Reservist Matters

desmond_yee1

Banned
Reaction score
Completed my HK ICT back in Feb. Let me share abit..

1st day in-pro at 12pm, immediately go for swab test. Then assign bunk and do nothing until RO. 2nd day was 1/2 day afternoon home based learning, so went back after lunch. Day 3 was technical handling and IPPT. I'm IPPT eligible, but i didn't want to take, so i was allowed to not take IPPT. Day 4 was SOFUN. Day 5 was Force Prep. That was week 1 already. We already know that the following week's Mon to Wed is stay in, so most of the items already brought to camp by Friday.

Come monday, another swab test. Then force prep. Tue move out for field training. Wed afternoon came back to camp. Send arms, shower and settle platoon level stores. Thur clean weapons and settle company level stores. Fri send bunk and out-pro.

Overall quite a lepak HK ICT. Alot of moving about though. I managed to clock 10k steps daily during ICT.

Looking forward to next year's HK ICT. 3D2N outfield. Also my final year. Hopefully.

combat or combat support unit?

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Within a work year, if you take only IPPT and nothing else, is that year considered an ORNS year?
Some people said it's not, and I also couldn't find it clearly on NS website. Appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.
Thanks!
As long as got SAF100, means counted as an ORNS year.

Sent from . using GAGT

cantona81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Within a work year, if you take only IPPT and nothing else, is that year considered an ORNS year?
Some people said it's not, and I also couldn't find it clearly on NS website. Appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.
Thanks!
Yes, it is.

clayghost

Reaction score
Can you show us the email?

HK or LK all require SAF100 de.

Sent from . using GAGT

Edit, I think don't share email better else I kenna lol. You can email and ask for your own records purposes.
Below is similar to what I received

https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/home/nstopics/orns/article/overview-orns/types-orns-activities

Last edited:

bright_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. If its just IPPT, usually its book by yourself instead of unit. So its not counted as 1 of your reservist cycles.

Sent from . using GAGT
Participating in any reservist activity during the work year counts towards orns.

There is no low key quota. It's 7 high key and 10 orns.

Doubledge

Reaction score
I went back for reservist 2 months ago and we were grouped as 'functional group' (A platoon is in the same functional group) and we are not supposed to interact with people from other functional groups.

Also we need to have swab test once per week. For the 1st swab test it will be done during inpro.

For accommodation wise we were spreaded out. Some will have their bunks in other buildings with empty bunks within the camp instead of all being housed in the reservist training centre's bunks. Also we cannot change bunks as we liked last time.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As normal last time is 10, so now will be? Will appreciate yr answer
When I went back last yr Dec, max is 10 in the biggest room. But the whole bunk room is only segregated by some human-height walls, it is still practically ~30 ppl sharing one big room. Bed spacing is width of the cabinet.

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As normal last time is 10, so now will be? Will appreciate yr answer

All I can say is there is no 'distancing' (i.e alternate beds should be unoccupied) so everything will be as per normal.

Not sure about other camps but for Sungei Gedong ABGTC/CTTC there are various sizes of bunks from 5 beds to 22 beds. (those 11 bed bunks are inter-connected)

Letsgeta

Reaction score
i have just been posted to 61 cssb as a TO. Anyone knows what to expect during my reservist and hows the unit like?

THFC78

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have just been posted to 61 cssb as a TO. Anyone knows what to expect during my reservist and hows the unit like?
For HK ICT, first week you will go back for vehicle refresher training and prep vehicle for outfield, after that report back to your company for outfield in the 2nd week

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.