Chromecast with google tv 2020

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry I just installed chromecast and googl tv... I subscribed to tvbanywhere+ through android play store. How do I cast it using chromecast?

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry I just installed chromecast and googl tv... I subscribed to tvbanywhere+ through android play store. How do I cast it using chromecast?

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2

No Casting. You need to install the app on the Chromecast 2020 (or your Android TV OS based smart TV) and activate it.

Actually it may support Miracast if you have the subscription but not Chromecast. Miracast is not good but that is the workaround for Samsung TVs.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Viu not working also. Although can cast from phone.

Casting from mobile using Chromecast feature is the official way to use Viu under Android TV OS devices. You need to have Viu Premium subscription.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Other than SingTel Cast, the reports here seem to match what Mi Box S can do. Not so sure about SingTel TV Go. I can use both apps directly on my Mi Box S and no need to cast from phone.

MeWach : you have to cast from mobile phone

Starhub TV+: you have to cast from mobile phone

TVB Anywhere+: works on the device, no Chromecast

Nanonited

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to check, does chromecast 2020 support disney plus?

Also is it worth it to buy this over mibox s if im currently using a old android box MiniX that i bought 4-5 yrs ago? It can also sideload apps like the android box?

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Also is it worth it to buy this over mibox s if im currently using a old android box MiniX that i bought 4-5 yrs ago? It can also sideload apps like the android box?

Yes it supports disney+. Currently can watch ultra HD 4k but some compatibility issue with higher codecs like dolby vision and atmos.

Personally I think it is worth it.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure about sideloading but it's better than the mibox s. I switched from mibox s to this. Much more responsive device. For my mibox s, it always hang after a few days and I have to hard reset to make it work again.

In addition mibox s doesn't show Chromecast when it's turned off. Google TV will show

yperic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since chromecast with google tv is not selling in Spore all buying online let say if the chromecast spoiler how to claim warranty.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Since chromecast with google tv is not selling in Spore all buying online let say if the chromecast spoiler how to claim warranty.

Some offer 7 days one to one exchange. U gotta check with the sellers.

repetit

Reaction score
Can i check for those who have gotten the Chromecast w Google TV, does it populate personalized things on your home screen based on your viewing behavior? (eg. Recommendations like new shows, watchlist, trending on google etc)

And how's the general experience like so far? More hits than misses? Any thing that are more useful functionally on than just streaming?

Kiddream

Master Member
Reaction score
It will recommend shows to you in the homepage, but you need a VPN for it to work. Because Singapore is not in the supported market. It only works when I connect my VPN to US.

ardneh

Reaction score
For those who get this and play some game. What game controller do you use it with? And how much would it be?
Thanks

repetit

Reaction score
It will recommend shows to you in the homepage, but you need a VPN for it to work. Because Singapore is not in the supported market. It only works when I connect my VPN to US.

Oh that's a bummer, thanks for sharing the info though. It was one of the features i was looking forward to actually, although not critical. Hopefully when they release it in Singapore in the future, this support would be provided through their software or OS.

Not sure how's the performance also if games were streamed wirelessly to the TV (Eg. gaming laptop as host and streamed wirelessly over chromecast googletv). Perhaps, i'll try looking at youtube reviews to see if there's anything covered on that.

Youtube has a few videos covering the review of the device and it seems good, although most of them are based on usage in USA.

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who get this and play some game. What game controller do you use it with? And how much would it be?
Thanks

Apparently Xbox and PS controllers can be connected to the new chromecast via BT

yperic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just get my Chromecast with google tv today very happy with the item now i can watch all my show on my tv.

yperic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come meWATCH app is not on Chromecast with google tv.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.