Proposal Ring - Part 4

baracrat

Reaction score
mine quite chill sia. simi 3d rendering also bo
basically walked in day one for tutorial. day two buy ring then just wait to collect nia. lol.
I see, I custom designed the setting hence the 3D render. How long was the wait for collection of the ready ring?

fliggy

Reaction score
severity level of inclusion is another important factor here. you need to take a closer look for that needle. by the way, noticed the this is a diamond with faint fluorescence, if you aware?

Thanks for the advice! Just got an updated image from the vendor

media.kgkonlineinventory.com/files/INVENTORYDATA/VISION360/Vision360.html?d=1414024

There seems to be a cluster of inclusions on the left view, is this the one you mentioned? Thank you very much!

CutiePie84

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! Just got an updated image from the vendor

media.kgkonlineinventory.com/files/INVENTORYDATA/VISION360/Vision360.html?d=1414024

There seems to be a cluster of inclusions on the left view, is this the one you mentioned? Thank you very much!

Cluster of inclusions is usually ok as long as its eye clean. But I'm not sure if this part here is related to your inclusion cluster.

Don't know if its me but I thought the arrow are very thick. The arrows acts as reflectors that are good in strong / direct lights. But under white lights, it will be like these kind of black contrast areas. When it's too thick, it might make your diamond look overly dark in the center. Do you have the ASET scope for it? The ASET will give us more info. The proportions only gives the basic info. A diamond can have good proportions but poor light performance also. So you'll need the ASET and hearts/arrows scope to check it.

nWMOMwX.jpg

peterpango

Reaction score
Congrats!! I am also being served by Avery, definitely agree with you on her fantastic customer service.

I am currently waiting for the 3D render of the ring. How long was your entire process? Thanks!

Thanks bro! Help me say hi to Avery! Tell her its from PP. She will get the joke 😂
The 3D render took about 2 weeks, then 6 weeks to craft. My crafting took 1 week earlier so I managed to get mine on the 5th week. What design are you customizing? Is it in their petite series collection too?

cloudh

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the help! Been lurking on this thread for awhile and its finally my turn to propose. I bought a 0.6ct white series cushion hearts and arrows from JP. I highly recommend looking for Avery. She helped me from the start in custom cutting this piece and doing up my ring design. Very pleased with the entire process and final ring.

The Cushion diamond looks very bright and I followed the advice on some of the bros recommendation and settled for a G color. The diamond still looks very white man. The small diamonds on the bands are the decagon melees that are equally as stunning. Can't really see in the photos but those small babies are damn sparkly too. The row of small diamonds along the prongs are their standard melees though. Avery said that they dont have the decagons cut so small but they do help to handpick the good stuff themselves.

Sharing some of my pics :)

Nlha9tx.jpg

BkJj8xk.jpg

zUQq9kM.jpg
Thanks guys for all the help! Been lurking on this thread for awhile and its finally my turn to propose. I bought a 0.6ct white series cushion hearts and arrows from JP. I highly recommend looking for Avery. She helped me from the start in custom cutting this piece and doing up my ring design. Very pleased with the entire process and final ring.

The Cushion diamond looks very bright and I followed the advice on some of the bros recommendation and settled for a G color. The diamond still looks very white man. The small diamonds on the bands are the decagon melees that are equally as stunning. Can't really see in the photos but those small babies are damn sparkly too. The row of small diamonds along the prongs are their standard melees though. Avery said that they dont have the decagons cut so small but they do help to handpick the good stuff themselves.

Sharing some of my pics :)

Nlha9tx.jpg

BkJj8xk.jpg

zUQq9kM.jpg
Hello, may i know what's the specs/description of your band? Can you share? I am looking to do a similar band.
E.g. 1.2mm width? Knife edge? tapered?

I am not good with all these terms. Appreciate if you can share. Thanks

Or if anyone else knows, please let me know too.

aameetingnow

Reaction score
Hello, may i know what's the specs/description of your band? Can you share? I am looking to do a similar band.
E.g. 1.2mm width? Knife edge? tapered?

I am not good with all these terms. Appreciate if you can share. Thanks

Or if anyone else knows, please let me know too.

My ring was customized by them with some changes in their existing design I saw on their instagram. It's in 18k white and rose gold mix, and the small diamonds on the sides are their Decagon cut. I know in their petite series, the bandwidth is usually about 1.1-1.3mm then they will make it proportional to the size of your centre diamond. I believe mine is 1.2mm.

My ring top view was inspired from this. It's a knife edge uniform band (not tapered). For these thinner bands, they recommend not to have it tapered as there's not much space left for it to go thick to thin. I rem they had a rounded version of it too, but we chose the knife edge design as it looked more sleek.

ffdmDzD.jpg

FYI, in-between the small decagon diamonds on the band, you can opt to have those ''cutting design''. The jagged design on the band. At first we thought it might be uncomfortable but after trying on the actual sample, it's ok. But in the end we decided to opt for the plain knife edge one to make the design more simple. Btw, you can also choose the amount of spacing gap you want between each of the small decagons too.

