~Porter Japan Official Thread~

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Recently use the World Shipping service on porter site.

Quite fast & good. :s12:

Bought a tote bag. :s12:

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got one bag from amaxon jp last month. Soon after the prices are adjusted across the board

senocs

Reaction score
For those of you using Buyee to forward items from Japan, BEWARE of using the shipping method by this company called ECMS. I bought some items from Japan using Buyee and chose ECMS, seeing that their rates were very competitive. Buyee shipped fast and handed over to ECMS, and Buyee notified that the package was shipped.

However, a few days later, I suddenly received many text messages from this company in Singapore called ‘Union Air Freight’ and asking me to pay GST. I initially thought it was a scam as I paid for shipping with ECMS and was surprised another company called me up. So I called ECMS customer service, and they said they were not aware of any company called Union Air Freight.

I then asked Union Air Freight who they were, and they provided me a tracking number which matched that given to me by Buyee. They also said that if I don’t pay the GST, then they can’t hand over the package to Ninja Van! So there are 3 companies I was dealing with! I paid for shipping by ECMS, but 2 other companies Union Air Freight and Ninja Van pop up?

I then found the number for Ninja Van customer service and called them up, and guess what, they said that no GST was payable on my package, they told me not to pay it as “it was very likely a scam” and they had never even heard of this company Union Air Freight.

I was so frustrated. Left with no choice, I called up the number that Union Air Freight used to text me, and after providing me some details which helped me verify that they indeed were handling my package, I guessed that they were not a scam.

I then indicated I wanted to pay and asked for the amount – but there was the 2nd shock! This company wanted $75 in customs brokerage agent fees and ‘permit’ fees! It was not the first time I received packages from overseas that incurred GST, but $75 was ridiculously high and basically daylight robbery (FedEx only charges $12 for customer brokerage fee). But Union Air Freight said that this was their charge, take it or leave it or they would send the package back to Japan.

So I basically held at ransom, to either pay the ridiculous brokerage/permit fees, or risk my package sent back to Japan. In the end, I had no choice but to pay.

And so I just wanted to share my CUSTOMER BEWARE message on here, don’t use ECMS under any circumstances – you will have multiple companies handling your package, and on top of that be held at ransom with ridiculous customer brokerage/agent fees which were not stated upfront by Buyee to the customer.

amoro123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those of you using Buyee to forward items from Japan, BEWARE of using the shipping method by this company called ECMS. I bought some items from Japan using Buyee and chose ECMS, seeing that their rates were very competitive. Buyee shipped fast and handed over to ECMS, and Buyee notified that the package was shipped.
However, a few days later, I suddenly received many text messages from this company in Singapore called ‘Union Air Freight’ and asking me to pay GST. I initially thought it was a scam as I paid for shipping with ECMS and was surprised another company called me up. So I called ECMS customer service, and they said they were not aware of any company called Union Air Freight.
I then asked Union Air Freight who they were, and they provided me a tracking number which matched that given to me by Buyee. They also said that if I don’t pay the GST, then they can’t hand over the package to Ninja Van! So there are 3 companies I was dealing with! I paid for shipping by ECMS, but 2 other companies Union Air Freight and Ninja Van pop up?
I then found the number for Ninja Van customer service and called them up, and guess what, they said that no GST was payable on my package, they told me not to pay it as “it was very likely a scam” and they had never even heard of this company Union Air Freight.
I was so frustrated. Left with no choice, I called up the number that Union Air Freight used to text me, and after providing me some details which helped me verify that they indeed were handling my package, I guessed that they were not a scam.
I then indicated I wanted to pay and asked for the amount – but there was the 2nd shock! This company wanted $75 in customs brokerage agent fees and ‘permit’ fees! It was not the first time I received packages from overseas that incurred GST, but $75 was ridiculously high and basically daylight robbery (FedEx only charges $12 for customer brokerage fee). But Union Air Freight said that this was their charge, take it or leave it or they would send the package back to Japan.
So I basically held at ransom, to either pay the ridiculous brokerage/permit fees, or risk my package sent back to Japan. In the end, I had no choice but to pay.
And so I just wanted to share my CUSTOMER BEWARE message on here, don’t use ECMS under any circumstances – you will have multiple companies handling your package, and on top of that be held at ransom with ridiculous customer brokerage/agent fees which were not stated upfront by Buyee to the customer.

hmmmm, u got Google this coy or not.

GST is payable for goods value above SDG $400, via flight.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah this thread still alive hahaha

just got a 2 way tanker briefcase at 380 including shipping... cheaper than porter site

for the brokerage fee i do encounter also when i purchase stuff from amazon and it cost 400 and above.

Amazon pricing will include the GST and tax but u need to pay like 90 for me to process the duty permit.

and yes they say is normal and u have to pay....but this was not stated clearly from amazon....

for some gst they dun charge u buy the shipping process company i singapore will ask u for it like Singpost and speed post

Geeezz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sho ish this scam or legit?

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find that porter quite low class brand. Porter is some one working as a bag carrier in hotel etc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.