The Hair Thread - Part 5

ChaosDingo

Reaction score
Any advice on how come when I shower my scalp will itch like donno what but the moment I come out and blow dry my hair the itch starts to subside?

Initially guess it's the shampoo(I used clear men) so I changed to sebamed soap free intense hydration but still same...

Also adjusted water temp down (I like it hot) to no avail.

The weirdest thing is inspection shows no redness or patches, I oso don't have dandruff. Even doctor ask me is my itch psychological in nature. lololol.

Now I just worried its a more serious case like hyperthyroidism (my ex gf has it).

On the same topic any good lotion or oil for dry / sensitive scalp?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, what is pre styler ? can recommend the brand. For the seasalt spray, i heard it is good but what brand u will recommend?

Pre-styling products are used before main styling (i.e. with wax or clay). Examples of pre-stylers are seasalt spray (SSS), hair powder, powder shake (hybrid product containing SSS and hair powder). In some instances, some people do use hair moisturizing cream as pre-styler too for a casual look.

If you're starting off with SSS, one option is OS Fashion Sea Spray which many bros in this community have used / currently using.
Disclaimer: I am carrying this product and done so since 2013 when ThePrettyJerk (TPJ) was started. So of course, there are many other brands out there for you to consider. Do feel free to look around.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any hair mask and/or hair treatment to recommend?

Currently, I'm using the Kose and Diane one! Looking for others to try out as well!=:p

If you're looking for a product to nourish and hydrate your hair, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce Korial Vitamin Booster to you. But putting things at the forefront first, I am selling this myself. But my verdict of this product doesn't change nonetheless. Like many others out there, I coloured and permed my hair. And everytime w/o fail, I use Korial Vitamin Booster after these treatments when I reached home (salon treatments are far too expensive, let alone for a guy). The results are very visible and can be seen as early as the next morning. So yes, this product can and should be 1 of your options to look at.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any products to recommend for pomade or wax? For daily use at the office, just to look tidy and not unkempt

You can take a look at this page. To look neat and tidy and groomed, that's the fundamental purpose of all hair wax and clay. However, whether that product is effective at achieving your objective, lies on the properties of the product and how well its compatibility.

As a start, you need to understand what you need vs what you have (i.e. your current hair length, fine or coarse hair, thin or thick hair etc).

1. If you're looking for something w strong hold (because of your longer hair length, heavier/thicker hair etc), then you may like to consider Indians Extra Strong Molding Clay.

2. If you do not need strong hold, then 90degs botanical wax may be a suitable option.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And in the spirit of the upcoming holidays, just sharing w the community here as well. Some may find it useful but others may not. But intention is purely to share only. Admittedly, my participation here has not been regular, so my apologies on this. But do feel free to text me anytime :)

xmas_Banner-promo-1.jpg

xmas_Banner-100-promo-1.jpg

iamkira

Reaction score
Pre-styling products are used before main styling (i.e. with wax or clay). Examples of pre-stylers are seasalt spray (SSS), hair powder, powder shake (hybrid product containing SSS and hair powder). In some instances, some people do use hair moisturizing cream as pre-styler too for a casual look.

If you're starting off with SSS, one option is OS Fashion Sea Spray which many bros in this community have used / currently using.
Disclaimer: I am carrying this product and done so since 2013 when ThePrettyJerk (TPJ) was started. So of course, there are many other brands out there for you to consider. Do feel free to look around.

do u have a shopee shop?

cutthroat

Reaction score
Anyone knows any retail outlets that sell By Vilain? I need to get a tub but can’t afford to wait for delivery as the coming days gonna be PH and weekend and I need a tub fairly urgently else xmas I go out my hair gonna look it got nuked by N.Korea

Jxoppa

Reaction score
Anyone knows any retail outlets that sell By Vilain? I need to get a tub but can’t afford to wait for delivery as the coming days gonna be PH and weekend and I need a tub fairly urgently else xmas I go out my hair gonna look it got nuked by N.Korea
I saw some at tangs Vivo

sinkiedk

Master Member
Reaction score
Taring hair wax from which brand and made in which country?

You can take a look at this page. To look neat and tidy and groomed, that's the fundamental purpose of all hair wax and clay. However, whether that product is effective at achieving your objective, lies on the properties of the product and how well its compatibility.

As a start, you need to understand what you need vs what you have (i.e. your current hair length, fine or coarse hair, thin or thick hair etc).

1. If you're looking for something w strong hold (because of your longer hair length, heavier/thicker hair etc), then you may like to consider Indians Extra Strong Molding Clay.

2. If you do not need strong hold, then 90degs botanical wax may be a suitable option.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bro, Indian molding clay, smell how arh? :s11:

Smell compare to Uevo Grey.

Uchronia

Reaction score
Hi guys, any recommended product similar to Morris Motley as my hair is very thin, straight and flat.
My old version of Morris motley is finishing soon and I love the matte look, light weight, volumizing effect and non oily feel after using it.
I decided to change after reading that it is no longer the same as before, hence I hope to get some recommendation from you guys.
Thanks in advance.

soilwork

Reaction score
Hi guys, any recommended product similar to Morris Motley as my hair is very thin, straight and flat.
My old version of Morris motley is finishing soon and I love the matte look, light weight, volumizing effect and non oily feel after using it.
I decided to change after reading that it is no longer the same as before, hence I hope to get some recommendation from you guys.
Thanks in advance.

My hair is thin straight and flat as well. I used firsthand supply water based pomade but I think the new name is all purpose pomade. So far still loving it after 2 years

blzy333

Reaction score
I’ve moved from MM to templeton tonics (slightly on the wet side for me with this product) and now to Firsthand clay pomade (pink bottle).

On my 3rd jar of it and still happy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.