Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gurus,

S6 lite is running on what SD?

Price now is around
$360 for the P610 (Wi-Fi)...

Thought of upgrading from my damn slow and laggy Tab A7 2020..

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
Gurus,

S6 lite is running on what SD?

Price now is around
$360 for the P610 (Wi-Fi)...

Thought of upgrading from my damn slow and laggy Tab A7 2020..
Exynos 9611

amazon price is it? 366 excl shipping, but stock only in on 24th april

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
whats a good 2nd hand deal for it? i see mint going for 650

855 think should easily tahan 3 years? for productivity and media consumption only

keyboard cover, or normal cover are not included in the base packaging right?

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whats a good 2nd hand deal for it? i see mint going for 650

855 think should easily tahan 3 years? for productivity and media consumption only

keyboard cover, or normal cover are not included in the base packaging right?
Only pen included. Don't know what's a good price but I believe more standard devices have better chances of custom roms

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
anyway i just hek and wacked, blew my tablet budget by x2. the seller included the usual full flip cover and the keyboard, but dont have the hinged backpiece of the keyboard set.

initially planning to hoot max of lenovo p11 (SD66x) for ~350, s6 lite imported ~380 or maximum of ipad 8th gen ~470... or wait for s7 lite or ipad 9th

p11 pro (SD73x) also going to run over 500++ presently anyway... lenovo also got their version of dex, but at the moment got less faith on them maintaining the updates or pushing for further development unlike samseng.

for Samseng old flagships tablets do they have those fked up planned obsolence updates (eg, makes battery life chui, slows it down)? my entry-mid a50 phone bought in late 2019 which i retired due to wonky cellular reception can hardly hold 2 days charge even in airplane mode throughout.

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway i just hek and wacked, blew my tablet budget by x2. the seller included the usual full flip cover and the keyboard, but dont have the hinged backpiece of the keyboard set.

initially planning to hoot max of lenovo p11 (SD66x) for ~350, s6 lite imported ~380 or maximum of ipad 8th gen ~470... or wait for s7 lite or ipad 9th

p11 pro (SD73x) also going to run over 500++ presently anyway... lenovo also got their version of dex, but at the moment got less faith on them maintaining the updates or pushing for further development unlike samseng.

for Samseng old flagships tablets do they have those fked up planned obsolence updates (eg, makes battery life chui, slows it down)? my entry-mid a50 phone bought in late 2019 which i retired due to wonky cellular reception can hardly hold 2 days charge even in airplane mode throughout.
No reh. They don't do such thing

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
which type-c to 3.5mm dongle u all using?

dunno to buy the Apple one or this local brand ATZ's. supposedly got some dac chip inside the small dongle, not just wire nia

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
you guys encounter any issues using Smart View on non Samsung tv, or when trying to mirror a non-Samsung phone to the S Tab?

tried yest both yesterday like cannot work for Smart View.
Google Home sort of work for screen mirroring between tablet and tv but connection drops.
my pixel 4a can't seem to find the tablet as a display when scanning.

which 3rd party apps good to bypass?

read that smartview dropped its chromecast compatibility for a while already.

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who own the keyboard cover, do you find the edges very sharp when holding the tablet with the keyboard detached. I'm going to switch to a book cover. Easier to hold.

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you guys encounter any issues using Smart View on non Samsung tv, or when trying to mirror a non-Samsung phone to the S Tab?

tried yest both yesterday like cannot work for Smart View.
Google Home sort of work for screen mirroring between tablet and tv but connection drops.
my pixel 4a can't seem to find the tablet as a display when scanning.

which 3rd party apps good to bypass?

read that smartview dropped its chromecast compatibility for a while already.
All these kind of screen mirroring performance is so bad. I use USB c to hdmi. At least still can play game. Bluetooth controller

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
I bought Basel but hardly use it. Mostly use bluetooth
ic, anw ordered the dongle. hope its good

For those who own the keyboard cover, do you find the edges very sharp when holding the tablet with the keyboard detached. I'm going to switch to a book cover. Easier to hold.
i am using book cover + separate keyboard cover. but without the keyboard cover's hinge backpiece, because thats what i got from the seller.

when need to use on the move, kb cover detached as flipping it on the back doesn't work well (accidental key presses).
book cover doesn't protect edges and feels a little annoying to handle the flap when mobile (either folded flat behind or folded in stand mode)...

am considering the supcase ub pro that has more thickness to hold, 'protection' and probably doing away with any front covering when using it on the move... also means cannot connect kb cover , gotta use my k380 BT keyboard

All these kind of screen mirroring performance is so bad. I use USB c to hdmi. At least still can play game. Bluetooth controller
looks like gotta get a powered usb-c hub if i were to look to increase its utility

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
just got a stylus, the wacom/mitsubishi Hi-uni digital. what a sweet sweet writer. 3600jpy incl tax excl shipping should be cheapest from Amazon jp

mv-pc.png

looks and feels like hard plastic tip vs the default felt on the s6 s-pen and is half its weight(felt's drag on glass should give more control). exactly same kind of lacquer on my Hi-uni pencils... very luxurious feel, basically just a hollowed out pencil with the EMR module in it.

no button though, so its a bare basic EMR stylus

its earlier Staedlter Noris digital counterpart had issues with it snapping in bags, EMR module dropping out... i hope mine would last. maybe keep as home stylus

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why is the existing stylus not good enough
just got a stylus, the wacom/mitsubishi Hi-uni digital. what a sweet sweet writer. 3600jpy incl tax excl shipping should be cheapest from Amazon jp

mv-pc.png

looks and feels like hard plastic tip vs the default felt on the s6 s-pen and is half its weight(felt's drag on glass should give more control). exactly same kind of lacquer on my Hi-uni pencils... very luxurious feel, basically just a hollowed out pencil with the EMR module in it.

its earlier Staedlter Noris digital counterpart had issues with it snapping in bags, EMR module dropping out... i hope mine would last. maybe keep as home stylus

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score

mv-pc.png

Looks like original pencil

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
Why is the existing stylus not good enough
Hand itchy lol

I use the stylus a lot for pointing, so find s6 stylus a little heavy for that.

After using plastic tip in the Hi-uni, I'll probably try and get plastic tip for the s6 stylus as well. Find that hard tip is more responsive to varying brush strokes than the current rubbery felt tip. The subtle drag from the rubbery felt tip gives a very controlled feel when drawing, but for mostly scrolling pages feels abit gaowei.

Hi-uni Digital uses real wood like the actual pencil, probably cedar. Can sniff for shiok on the exposed wood. Rest of it has the heavy lacquer treatment. I expect the lacquer to scuff if thrown into pencil case though.

The Staedlter versions' 'wood' bodies are their WOPEX reconstituted wood plastic composite. Seems to be more ex than the Hi-uni digital. The Staedlter Jumbo version has a functional 'eraser' end.
Apart from the Noris and Jumbo, there is also another Staedlter series for Chromebook, basically the same basic EMR stylus in more colours.

Realise a lot of these tablet stylus stuff reviews are from Korean or Japanese side of youtube.

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OneUI3.1 changelog say got Wireless display also dun have. End up upgrade to Tab S7+.
Cost a lot of money to upgrade. Tab s6 seems fast enough for most tasks I do so... In fact even the tab s5e doing fine for me

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.