EBNOH8o.jpg

Then the side view we picked this design (but changed the bottom of the crown to have an ''x'' intersection).
We left the bottom 1/4 part of the band to be plain so that it can be resized in the future if needed.

fZZ5rdR.jpg

So my ring design is actually like a mix of different parts of their designs :s13: But you can customize each part to your preference. I suggest looking for Avery. She helped me with my design and have me some good suggestions.

They got a ring design video too with different explaining different parts of the ring. This might be helpful for you to know your options. The videos have part 1,2,3, etc.

cloudh

Reaction score
My ring was customized by them with some changes in their existing design I saw on their instagram. It's in 18k white and rose gold mix, and the small diamonds on the sides are their Decagon cut. I know in their petite series, the bandwidth is usually about 1.1-1.3mm then they will make it proportional to the size of your centre diamond. I believe mine is 1.2mm.

My ring top view was inspired from this. It's a knife edge uniform band (not tapered). For these thinner bands, they recommend not to have it tapered as there's not much space left for it to go thick to thin. I rem they had a rounded version of it too, but we chose the knife edge design as it looked more sleek.

ffdmDzD.jpg

FYI, in-between the small decagon diamonds on the band, you can opt to have those ''cutting design''. The jagged design on the band. At first we thought it might be uncomfortable but after trying on the actual sample, it's ok. But in the end we decided to opt for the plain knife edge one to make the design more simple. Btw, you can also choose the amount of spacing gap you want between each of the small decagons too.

EBNOH8o.jpg

Then the side view we picked this design (but changed the bottom of the crown to have an ''x'' intersection).
We left the bottom 1/4 part of the band to be plain so that it can be resized in the future if needed.

fZZ5rdR.jpg

So my ring design is actually like a mix of different parts of their designs :s13: But you can customize each part to your preference. I suggest looking for Avery. She helped me with my design and have me some good suggestions.

They got a ring design video too with different explaining different parts of the ring. This might be helpful for you to know your options. The videos have part 1,2,3, etc.

Oh thanks, that was very informative!!

allrounder

Reaction score
Just got this

AGS 104112163001

Round 10
White Series

0.83ct
Cut Grade AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade AGS 0 (D)
Clarity Grade AGS 2 (VVS2)

Appreciate your views.

Last edited:

allrounder

Reaction score
looking good. Some feathers near girdle area, but as long as not through the girdle, you are good.
Thanks! Can I ask, How do we know if it is through the girdle.

I had thought if its not appearing at the same spot on the top view then it's not through the girdle.

But please let me know how best to find out. Thanks!

HansenDeHardwarezone

Reaction score
Thanks! Can I ask, How do we know if it is through the girdle.

I had thought if its not appearing at the same spot on the top view then it's not through the girdle.

But please let me know how best to find out. Thanks!
yes, if it is at the same spot on the top/bottom view. of course you can inspect under scope to confirm.

lalalaaa

Reaction score
Hi guys! Been reading through this thread and got the following from JannPaul

SIC Round Brilliant
0.85 ct, G color, VS1
AGS 104111517035

The AGS report stated 'additional pinpoints not shown'

Is this a big deal?

Thanks in advance for the kind advice! :)

chesterchew

Reaction score

SIC Round Brilliant
0.85 ct, G color, VS1
AGS 104111517035

Is this a big deal?

Cert looks good. The ''additional pinpoints not shown'' is when then pinpoints are so minor, they the labs don't bother plotting it on the diagram. So its just like a disclaimer. It is perfectly fine. Anyway, pinpoints are one of the ''better'' clarity characteristics.

ke3bbs

Reaction score

SIC Round Brilliant
0.85 ct, G color, VS1
AGS 104111517035

Is this a big deal?

Yea my cert had that liner too and was told it's for very very minor pinpoints. The more important one is the clarity grading.

us spy

Reaction score
has anyone heard of the 3 months salary rule?

the cost of the ring should be the man's 3 month's salary? or is my fiance bluffing me? :s13:
then tell your fiance, she rather the money spend on reno/ better furniture or a pretty useless shinny rock, just spend within your mean.

cenvish

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just wanted your thoughts on the following diamond from JP:

SIC Round 10
0.73 ct, E color, VVS1

ASG 104111811037

Appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone share what aspects of the diamond determines the brilliance and scintillation performance of the stone?
I was physically (naked eye) comparing between a JP white series oval and a cheaper one, cannot really tell the difference under the same lighting conditions (natural light and spot light)....
Under a scope i can see the cheaper one doesn't have the nice aligned arrows, but doesn't seem like it affected the light performance...
JP:
Zpm2aOc.jpg

non-JP:
obxYFMZ.jpg

Image quality is pretty bad as i am using an old xiaomi phone...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.