Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

LC88

Reaction score
My k20 pro was updated to the latest version, Miui 12.0.2 . Now when I use the WhatsApp, instead of showing the name of my contacts, it shows only the numbers. I checked the permission of the apps and the contact list is on. MIUI Optimization is turn off, to use galaxy wearable app. I have sync the WhatsApp in the setting, WhatsApp contact name appeared but after few hours it will revert back to number. How can i solve this issue?

Last edited:

Adelyte

Reaction score
My k20 pro was updated to the latest version, Miui 12.0.2 . Now when I use the WhatsApp, instead of showing the name of my contacts, it shows only the numbers. I checked the permission of the apps and the contact list is on. MIUI Optimization is turn off, to use galaxy wearable app. I have sync the WhatsApp in the setting, WhatsApp contact name appeared but after few hours it will revert back to number. How can i solve this issue?

Remove all permission for WhatsApp, then give all permission again.

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if the K20 with CN rom will be affected by the current Google ban issue? Thanks.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
updated to MIUI 12.1.1.0 few days back, on CN ROM

then google services started to go haywire, first was map not working, then next day play store and gmail down, managed to "fix" it after browsing thru reddit and following some steps to re-install google play services (and the relevant google apps)

for now, only map doesn't work (it will crash upon loading), is there any solution to this?

Last edited:

kkfa2018

Reaction score
updated to MIUI 12.1.1.0 few days back, on CN ROM

then google services started to go haywire, first was map not working, then next day play store and gmail down, managed to "fix" it after browsing thru reddit and following some steps to re-install google play services (and the relevant google apps)

for now, only map doesn't work (it will crash upon loading), is there any solution to this?
Me too. Maps not working. I updated as it was not miui12.5 and the update package only said stability and security update. Now kenna.

Can share link to reddit?

Soulfly

Reaction score
It happened to my CN ROM Mi Note 10 Pro about 2 months ago. Google apps will keep crashing whenever there's a Google Play Services auto update. Maps will not work, then Google Play Store will stop working. Better back up your WhatsApp via Google Drive while you can. There's no long term solution for it but to unlock the bootloader and flash Global or EU ROM...

kkfa2018

Reaction score
It happened to my CN ROM Mi Note 10 Pro about 2 months ago. Google apps will keep crashing whenever there's a Google Play Services auto update. Maps will not work, then Google Play Store will stop working. Better back up your WhatsApp via Google Drive while you can. There's no long term solution for it but to unlock the bootloader and flash Global or EU ROM...
Oh no. I also found that there is no way yo unlock the bootloader...no option in the developer option

Soulfly

Reaction score
You unlock the bootloader? Yes can but I think takes time. Its msinly to reflash Rom but I am a noob and is reluctant to try

It will take 168 hours to unlock the bootloader. That's 1 week. But I was lucky once as there was no waiting time at all for my Mi Note 10 Pro. From the way things are going now, unlocking the bootloader and flashing to Global or Xiaomi EU ROM is the only way to go. I flashed my Mi Note 10 Pro to Global ROM and it has been working flawlessly, just received the MIUI Android 11 update yesterday...

kkfa2018

Reaction score
It will take 168 hours to unlock the bootloader. That's 1 week. But I was lucky once as there was no waiting time at all for my Mi Note 10 Pro. From the way things are going now, unlocking the bootloader and flashing to Global or Xiaomi EU ROM is the only way to go. I flashed my Mi Note 10 Pro to Global ROM and it has been working flawlessly, just received the MIUI Android 11 update yesterday...
Thanks. I will try. Use Fastboot rom. Would it be possible for you to let me know which site you went to get the roms etc. Sorry for being a noob.Thanks again.

PS I thought will kenna if 12.5 now 12.1 also kenna. Alamak. Itchy fingers.

Soulfly

Reaction score
Thanks. I will try. Use Fastboot rom. Would it be possible for you to let me know which site you went to get the roms etc. Sorry for being a noob.Thanks again.

PS I thought will kenna if 12.5 now 12.1 also kenna. Alamak. Itchy fingers.

For my Mi Note 10 Pro. It happened with Android 11 update. Not even MIUI 12.5. Here's the best website to download Xiaomi ROMS. Remember to download the fastboot version not the recovery version. Here's the link :

https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/

kkfa2018

Reaction score
For my Mi Note 10 Pro. It happened with Android 11 update. Not even MIUI 12.5. Here's the best website to download Xiaomi ROMS. Remember to download the fastboot version not the recovery version. Here's the link :

https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/

Thanks. I tried it and met the following issues:

1. My Miui account kept asking me to verify. But I cannot receive any SMS verification.
2. I could not change the verification method to email.

I am at a lost now.

Any further help from anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Soulfly

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried it and met the following issues:

1. My Miui account kept asking me to verify. But I cannot receive any SMS verification.
2. I could not change the verification method to email.

I am at a lost now.

Any further help from anyone?

Thanks in advance.

You can check out YouTube. There are many videos over there teaching how to unlock the bootloader. One example is true video...

https://youtu.be/XkSGK63bhKs

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.