SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/home/nstopics/ippt-nsfit

Website up now. Quite clear.

The FIIT is interesting, at least it is like few mins walk from where i am staying. Much better than the FCC one.

Problem i would see is the FIIT is actually popular with the public so it might be problematic in booking...

Yup for me I don't need to travel all the way to Kranji and Maju FCCs (Except for IPPT) from Jurong where I lives and works at.

And yup I think they should add in more slots or impose some quota specifically for us. Just have a check on those nearer to my home one (Jurong Lake Gardens, Jurong West SIP etc) and it seems like they only conducted once or twice per week and all sessions are full.

Anyway it's not a bad thing as instead of doing IPT/RT with all guys now maybe there are some chio bu doing exercise with you. :s13:

vaguejizz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like - 1 window (take 1 ippt but fail) , 2nd window (do 10 mandatory NS FIT), 3rd window (take 1 ippt if fail), 4th window (do 10 mandatory NS FIT), rinse & repeat.

Sunny Nights

Reaction score
seems like - 1 window (take 1 ippt but fail) , 2nd window (do 10 mandatory NS FIT), 3rd window (take 1 ippt if fail), 4th window (do 10 mandatory NS FIT), rinse & repeat.

Actually this whole system is just open to abuse confirm will have problems down the line. Old system was 20 sessions in 2 windows now it's 11 sessions in 2 windows

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually this whole system is just open to abuse confirm will have problems down the line. Old system was 20 sessions in 2 windows now it's 11 sessions in 2 windows

RT regulars will love it

Posted from PCWX using A simple life, not a simple thing 🙏🏻

Sunny Nights

Reaction score
so if fail current IPPT window, next window take 10 sessions of NS FIT? rinse and repeat?

No more 20 sessions of RT?

Yeah makes u wonder for those that confirm fail who will even finish the 10 sessions in their window. Just fail and go 10 "mandatory" sessions in window 2

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
King.Koopa

Since you fail your IPPT, is your windows close already or receive any wavier from MINDEF ?

not yet. I just booked another session this week last try le. Was planning to chiong.

But after hearing about no more RT change to simi FIT programme effort drop by 20% liao :s13::s13:.

20 sessions really cannot but if 10 sessions I dont mind :D

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think the "disciplinary action" applies to those who fail IPPT la. That's kinda absurd. It's for those who default or never complete the window.

But yes, now that no more RT, it's a gaping loophole for ppl to attend (and fail) IPPT on one year, and go mandatory FIT for the next, and repeat. Or it's supposed to be this way? :s13:

Anyone went for the QuickHIIT or the activities in the Parks (current ones, not under NS FIT), can share if it is as xiong as the Blue and Red bands at FCC? (Metabolic, aerobic etc) My fitness is not even there to go through these kind of intensity, end up resort to going for Green (weight loss). Dunno if there's any activity at Parks that is somewhat equivalent to the Weight Loss programme.

Last edited:

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think the "disciplinary action" applies to those who fail IPPT la. That's kinda absurd. It's for those who default or never complete the window.

But yes, now that no more RT, it's a gaping loophole for ppl to attend (and fail) IPPT on one year, and go mandatory FIT for the next, and repeat. Or it's supposed to be this way?
:s13:

Not sure if its loophole since they would have knew of this when they start new system

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah makes u wonder for those that confirm fail who will even finish the 10 sessions in their window. Just fail and go 10 "mandatory" sessions in window 2

B0JmQUn.jpg

pJgJ78J.jpg

Because if you don't pass IPPT or complete your FIT,
not only need the mandatory sessions but also subject to disciplinary actions (Meaning charge)

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That doesn't make any sense. I'm sure it only applies for defaulters. If not, how many ppl they need to charge for failing?:s22:

Must pass. If fail, must complete 10 fit program.

If never go at all, charge and kena fines.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah that is it. Just like the old RT but cut down in half.
Just thought it to be misleading that simply failing IPPT will result in charge, as anyhowsay said.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Means if fail , you have to complete 10 fit in the same window?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No leh u must finish all 10 sessions in window 1 if not tio charge no meh

If like this once your window open must quickly go take ippt. If fail at least you have more time for FIT. If you wait until your window ending then take ippt and fail, not enough time to complete FIT means die?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The program already 1 ippt built in so 9 fit sessions plus 1 ippt
Means 1 window you either
1. take ippt and pass
2. you go for FIT 9+1 to clear window

Take note if you want to take ippt must be early so that if you fail at least still got time for FIT before your window close. Dont last minute

Sunny Nights

Reaction score
Means 1 window you either take ippt and pass or you go for FIT.

Take note if you want to take ippt must be early so that if you fail at least still got time for FIT before your window close. Dont last minute

Yeah good summary

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.