The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t think yours is like that. And I just thought of it too.. eyezen is not mono..
When you do eyezen, it’s already to help you to see near better. If someone do mono with eyezen... I don’t want comment much. :s22:

So how does antifatigue aka digital lens work? Do they decrease the (-) power to make eyes less tired? But wont decreasing (-) also decreases the clarity at same time thus and cannot read words as sharp??? Wont this make eyes even more strained to make out the blurred words?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
The power at the lower area is decreased to help you to read better. The top remains the same for you to see distance.

In this way you can see far and near at the same time.

E.g. you are -7.00 degree.
Upper segment will be -7.00, lower segment depend on which eyezen design you take, could be -6.40,-6.20,-5.90.

On the contrary, it helps you to see better. But if you are already 42-43-44, better to do progressives or sync 3 pro with +1.35add

So how does antifatigue aka digital lens work? Do they decrease the (-) power to make eyes less tired? But wont decreasing (-) also decreases the clarity at same time thus and cannot read words as sharp??? Wont this make eyes even more strained to make out the blurred words?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
PeI5VkP.jpg

Not sure if this illustration is clearer for you. Hope it helps. Not drawn to scale and power is not fixed to scale like this. But the general concept of antifatigue/digital lenses works like that.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The power at the lower area is decreased to help you to read better. The top remains the same for you to see distance.

In this way you can see far and near at the same time.

E.g. you are -7.00 degree.
Upper segment will be -7.00, lower segment depend on which eyezen design you take, could be -6.40,-6.20,-5.90.

On the contrary, it helps you to see better. But if you are already 42-43-44, better to do progressives or sync 3 pro with +1.35add

Yes i understood. Just wondering why the drcrease in lower segment can help me see better. If lets say im in my 20s without lao hua, wont this decrease in reading power makes reading blurred or will it actually makes reading more relaxed?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier, your distance power has changed I.e to say, instead of -7.00 it became -6.75 or -6.50.(this point you comprehend right)? Which is why when you push your glasses up(when looking at distance), it became clearer.

If you are in your 20s, then we won’t even recommend you that high of an addition power already, probably just the minimal one which is +0.40. That reduction will actually help to relax your eyes(if you are in your 20s).

In summary, likely your power for far and near changed.

Yes i understood. Just wondering why the drcrease in lower segment can help me see better. If lets say im in my 20s without lao hua, wont this decrease in reading power makes reading blurred or will it actually makes reading more relaxed?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Change in distance power lets say from -700 to -650 is it also likely caused by the lao hua??

koster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you remember which progressives you were using before?

E.g. Hoya dynamic premium, Hoya summit, Hoya FD? The card usually states it.

The card says the lens name is ID167BG-H. I did it in JB. Apparently it was the second highest tier in Malaysia then sometime in 2017. Heard Singapore's Hoya model is slightly different.

spencert

Reaction score
Do you remember which progressives you were using before?

E.g. Hoya dynamic premium, Hoya summit, Hoya FD? The card usually states it.

This is mine Hoya authentic card. Doesn't state what type lens too. Got it in Oct 2019.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
This is mine Hoya authentic card. Doesn't state what type lens too. Got it in Oct 2019.

Lifestyle V+ Hvll with blue control 1.50index Harmony design(better for near)
Considered the 3rd best tier for hoya. I actually like fitting this design and one tier above which is the Mystyle profile.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
The card says the lens name is ID167BG-H. I did it in JB. Apparently it was the second highest tier in Malaysia then sometime in 2017. Heard Singapore's Hoya model is slightly different.

Thats right, In the past its called Hoya ID, Then IDPRIME, and now, mystyle profile. It is indeed the 2nd best lenses, similar to Spore actually. 1.67 index.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, west or north east will be good for me but if out of these area I also do not mind.

Oh man... I guess i will go back to my same recommendation,

Eyewear Optics @thomson plaza
Kj optometrist @ plaza sing
Jamco@ katong shoppping center

Haha, but again, its just the shops whereby i trust their practitioner due to me knowing their skills and culture. Other shops might be better just that i am not aware.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lifestyle V+ Hvll with blue control 1.50index Harmony design(better for near)
Considered the 3rd best tier for hoya. I actually like fitting this design and one tier above which is the Mystyle profile.

If i get lifestyle V+ i have to choose between harmony (for near) or clarity (for far)? Means distance vision will be compromised right?

For mystyle wont have this issue right? Does the optician needs specific equipment to take the measurements for mystyle?

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Good morning.
Not exactly compromised, I would say it’s barely noticeable. More certain sensitive individuals then might feel the design difference.

Mystyle v+ and mystyle profile won’t face the issue. Equipment wise is to have the Tablet/iPad with the measuring app. If not you will only get the default settings for the lenses which is still fine to most individuals as the lenses itself is really good on its own.

If i get lifestyle V+ i have to choose between harmony (for near) or clarity (for far)? Means distance vision will be compromised right?

For mystyle wont have this issue right? Does the optician needs specific equipment to take the measurements for mystyle?

zapzap

Reaction score
Where to get cheap & good prescriptive lens?

Hi

Just need to replace my plastic lens for my spectacles as full of scratches. Used to go JB for cheap eyewear but now cannot.

Unfortunately mine is high myopia each eye(about 1000 degrees and 200 astig).

Anyone got lobang?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good morning.
Not exactly compromised, I would say it’s barely noticeable. More certain sensitive individuals then might feel the design difference.

Mystyle v+ and mystyle profile won’t face the issue. Equipment wise is to have the Tablet/iPad with the measuring app. If not you will only get the default settings for the lenses which is still fine to most individuals as the lenses itself is really good on its own.

If choose lifestyle balansis then dont need the measuring app right? Some optical shops dont have access to the facilities required for highest tiered lens design leh. Like zeiss smartlife lens and essilor varilux X deaign, i think only selected retailers have the app/equipment to take the additional readings?

I think for hoya also same? If lets say optician doesnt have the equipment to take the necessary measurements for lets say mystyle then wouldnt it be a waste of $ to get the default settings instead of fully customisation? Something like getting shortchanged?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Even as default, mystyle profile is still very remarkable. Really if you can invest, go for it, it will give you much better and comfortable vision for the next 2-3 years. And of course just go to a trusted shop to prescribe your glasses. If not, I can always recommend you a place to visit.

And please don’t use balansis, it’s neither here nor there, pay abit more get lifestyle v+. It’s really better.

If choose lifestyle balansis then dont need the measuring app right? Some optical shops dont have access to the facilities required for highest tiered lens design leh. Like zeiss smartlife lens and essilor varilux X deaign, i think only selected retailers have the app/equipment to take the additional readings?

I think for hoya also same? If lets say optician doesnt have the equipment to take the necessary measurements for lets say mystyle then wouldnt it be a waste of $ to get the default settings instead of fully customisation? Something like getting shortchanged?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.