Huawei Mate 9

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sigh I forgot to do that for my own mate 9. Haha so I'm quite scared it will die soon.

Quite easy to DIY change battery .... just go YouTube check for tear down tutorials.

I just did mine own battery change 2 weeks ago coz battery bloated....
Bought battery from AliExpress very cheap .... around $22 ~ $26 range depending on either Huawei original or 3rd party one... seller will also provide basic tools to dismantle phone.

ksf2019

Reaction score
I tried to change my mate 9 battery at Sommerset service center a few days before warranty expired last year but the service counter guy told me no more stocks of mate 9 battery so cannot change for me.

Today I changed my out of warranty mate 9 battery at Malaysia service center (stuck here until borders reopen) . There was no need to change the screen, screen and tempered glass still intact. (Wonder why the Sommerset service center as a routine channge the screen for Mate 9 battery change )Was fast turnaround within 1 hour.

Cost me RM121 (around S$40+) all in for the battery change.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the insight! I was also looking at mate 20. Mate 20x may be a bit too bit for my liking. Afraid I may drop it.

Mate 20 Pro is a very good upgrade from Mate 9. The key improvements for me are the much better camera and Android 10. It is around $300 in Carousell. I'm using one now.

lwandyh

Reaction score
Hi mate9 user, anyone still using this solid phone? Haha I'm currently still using it.. haha see how many still using?

lwandyh

Reaction score
Passed to my kids. They love it
Hahaha nice.. I myself also find it damn soild but battery wise not that lasting.. overall still doing good.. don't know what's the next flagship to choose.. huawei new model no google find it difficult.. after mate9, what are you guys using?

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha nice.. I myself also find it damn soild but battery wise not that lasting.. overall still doing good.. don't know what's the next flagship to choose.. huawei new model no google find it difficult.. after mate9, what are you guys using?
P30 Pro

Might be my last huawei if no GMS going forward

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi mate9 user, anyone still using this solid phone? Haha I'm currently still using it.. haha see how many still using?

I had moved on from Mate 9 to Mate 20 Pro last year (2nd hand for about $400) and I just changed to a new battery (for free). This new battery makes the phone feel like totally new again as it can easily last 1 day with heavy use.

My next phone is likely to be another Huawei phone since I don't really rely so much on Google Apps and the AppGallery should be very solid by then. Besides, the warranty really rocks :D

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had moved on from Mate 9 to Mate 20 Pro last year (2nd hand for about $400) and I just changed to a new battery (for free). This new battery makes the phone feel like totally new again as it can easily last 1 day with heavy use.

My next phone is likely to be another Huawei phone since I don't really rely so much on Google Apps and the AppGallery should be very solid by then. Besides, the warranty really rocks :D

can share how you back up whatsapp, contacts and gmail?

how are banks apps, TraceTogether, singpass working for you?

the upcoming p50pro looks very attempting.

Algaenite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

P30 Pro

Might be my last huawei if no GMS going forward
Using p30 here. Same, would be my last Huawei if no GMS in the future

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can share how you back up whatsapp, contacts and gmail?

how are banks apps, TraceTogether, singpass working for you?

the upcoming p50pro looks very attempting.

There is a backup option within WhatsApp. Google automatically backs up my contacts. Gmail is in the cloud and there is no need to backup. I used HiSuite to backup my data and photos.

Mate 20 Pro still has Google. I might switch to P50 Pro or Mate 50 Pro around the end of next year. All the Apps you mentioned are already working without Google on the latest Huawei phones based on the feedback in this forum.

JPadPro

Master Member
Reaction score
Received software update 9.1.0.296
Changelog
[Security]
Integrate security patches released in May 2021
[System]
Optimises system stability for a smoother overall performance

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I passed the mate 9 to my mom in law more than 2 years ago.

I saw her today and was surprised that a almost 6 year old is still snappy!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.