SIM UOL students lip lais! - Part 10

cryingfish

Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone here have A grade model essays for BMGC and Strategy and is willing to share for free?

swamps14

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. doing year 1 Bsc Econ

I have a few questions- really appreciate it if anyone could help!
1. since exams are around the corner, could any seniors share some advice/tips on how to study for modules- intro to icons, pbf, math 1, stats 1, math2 and stats 2?

2. is ESAP a 200 or a 300 level module?

3. What are the criteria to pass on to the next year ie year 2? like how many modules to pass etc

Please, any inputs will be highly appreciated. help a sis lolol sorry for the random questions tho

MIN AH

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. doing year 1 Bsc Econ

I have a few questions- really appreciate it if anyone could help!
1. since exams are around the corner, could any seniors share some advice/tips on how to study for modules- intro to icons, pbf, math 1, stats 1, math2 and stats 2?

2. is ESAP a 200 or a 300 level module?

3. What are the criteria to pass on to the next year ie year 2? like how many modules to pass etc

Please, any inputs will be highly appreciated. help a sis lolol sorry for the random questions tho

2. ESAP if I'm not wrong should be Level 200 module.

3. You need to pass 2 100 level modules to continue for Year 2.

colacoke

Reaction score
Anyone wanna form another tg group? just to chat? I think my yr 1 group is too dead to be revived AHAHHAH

Kepller

Reaction score
Hi any Computer Science students here? There has been little info about UOL's computer science programme, just want to know if this course is worth it over the UOW CS course? This course does seem to have direct honours while UOW doesn't. Therefore I am having a hard time reasoning whether it will be worth it waiting till October to enroll to UOL's CS programme instead of enrolling next month to UOW's CS. Basically a 7 month wait for UOL's CS. The cons of the UOL CS programme would be that it's not accredited by BCS and Goldsmith University of London does not seem to be that known/famous for CS studies. Maybe that's why not much are taking this course on top it being new?

There are many use cases which I'm planning to use either one of these degrees.
1. To be eligible for jobs in multiple countries. (E.g SG, U.S, U.K, Australia, Europe)
2. To be able to apply for a Master degree if I decide to pursue one few years down my career road.

Last edited:

Smxleee

Reaction score
Hi!
My POA Lecturer said that due to the covid situation, our assesments and class test is worth 20% of our final grade. Is it true that UOL will take class assessments as 20% of our final grade?

jesi17

Reaction score
hi, does anyone know if i am still able to graduate if i fail one mod? i took bridging so only have 8 mods to take, will i still be able to grad if i only pass 7/8? thanks!

FadedBoy

Reaction score
hi, does anyone know if i am still able to graduate if i fail one mod? i took bridging so only have 8 mods to take, will i still be able to grad if i only pass 7/8? thanks!
No as u have taken bridging, unlikely you can fail one as ur final ninth class mark is the average of ur 200/300 marks iirc.

PickAndMix

Reaction score
I am a final year CIS student in UOL with 2 L4 modules exemptions. I am likely to be failing one half module (even though I'm working my way out of that). I want to check if you guys know if I can still graduate even with one L6 half module failure?

I read from other threads prior that in the previous years (prior to 2016), there are students who are able to graduate even though they fail 2 full mods. I understand that the regulations has been changed, but does anyone knows the latest graduation criteria?

Cheers.

whatsupthere

Reaction score
Hi any Computer Science students here? There has been little info about UOL's computer science programme, just want to know if this course is worth it over the UOW CS course? This course does seem to have direct honours while UOW doesn't. Therefore I am having a hard time reasoning whether it will be worth it waiting till October to enroll to UOL's CS programme instead of enrolling next month to UOW's CS. Basically a 7 month wait for UOL's CS. The cons of the UOL CS programme would be that it's not accredited by BCS and Goldsmith University of London does not seem to be that known/famous for CS studies. Maybe that's why not much are taking this course on top it being new?

There are many use cases which I'm planning to use either one of these degrees.
1. To be eligible for jobs in multiple countries. (E.g SG, U.S, U.K, Australia, Europe)
2. To be able to apply for a Master degree if I decide to pursue one few years down my career road.

Weird, thought I already posted a reply to you... Guess not

Am a year 3 computing and information systems (CIS) student. They replaced the CIS degree with computer science and added more modules. So what I said may not be 100% applicable. As for whether UOL or UOW, I would personally suggest UOW considering that you have an IT background as they allow for a very generous module exemptions (can be as short as 1.5 years).

1. Not sure about job eligibility overseas. UOL do offer summer exchanges pre-covid to UK.

2. Definitely possible with UOL degree. I know of ex-CIS students taking up masters with local uni. But of course you have to do well for the degree programme.

whatsupthere

Reaction score
I am a final year CIS student in UOL with 2 L4 modules exemptions. I am likely to be failing one half module (even though I'm working my way out of that). I want to check if you guys know if I can still graduate even with one L6 half module failure?

I read from other threads prior that in the previous years (prior to 2016), there are students who are able to graduate even though they fail 2 full mods. I understand that the regulations has been changed, but does anyone knows the latest graduation criteria?

Cheers.

Wah you asked a really good question. Had to go read the programme regulations. It states under Appendix D 1.3 that you have pass all modules though (360 credits).

The regulations (I copied it):

1.3 Except as provided in paragraph 1.4 below, to be admitted to an honours degree under these regulations a student must:
a. have completed to the satisfaction of the University courses (including any recognition of prior learning) valued at a minimum of 360 credits;
b. have been assessed in all parts of the assessment prescribed for each course;
c. have achieved all the learning outcomes specified for the programme;
d. have passed the core CO3320 Project course;
e. have passed, or received a compensated fail as set out in paragraph 1.2 above, in courses to a value of 360 credits at least 120 of which must have been at Level 6.

So by right, if you fail, you will have to resit and get the compensated fail. Although Ms Kim has said that they *MAY offer you a pass degree if you just failed one module. But please don't count on that. There's still 1 month to exams and its open book. Jia you!

silvertlq

Reaction score
Hello!
Anybody here taking Accounting Theory and Auditing and Assurance?
Are there currently any active Whatsapp groups for them?

freshavocado162

Reaction score
Hello!
Anybody here taking Accounting Theory and Auditing and Assurance?
Are there currently any active Whatsapp groups for them?
Hi! I’m taking both of them, as for WhatsApp groups I only got the Audit one n it’s not super active

u can tele me @badbleep162

BackgrounKoala_07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is B&F tough? Are the resources given to us or we need to buy them? (lecture notes, study guides)

Last edited:

Memories123

Reaction score
Anyone taking VSA or MSM this year want to discuss for exams do pm me thank you.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.