AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

feeltherain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Legion 5 Pro looks like a winner. The pre-configured model is impressive and priced very competitively after discount code :D

I don't think so. For that price, there are better options. I bought Legion 5 last year, and its performance is just meh.

feeltherain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly.... And to top if off QHD with 165hz display. No fight liao

Sent from Samsung Note20U [SD]™ using GAGT

I would actually appreciate it if they dedicate more focus on the Lenovo Z6 Pro. It's got great specs but the UI could be improved significantly.

feeltherain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery optimization should be fine as they have tuned up on the software and make battery size bigger, competition will be heating up between lenovo legion and Asus rog 3.

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. For that price, there are better options. I bought Legion 5 last year, and its performance is just meh.

I beg to defer . Beside performance you mention

Where to find at $1800 with rtx 3070 , ryzen 7 5800H , 16inch QHD 165HZ 500NIT display , 80w battery ?

feeltherain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lenovo Legion 5 manages to bring to the table is solid gaming performance without really having to compromise on refresh rate or resolution. This is true for the Forza Horizon 4 game in particular, which looks gorgeous with the very detailed landscape, but also doesn’t need you to turn down the resolution and quality settings.

feeltherain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I beg to defer . Beside performance you mention

Where to find at $1800 with rtx 3070 , ryzen 7 5800H , 16inch QHD 165HZ 500NIT display , 80w battery ?

Higher tier RTX 3070 graphics will make it into the Legion 5 Pro models, as suggested by the fact that these ship with a 230W power brick by default. The 5 Pro is also slightly thicker and gets a quad-fan thermal design, paired with Lenovo’s new Legion AI Engine, an AI optimized software suite that dynamically juggles the CPU/GPU power-settings in order to improve the performance in AAA games (this software package will be available across the entire 2021 Legion lineup). Gigabyte have been using similar AI features in their laptops, not to the greatest success, though, and I wonder what Lenovo were able to achieve here, with their much heftier R&D budget.

feeltherain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What Lenovo can improve on:

An SD card reader and Thunderbolt would have been nice
Poor webcam quality
It’s eerily similar to the more affordable IdeaPad Gaming 3

I also wish Lenovo had included something else in addition here, like a Thunderbolt 3 port, to make the jump up more rewarding.

Alas, the RTX 2060 turns it into an excellent midrange machine. If you’re confused about the many graphics chip options on the market, this is the one to aim for if you don’t want to do much fiddling with the graphics settings in games.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What Lenovo can improve on:

An SD card reader and Thunderbolt would have been nice
Poor webcam quality
It’s eerily similar to the more affordable IdeaPad Gaming 3

I also wish Lenovo had included something else in addition here, like a Thunderbolt 3 port, to make the jump up more rewarding.

Alas, the RTX 2060 turns it into an excellent midrange machine. If you’re confused about the many graphics chip options on the market, this is the one to aim for if you don’t want to do much fiddling with the graphics settings in games.

RTX 2060 midrange

Posted from PCWX using A simple life, not a simple thing 🙏🏻

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow. I order legion 5 pro yesterday. Today got shipping notification liao! They say 2 to 3 days is real!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.