good sale now. Up to 60%.. Add welcome10 to get another 10% off.

Free express shipping to SG.

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw that Edward green Dover suede is selling @ S $1.2k at mr Porter
Worth to get? How much it is retailing previously
Got additional promo code to bring down price further?

spencert

Reaction score
I saw that Edward green Dover suede is selling @ S $1.2k at mr Porter
Worth to get? How much it is retailing previously
Got additional promo code to bring down price further?

For that money to get a GWC, you would probably be better off with Antonio Meccariello GMTO Unlined Centurion \Capri Collection (handwelted): https://www.meccarielloshoes.it/product/unlined-centurion-capri-collection-handmade-handwelted/

Other AM collections: https://www.meccarielloshoes.it/product-category/ready-to-wear/

kookiecorgi

Reaction score
Hi! i am actually quite new to wearing office wear to work. Pedro shoes really suck in terms of comfortability.

is there any affordable brands for black and brown shoe with timeless design for young working exec. haha

not affordable nvm at least i won't complain walking in them can already:s13:

theblueark

Reaction score
Hi! i am actually quite new to wearing office wear to work. Pedro shoes really suck in terms of comfortability.

is there any affordable brands for black and brown shoe with timeless design for young working exec. haha

not affordable nvm at least i won't complain walking in them can already:s13:

Earnest and Collective has the best under $150 cemented (glued on sole) options.

They hold pop ups every once in a while if you want to try them on in person.

For mall options Aldo is better than Pedro. But for the same price you'd do much better at E&C.

If you're ready to spend more and enter the world of stitched shoes, I believe CNES is the cheapest locally available option now.

kelvinpooh

Reaction score
Anyone tried CNES shoes before? Are they good?

CNES shoes are good value. If you are not into shoes try their blake stitched collection. Much better than the Aldo, Pedro, Ecco often mention here.

Their Goodyear welt, well I would rather upgrade abit to AM from Yesseol or any online Herring shoes. But frankly its again good value for GYW shoes.

BiomedicalPasta

Master Member
Reaction score
Who tried Ecco as work shoe? Heard its good but still a bit ex? Clarks better?

It was good for me. Wore them in the past. Very comfortable but, can last me 1 year. I wore it daily and didn't take care (polish) of it. End up color fade and crocodiled.

Design not very nice though, abit too rounded in front.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It was good for me. Wore them in the past. Very comfortable but, can last me 1 year. I wore it daily and didn't take care (polish) of it. End up color fade and crocodiled.

Design not very nice though, abit too rounded in front.
To be honest I used to wear cemented shoes also and they lasted 1 year at most even with a lot of care. My cheap GYW shoes which costs $300-ish refuse to spoil even after 5 years of trashing about.

Save a little and get something with better value!

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

tragic_mouse

Reaction score
Hi all,

I really don’t have much experience with shoes. I wear E&C cement shoes for work now. I used to wear RW Beckmans and Iron Rangers as far as GYW goes. These days i live in chucks 70s and Luna sandals cuz i run nearly barefoot. So my shoe care was always Obenaufs...lots of it. i’m a raw denim kind of guy you see...

So i am researching this forum because my wife and family just gifted me a pair of Aldens and i am getting a ton of information overload. i was reading a very old post by Striker that he does not recommend metal taps. And some people here topy or vibram a layer.

I think climate plays a part and how we rotate. Assuming that i will walk a lot and i will wear them quite a bit, i’m seeking recommendations, please.

initially i am thinking of just wear them, and if the toe gets worn out i will put on a toe cap, but i’m not so sure now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.