Best ramen in Singapore

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Kuroyama Ramen (shoyu based with mountain of fried seaweed) @ Takagi Ramen (One North). S$10.90 nett
IMG-20210418-122122-454.jpg

IMG-20210418-122122-617.jpg

w3RrlHz.jpg

Reaction score
Tried this recently too. However I feel that the soup not umami enough and the yuzu while an interesting topping ruins the broth. Noodles nothing to shout about and hope the pork was more smoky.
Ramen, in general, is aplenty and very overrated in SG. Not even close to what I had in Japan. The best I had here is Hakata Ikkousha. The best I had in Japan was Ichiran (really really mind-blowing) for someone who isn't a big fan of ramen.

brudder it's just means u haven't eaten better ramen in jp liao.

unagiBento

Reaction score
Tried this recently too. However I feel that the soup not umami enough and the yuzu while an interesting topping ruins the broth. Noodles nothing to shout about and hope the pork was more smoky.

Ramen, in general, is aplenty and very overrated in SG. Not even close to what I had in Japan. The best I had here is Hakata Ikkousha. The best I had in Japan was Ichiran (really really mind-blowing) for someone who isn't a big fan of ramen.
The dry noodle from the same shop is much better. I tried both dry and the dashi soup. Agree with you the soup version not umami enough.

And yes, ramen is too overrated in SG. My best ramen experience was in Japan as well. Hokkaido. Ramen street. Small and crammed shop. Old Japanese ah pek cook the ramen. Enuff said.....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.