NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Azureil

Reaction score
Congratulations!! 🥳 Was it through mail or email? And what batch were you?
Thank you! I got it through email, they sent out an sms first stating i got offered, then in the email they enclosed everything I needed to know. I applied in May 2020, so should be May/june batch. Hope you get good news soon! The wait is really painful

snowbunny

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. If I were to request to do practicum teaching and permanent posting around a certain region (assume correlation between postings for practicum and permanent posting) using having to care for my sicked parent, will MOE take that into account?

My current residence and my parent's residence is about 4km apart.
afaik moe tries to take traveling time into consideration for your posting but it’s really up to vacancies for your subject & level at the end of the day. for us in the batch of UTs that started in march, we def had no options to indicate our preferred locations and the schools were just allocated to us. traveling time varies also: there’s people posted to schools within walking distance vs people (like me) who are abt 45-60min away by bus. it’s all about luck, but you can always try calling moe hr after receiving the offer to see what can be done.

snowbunny

Reaction score
congrats!!! long wait but worth it :) what’s the aod date they quoted if you don’t mind me asking?
Thank you! I got it through email, they sent out an sms first stating i got offered, then in the email they enclosed everything I needed to know. I applied in May 2020, so should be May/june batch. Hope you get good news soon! The wait is really painful

hellothere1812

Reaction score
Hello! Congrats to those who just got offered 🤗 happy for you!

I am from the Jan/Feb 2021 batch and my portal status is reflected as Shortlisted, since 2 weeks back.

Can I ask if this means they’ll get back to me soon on my application outcome? Did you guys wait very long between your status update <> MOE contacting you about final outcome?

And I guess Shortlisted doesn’t = a confirmation either? Is there a probability!

Thanks!

Faithx1234567

Reaction score
Congrats both @Faithx1234567 and @Azureil !!! When is your appointment briefing?
Thurs 29
Hello! Congrats to those who just got offered 🤗 happy for you!

I am from the Jan/Feb 2021 batch and my portal status is reflected as Shortlisted, since 2 weeks back.

Can I ask if this means they’ll get back to me soon on my application outcome? Did you guys wait very long between your status update <> MOE contacting you about final outcome?

And I guess Shortlisted doesn’t = a confirmation either? Is there a probability!

Thanks!
mmm so 4-5 weeks after ur interview , they wud tell u if you r rejected . If nt rejected shud be send u for ept and thn med check up.
i went for interview in aug 2020 , 3-4 weeks after my interview I received a call from moe regarding changing of subject of teaching. During the same period , moe asked for my ept availability which I wasnt free for all dates available and there wasnt any follow up so i guess i was exempted . I went for med check up in late jan i think or early feb cant rmb but in between i received 2 emails saying results wud be delayed etc ( maybe cos im still an undergrad) . Received my offer letter ytd (Apr) so like it has been a long wait since aug 2020 to apr 2021.
i heard of cases whr people get rejected even after med check up so I wud say nothing is confirmed until u receive the offer letter.

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Woooo congrats to all!! 🥳 seems like those who went for medical check-up in jan-feb got the news first! I hope mine will be soon since I went in March..😟

destiny5551

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm currently undergoing my untrained teaching stint in a primary school, teaching English and Science. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck switching their CS from this combination to Math and Science. I really enjoy my journey so far but having to teach English has been very stressful due to my lack of subject proficiency.

Any kind souls with advice regarding this matter? Thank you!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.