The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe not so much chemistry with him bah or he also didnt reveal much.
Change optician then. Last time I frequent the shop at tampines century square cos their svc is gd and they seem to have good equipment etc
However, I chose to patronise my current optician despite being a smaller shop. Heck, shop still using those glasses where u have to insert lens one by one to test your prescription

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many optical shops actually got the finances to buy so many latest equipments from zeiss, hoya etc if they dont sponsor or rent to the shops??

Or maybe shop needs to hit certain sales quoto in order for the lens brand to lend their equipment?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah transparent. A few of my frens also changed to clear frames too. Maybe 1-2 year rsthet than months

Last time many years ago when economy is good i think in the 80s and 90s people change specs like change clothes like that. I know people who change specs every 3 months. During those good old times, people will change all of their stuff every year. Before CNY throw away or donate all their old stuff. Now only hear people talk about sustainability. Duno luff or cry also.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Last time many years ago when economy is good i think in the 80s and 90s people change specs like change clothes like that. I know people who change specs every 3 months. During those good old times, people will change all of their stuff every year. Before CNY throw away or donate all their old stuff. Now only hear people talk about sustainability. Duno luff or cry also.
That's very long ago sia. Golden age of sg.
Anyway, some companies have flexible benefit for making spectacles. So some ppl may change on a yearly basis...

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I bought the Zeiss anti-fog spray

the thin film that it leaves behind........
i find that it blurs the lens

LOL

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I bought the Zeiss anti-fog spray

the thin film that it leaves behind........
i find that it blurs the lens

LOL

U should just use mama lemon soap wash daily and rinse with tap water. Squeaky clean. I clean this way my lens ok.

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you wipe it thoroughly? I personally feel the swan one for glasses is the best.

I did.

You can’t see the blurriness without wearing it though.
But it’s noticeable when you wear it.

I went to a few shops to ask. They only have the Zeiss one so I bought to try. Tbh when mask wearing is no longer needed, all this not important liao.

therat

Master Member
Reaction score

during 80s, my spec only need $30 (lens + frame)

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U should just use mama lemon soap wash daily and rinse with tap water. Squeaky clean. I clean this way my lens ok.

no la my specs were crystal clear. it is the anti-fog spray that messed it up

waste money buy $15

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
lion city lens are really expensive. Zeiss single vision 1.6 index with bluelight function also cost sgd275.

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Change optician then. Last time I frequent the shop at tampines century square cos their svc is gd and they seem to have good equipment etc
However, I chose to patronise my current optician despite being a smaller shop. Heck, shop still using those glasses where u have to insert lens one by one to test your prescription

what's wrong with the one by one type?
My prescription now which is more comfortable and accurate is using the one by one type, whereas the one i got from owndays is from high-tech looking machines but makes me dizzy and I can see a lot of distortion from the lens

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.