Anyone here staying in 2 room BTO?

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I grow quite a lot of plants at the moment. New place might not have the right location and space.

One plant i really like to beautify and at the same time do some cleansing is the asparagus fern. Mine grew from seed and is years old.

My colleague suggest to grow Mother in law tongue.

Langrisser999

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I grow quite a lot of plants at the moment. New place might not have the right location and space.

One plant i really like to beautify and at the same time do some cleansing is the asparagus fern. Mine grew from seed and is years old.

The last plant I kept was the Japanese moss ball but die within 3 weeks. In the past keep alot of cactus also all die within 2 weeks. But I will try again when I move to my house as I believe there will be more sunlight at my bto.

KenQuek

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last plant I kept was the Japanese moss ball but die within 3 weeks. In the past keep alot of cactus also all die within 2 weeks. But I will try again when I move to my house as I believe there will be more sunlight at my bto.

Oh i have lots of cactus but am afraid i will have to give up most of them. You watered too much i think. Even if you do not water cactus at all they can survive months.

Singapore is too warm for moss ball, they turn yellow then brown and kaput. Cannot expose to direct sun too. Good to have only if you have an aquarium with chiller or office with aircon running most of the time.

Langrisser999

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh i have lots of cactus but am afraid i will have to give up most of them. You watered too much i think. Even if you do not water cactus at all they can survive months.

Singapore is too warm for moss ball, they turn yellow then brown and kaput. Cannot expose to direct sun too. Good to have only if you have an aquarium with chiller or office with aircon running most of the time.

haha yes I overwater them, I though to keep them like money plant..:D

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can’t find the YouTube video/channel

SG is so small. When selecting a BTO flat, you either face some blocks (seeing someone's living and bedrooms) or roads/expressway (for unblock views). Unless you are super lucky that your BTO faces a park. I have read comments by owners (see smart home in BJ on YouTube. He is on high floor though) whose flats faced expressway that it is quiet when windows are shut. The flat of the video by the 2-room BTO guy is 30-50m from TPE.

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course the earlier one will come first. But you said your queue for Woodlands 127X right, most likely even if come to your turn also left those unwanted ones.

A bit tough, good location lousy unit or ok location good unit and also cheaper.
Woodlands one come first appt in early Feb.

Firstclass1188

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lemonfridge-Studio-Bukit-Batok-French-Modern-Theme-1.jpg

HDB-Fernvale-River-Walk-2-Room-Apartment-47-sqm-Living-Room-HDRI1.jpg

3nobleinterior_sembawangcrescent_living-vlg.jpg

look comfortable and cozy
why people say not good
It is very comfortable and cozy for singles

Sent from Corp Pass, SingPass, I'm not stupid, I'm not old. using GAGT

tank_t

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first picture knock down wall.

2nd picture look super cramp

last picture maybe make the living room bigger.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first picture knock down wall.

2nd picture look super cramp

last picture maybe make the living room bigger.

Don't be fooled by photos provided by a commercial source.

Good photoshop skills and wide angle camera lense can do wonders lah. :s13:

techiesus

Reaction score
i wanted to get champion bliss, but all the leftover units are really not what i like.

i know alot of ppl say cannot be choosy. urbanville still has alot of units left due to the high dropout rate.

like to ask everyone.... is urbanville a no brainer to get since i have the hdb appt? or should wait for sembawang sunsails (my number is 4xx out of 220 units) ?

urbanville is centralized and all, but the wait is 7yrs. and it's alot more expensive.
if give up woodlands plot, i will be taking a risk to hope for hdb appt with sembawang sunsails. i prefer the unit layout for sun sails and the $$$$. the location is ok only and there will be a new exit to the expressway built

so headache

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wanted to get champion bliss, but all the leftover units are really not what i like.

i know alot of ppl say cannot be choosy. urbanville still has alot of units left due to the high dropout rate.

like to ask everyone.... is urbanville a no brainer to get since i have the hdb appt? or should wait for sembawang sunsails (my number is 4xx out of 220 units) ?

urbanville is centralized and all, but the wait is 7yrs. and it's alot more expensive.
if give up woodlands plot, i will be taking a risk to hope for hdb appt with sembawang sunsails. i prefer the unit layout for sun sails and the $$$$. the location is ok only and there will be a new exit to the expressway built

so headache
Too bad I can't donate my q no. 6x to u for SS.
Why not UV u choose a lower floor within your budget? The 6-7 yrs waiting can't be help due to covid. Also, if u dun mind the size, have u consider type 1 which is cheaper but of coz smaller.
I kind of agree SS layout is more squarish and neater than UV.

Last edited:

techiesus

Reaction score
you prefer urbanville?

the noise level is quite high. esp facing causeway point. i think there will be a future shopping centre built just right infront. something like how tampines is like..3 shopping centres in 1 a big area.

so if 2nd or 3rd floor, can hear ppl talking when they walk by. thts why i'm aiming at mid floor

7yrs is a long wait, by then i would have more money in cpf. and may not need to loan as much when the date draws nearer also?

haha, the smaller unit is too small for me in mental sense. the bigger type 2 is just nice.

Too bad I can't donate my q no. 6x to u for SS.
Why not UV u choose a lower floor within your budget? The 6-7 yrs waiting can't be help due to covid. Also, if u dun mind the size, have u consider type 1 which is cheaper but of coz smaller.
I kind of agree SS layout is more squarish and neater than UV.

Sumimasen

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you prefer urbanville?

the noise level is quite high. esp facing causeway point. i think there will be a future shopping centre built just right infront. something like how tampines is like..3 shopping centres in 1 a big area.

so if 2nd or 3rd floor, can hear ppl talking when they walk by. thts why i'm aiming at mid floor

7yrs is a long wait, by then i would have more money in cpf. and may not need to loan as much when the date draws nearer also?

haha, the smaller unit is too small for me in mental sense. the bigger type 2 is just nice.
Actually since beginning I dun mind champions also...if there are units available (not layout C) will take coz shorter waiting time.
Agree UV very dense. But that's life u have to make a decision on what's imperfect yet available to u. If by my turn no more bigger size one, I also have to choose SS.
Btw, have u consider resale 3rm? I browse less than 300k can find. Then u slowly pay lor. Can rent out one room also.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you prefer urbanville?

I supose UV still got high floor ba... Can choose facing away causeway point but kena west sun

Sent from OnePlus KB2000 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.