Seeking Information on Part Time B.Eng NTU Programs

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my offer from ntu triple e ... Looks like i was rejected from mechanical.

Goodluck to all !
same! what is your gpa? mine is 2.59. will u be accepting?

Should i try NUS mech eng? But seems like their requirements may be even higher

babeinthecity

Reaction score
2.46 here feeling dejected 😂 however, admission is on Aug and I only have 10 months of work exp.. I wonder how long all of your working exp are?

PS/ looks like my last chance will be on final appeal 😂😭🙏

babeinthecity

Reaction score
yes, part time. yeah..was thinking if i should try NUS mech eng next year? Or just accept NTU's EEE.
your best bet will be accepting what you have now (if you have interest in EEE)

accept, study EEE, apply btech mech nus next year and see if you are accepted. if yes then your choice to whether accept NUS and leave NTU.

but not too sure if you’re allowed to apply other uni when u r studying for it.

babeinthecity

Reaction score
Thats weird...i would think you would have a better chance getting in mech eng! Perhaps mech eng too high in demand, they can only offer us EEE?

Initially i thought i didnt have chance for mech eng cos of my poly dip in EEE...perhaps it is not the case.

I am 27, sign on in SAF. How about you? Is your job related to eee/mech eng?
I would like to tell you that EEE has got more opening (400part time opening in fact) compared to other courses I think only got 50+? don’t think got triple digits opening..

shaggerinos

Reaction score
2.46 here feeling dejected 😂 however, admission is on Aug and I only have 10 months of work exp.. I wonder how long all of your working exp are?

have you gotten a interview call yet? Or u received rejection letter?

my working experience around 2 years

monstermob

Reaction score

Hi ,

My working experience is just 1 year as I just graduated from poly last year! Perhaps you can get a sponsorship letter from your company to have a higher chance to enter !! All the best!!

PKFoong

Reaction score
Maybe i shall try NUS mech eng...but looking at how NTU has rejected me for mech eng...lower chances NUS will accept me right? higher gpa :(
Hmmmm I am not sure... as nus part time degree is under bachelor of technology which is different from their full time bachelor of engineering , maybe the requirements will be “lower” ?

Actually I applied both NUS and NTU, incase that I can’t get the from one of them .

babeinthecity

Reaction score
Hi ,

My working experience is just 1 year as I just graduated from poly last year! Perhaps you can get a sponsorship letter from your company to have a higher chance to enter !! All the best!!
you didn’t serve NS? I went thru NS and it seemed like schools rarely take into consideration that 2 years.. such a waste to be frank 🤣 feels old already.. gotta get the paper quick but it’s not easy 🥴

shaggerinos

Reaction score
you didn’t serve NS? I went thru NS and it seemed like schools rarely take into consideration that 2 years.. such a waste to be frank 🤣 feels old already.. gotta get the paper quick but it’s not easy 🥴
Maybe user is a girl so no need to serve NS :)

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Hmmmm I am not sure... as nus part time degree is under bachelor of technology which is different from their full time bachelor of engineering , maybe the requirements will be “lower” ?

Actually I applied both NUS and NTU, incase that I can’t get the from one of them .
lucky u! your GPA must be quite high? 3.++?

have you decided which to accept? i dont know what is the difference between a bach of tech and engineering. I just searched, realise that NUS part time offers only Btech while their full time course is Beng.

Anyway, for those who got a phone interview under EEE prof, did he mention that in year 2 have to do a industrial attachment (internship)? find it weird as we all have full time jobs... idk how im going to complete the IA :(

PKFoong

Reaction score
lucky u! your GPA must be quite high? 3.++?

have you decided which to accept? i dont know what is the difference between a bach of tech and engineering. I just searched, realise that NUS part time offers only Btech while their full time course is Beng.

Anyway, for those who got a phone interview under EEE prof, did he mention that in year 2 have to do a industrial attachment (internship)? find it weird as we all have full time jobs... idk how im going to complete the IA :(
Ya my gpa got 3.+

nus offered me on March and then I accepted. After that I got the NTU offer end of April, so now I am still considering 🤯 but I think I will accept NTU

shaggerinos

Reaction score
Ya my gpa got 3.+

nus offered me on March and then I accepted. After that I got the NTU offer end of April, so now I am still considering 🤯 but I think I will accept NTU
Ahh i see, for NUS they just straight accept without any phone interview right?

What's your reason for choosing NTU over NUS if i may ask? :) I know that NTU gives same cert for part time students as they give full time students. NUS Btech is not offered to full time students. In terms of the curriculum, i dont know much...but i think NTU is cheaper

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.