The Denim Thread [Read the first few post before asking questions] - Part 1

yuelei

Reaction score
Hi, I moved to Singapore not long time ago. I am really into vintage Levis jeans. Where can I find real vintage stuffs in Singapore? Thanks.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I moved to Singapore not long time ago. I am really into vintage Levis jeans. Where can I find real vintage stuffs in Singapore? Thanks.

When i was a teenager, peninsula and far east had shops selling 2nd hand 501s.. very nice fades espec the 501 outseams.i m now well into mid life so i doubt that info is relevant but in this day and age frankly the best source of buying almost anything imaginable is from the internet...

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noted but worried only on the size and also I believe need to pay 7% gst because price most probably exceed S$400.

Don’t think can buy IH in Singapore.
Just online buy it, I think most of us just order online.

Shiro MS08th

Reaction score
Noted but worried only on the size and also I believe need to pay 7% gst because price most probably exceed S$400.

Sizing is a skill you need to learn for this hobby haha.
My first couple of pairs also not the best sizing and fit, extreme light oz to heavy oz jeans might need adjust a bit also. Loose or tight weave also need to adjust a bit.

But yep, it’s all part of the journey.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shiro is so right. Even if the brand provides measurements, I feel there be still some discrepancy de.

I am still hunting for a black pair for slim cut with smart casual look. Too loose looks casual, still tight my crotch will burst... lol

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I am wearing a size 36 for my Samurai Jeans, can I also order the same size for my IH ?

Sizing is a skill you need to learn for this hobby haha.
My first couple of pairs also not the best sizing and fit, extreme light oz to heavy oz jeans might need adjust a bit also. Loose or tight weave also need to adjust a bit.

But yep, it’s all part of the journey.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the shrinkage percentage is the same for both Samurai Jeans and IH Jeans, then can I just base on my current Samurai Jeans size to buy if it's the same cutting with my current S710XXX ?

You need to do measurement (waist, thigh, knee, rise, leg opening, etc) comparison of both your current pair and the pair you want to buy.

Then +- based on other factors.

Shiro MS08th

Reaction score
If the shrinkage percentage is the same for both Samurai Jeans and IH Jeans, then can I just base on my current Samurai Jeans size to buy if it's the same cutting with my current S710XXX ?

As mentioned need to compared all those measurements if you want to be accurate. Most sites will list down each size measurements...

nethdale

Reaction score
for me now personally i prefer slim fit from waist to knee, and then skinny fit/tapered from knee down to the opening.

i like the opening to "hug" your ankle. so usually need to tapered outside

Hi, I wore Japanese jeans before I switched over to Nudie jeans, now I get used to those snug fitting from Nudie jeans and I find a bit "interesting when I wear the Japanese jeans. That said, Japanese jeans do have their own beauty.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Been away for denim for more than 10 years. Only started wearing more now due to WFH and semi casual attire.

Decided to hoot momotaro 0701 from Okayama denim. Just not sure if I screwed up my size.

The measurements of my waist with pants on at 86cm and the pair I bought was tagged size 33 which measures 83.5cm. I decided to go for one wash fabric cause the unsanforized raw process just too painful for me now. Gained quite a bit of weight over the years so naturally I was a 32 and decided to size up 1. Initially was thinking of sizing up 2 but changed my mind.

If it really doesn’t fit then I guess I must return.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Wow.. Thats long! Long pants and denim I would choose denim always.

My wardrobe I only have 2 sets of pants, and I only wear them during interview and 1st few days of work. Thereafter I wear denim all the way for work.

I prefer denim over pants as always

Been away for denim for more than 10 years. Only started wearing more now due to WFH and semi casual attire.

Decided to hoot momotaro 0701 from Okayama denim. Just not sure if I screwed up my size.

The measurements of my waist with pants on at 86cm and the pair I bought was tagged size 33 which measures 83.5cm. I decided to go for one wash fabric cause the unsanforized raw process just too painful for me now. Gained quite a bit of weight over the years so naturally I was a 32 and decided to size up 1. Initially was thinking of sizing up 2 but changed my mind.

If it really doesn’t fit then I guess I must return.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.